CLUB TESTERS WANTED - COBRA AMP CELL IRONS

Our Sponsors

Is it just me or does anyone else feel the sheer anticipation on this forum? I feel like AngryGolfHulk may have said it best...it definitely feels like the lotto numbers are about to be called and I am holding onto a $550M ticket! Although I believe the donors are getting called first so my opportunity to be called is probably still a few days away! Can I donate now to be considered into the fun?! My F5 key may be holding onto the keyboard with its deer life by the end of this for how often I keep refreshing the board (yes I am following the topic, but feel my email is just a few moments behind and I don't want to miss anything)!

Also wanna give a huge congrats to hckymeyer! Always happy to see Minnesota win anything! Our sports luck/talent doesn't always swing in our favor!

Driver: Taylormade R9 8.5° S

Fairway Wood: TBD
Irons: Cobra Amp 4i-9i
Wedges: SCOR 4161 43, 47, 51, 55, 59
Putter: Odyssey White Hot Rossie XG

Bag: TBD

• Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congrats hckymeyer... These look like great irons, I cant wait to read the reviews... I'm thinking irons will be my next purchase, so these kinds of reviews will be great for me...

My Bag:
Driver - 
:cobra-small:  King F6+

3 Wood -  :callaway-small: XR16
Hybrids -  :srixon-small:  ZH45
Irons -  :mizuno-small:  JPX 850 Pro

Wedges -  :callaway-small: Mac Daddy 2
Putter -   :taylormade-small: Spider Tour Red
Bag - Ogio Grom Stand

About 14 or 15 years ago, when I originally started playing, I fell in love with Cobra golf... I've played Cobra since I got my first job and saved the money to get myself the offset cobra driver. I since then have moved up to S3's and have been gaming them ever since. I have recently upgraded to the original Amp driver and everything this company has become is amazing. I would be an honor to play and review these irons for mygolfspy. Thanks for the consideration.

20130516_1704511238291314.jpg

Go Pokes!!!

Driver- Cobra Amp 9.5 Stiff

3W- Cobra S3

5W- Cobra S3

3H 4-GW- Cobra S3

52° & 60° Vokey Wedges

Cobra Putter

Pure Grips top to bottom

Swingin' Pete Marker/Orange & Black Tees

Dude! You also have one of those Cobra putters. Does it have an entirely milled face as well?

I laught at your claims to fight a zombie apocalypse when most of you can't stand up to a Spider

Congrats hckymeyer! Great choice!!!

I wonder what color he will pick... Hmmm

MY BAG-

Driver- Taylormade SLDR 12* (Speeder 7.2vc tour spec S)

3 Wood- Taylormade R11(bimatrix prototype S)

3 Hybrid- Ping I20(stock S)

Irons-Taylormade Tour Perferred MC ( C Taper S)

Wedges- 50, 54, and 58 SCOR4161( KBS)

Putter-Taylormade Ghost Corza.

All Left Handed!

Dude! You also have one of those Cobra putters. Does it have an entirely milled face as well?

It sure does. I have another that isn't though. I would really like to send them both off to be customized and milled as well bit my wife would shoot me. My Cobra putters are my favorites, and believe me I've been through my fair share and then some.

Go Pokes!!!

Driver- Cobra Amp 9.5 Stiff

3W- Cobra S3

5W- Cobra S3

3H 4-GW- Cobra S3

52° & 60° Vokey Wedges

Cobra Putter

Pure Grips top to bottom

Swingin' Pete Marker/Orange & Black Tees

I am a cobra man. I currently own the cobra s3 max. They are great clubs but they aren't shinny blue like my wife's eyes. I am 74 years old, a 16 handicap frOm our middle tee's (MOVING TO THE FORWARD TEE'S WHEN THESE AMP CELLS ARRIVE. I play three days a week in the summer and some saturdays and sundays. I participate in my most of my clubs events. Clubs functions are important to support because clubs are struggling nowadays.

Should I be chosen to participate, I will give the clubs a good work out and donate my old clubs to the First Tee Program.

phil.jpg

I am trjying to uplaod a photo by to no availe. how about a smiley :) or better yet what we did to punxy phil

It sure does. I have another that isn't though. I would really like to send them both off to be customized and milled as well bit my wife would shoot me. My Cobra putters are my favorites, and believe me I've been through my fair share and then some.

Very cool.

I ended up nabbing mine a year and a bit ago that I found as a random one off. I ended up asking Cobra about it and all I could get from them was it was Melbourne putter from the Aussie line, but didn't go through the process to have the insert put it. According to them at the time, there wasn't a bunch kicking about and they had new clue how I got it.

Since then, I've seen the odd one around the Interwebz. I suspect that there's a lot more of them out there then I initially thought.

Fantastic putter though eh? Probably one of the best milled putters I've ever used for feel.

I laught at your claims to fight a zombie apocalypse when most of you can't stand up to a Spider

I'm interested to join since it says anywhere on Earth. Us guys overseas don't usually get a chance to get our 2centavos in due to lack of availability of demos.

If someone can confirm us overseas guys can join and give our reviews, please give me the details.

Handicap 9.1 index 6i carry about 155yards (i need to switch to softer shafts)

I played my best golf with the Forged SS. I went to the Pro CBs but it it just too much club for me upwards of the 7i. I have always thought the Acushnet Cobra products belonged with the best (Forged SS were Endo forged), before I head back I want to see if the Puma-Cobras are up there as well.

Despite just turning 40 (and being overweight) the other year I pride myself in looking nice on the course. I can't quite go the Fowler route but my wife tells me that she sometimes wishes I would dress just us good when we head to the mall.

The picture was taken mid February 2013 after a light rain that started after we holed out on the 18th hole. A cup of coffee after we signed are scorecards this showed up.

smaller.JPG

• SPY VIP

I'm interested to join since it says anywhere on Earth. Us guys overseas don't usually get a chance to get our 2centavos in due to lack of availability of demos.

If someone can confirm us overseas guys can join and give our reviews, please give me the details.

Post 1 of this thread has all criteria and says anywhere on planet

Yo #JustPlayBetter

Follow @GolfSpyMBP
twitmbp.jpg

wimb2.jpg 

latestreview.jpg 

I would like to take this opportunity to welcome all those of you who have posted for the very first time in the forums and extend a warm welcome too you all.

Please take the time to introduce your self to the group in the "Introduce Yourself" thread as I for one would like to get to know each and every one of you and the experience that you bring with you.

AJ

WITB

Driver: Ping G25

FW: TM RBZ

Irons: Miura 57 Series w/KBS C-Taper

Wedges: Vokey SM4 52-08,56-12,60-04

Putter: Watch This Space

Ball: SRixon Z Star

Other: Tourstriker 7i

"Go Hard or Go Home"

"Do or Do Not. There is NO "TRY"

"Be normal, and the crowd will accept you. Be deranged, and they will make you their leader"

"I don't fail. I succeed at finding what doesn't work"

I'm a 14 handicap.

I believe that I embody the spirit of Cobra-Puma golf because of my picture below. I take the game seriously, but enjoy it. I try to make it fun. I make myself stand-out. All of these things are (what I believe to be) attributes of Cobra-Puma. They want to make the game fun and turn some heads. Here's a big reason why I embody them:

IMG_1591.JPG

Current Handicap is my entire golf game or 12-14, whichever is better that day.

The picture shown was earlier this year at Doral for WGC Cadillac. Not pictured on my feet is my pair of black/green Puma Faas Trac Evospeed golf shoes. (Of course it's a plug for Puma...lol)

I feel that I would be a good candidate to be a tester because I can certainly devote as much time needed to fully evaluate these irons. I can then provide very detailed feedback that both Cobra-PUMA Golf and readers on MyGolfSpy would appreciate reading about.

I embody the spirit of Cobra-PUMA Golf in that I like to go for it all, both on and off the course, yet I can hold back and make the proper decisions when need be. I'm like a gunslinger who every once in a while hears his Mom's voice saying to be careful (And no, I'm not crazy. My Mother had me tested at an early age..lol)...I would be a great candidate for this program though.

Thanks for listening.Doral globe.jpg

I wonder what color he will pick... Hmmm

Ha ha...is it even a question?? I think they are going to match my bag, cart and new driver nicely :)

I am a cobra man. I currently own the cobra s3 max. They are great clubs but they aren't shinny blue like my wife's eyes. I am 74 years old, a 16 handicap frOm our middle tee's (MOVING TO THE FORWARD TEE'S WHEN THESE AMP CELLS ARRIVE. I play three days a week in the summer and some saturdays and sundays. I participate in my most of my clubs events. Clubs functions are important to support because clubs are struggling nowadays.

Should I be chosen to participate, I will give the clubs a good work out and donate my old clubs to the First Tee Program.

phil.jpg

I am trjying to uplaod a photo by to no availe. how about a smiley :) or better yet what we did to punxy phil

YES!!! Finally Phil get's what he deserved, give him another shot from all of MN just to make sure. I hope you get picked just for that picture alone, good luck!

Driver: :callaway-logo-1: Epic SZ w/ VA Composites Raijin 65 04

3w: :taylormade-small:'16 M2 hl w/ Diamana D+ 82

5w: :cleveland-small: Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Yellow

Hybrid: :cleveland-small: 22 deg. Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Black

Irons: :ping-small: 5i-UW G700 w/ X100 soft stepped once

Wedges: :cleveland-small: 54 & 58 CBX w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Putter: :odyssey-small: Red 7s

My handicap is 16 and I embody the spirit of Cobra-Puma golf in that I am not the most well known golfer in my world, yet I am constantly pushing the envelope in becoming better in every area of my reality.

I love the Spiderman look on the back of the irons. Flash without going all Liberace on it. It shows the commitment to style and staying young without being obnoxiously gaudy. They are definitely looking like space shuttle repair pieces with which you can also play golf.

I would love to retire my Mizuno's and swing these red hot irons in front of my friends to cleave their psyches asunder with my powerful yet surgical strokes.

As you can tell by my putter, different doesn't scare me.

Lady.Fairway.Putter.JPG

Thank you for your consideration.

Mizuno MP33 irons - Stiff, standard length, 1º flat

Krank Rage head on a Penley Extra Stiff 46" shaft

Right handed

Lawrenceville, GA

12 handicap - but I'm "Workin' on it."