Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

New Puma Golf Shoes!

SPY ZINGER

faas-light-mesh.png

Secret's Out: PUMA® Golf Debuts the Lightest Shoe in Golf –

The Faas Lite Mesh

As indicated in my fixed-spike article ( http://www.mygolfspy...sual-golf-shoe/ ), it's no secret the Puma FAAS shoes were one of my favorite, very comfortable. Out of the box, they require no break in period either. As a fan and continued wearer of minimalist shoes, I was excited to see Puma offering their first offering in this category. It was only about three years ago, where there was only one shoe in town, now virtually every major manufacturer is coming out with something in this category. Like everything else in the Puma/Cobra stable, these look pretty sweet.

CARLSBAD, CA (May 15, 2013) –PUMA Golf has officially announced the release of the Faas Lite Mesh – the lightest shoe in golf.

“Weighing in at only 6.5 ounces, the Faas Lite Mesh is lighter than other golf shoes in the market,” commented Tom Manthe, Global Marketing Manager, PUMA Golf. “The new, spikeless footwear style is designed to take you from the street to the course in lightweight, maximum comfort and trend-setting style.”

Inspired by minimalist running, the zero heel-to-toe drop gives golfers a barefoot feeling and allows for a more natural stride and posture during the swing. The zero heel-to-toe drop refers to the sole of the shoe staying the same height, much like a foot would stand if wearing no shoe.

Strategically placed corrugated flex grooves move with the foot for a more natural movement. The grooves provide optimal flexibility and increases ground contact throughout the swing for improved traction and stability.

Additionally, the Faas Lite Mesh features SmartQuill® traction technology that provides directional grip elements to enhance ground contact for improved stability and traction. Evertrack® carbon rubber in the forefoot and heel provide long lasting durability and an OrthoLite® sockliner provides long lasting comfort and enhanced fit, so golfers can rock the Faas Lite Mesh comfortably round after round.

In addition to the lightest shoe in golf, PUMA Golf will be releasing the Faas Lite, an extremely lightweight and waterproof golf shoe. A combination of FaasFoam+ (a proprietary blend of foam and rubber that is 25% lighter than previous foams) and lightweight materials in the lining package and tongue create an extremely light and comfortable shoe that weighs just 8.7oz. Microfiber leather with stormCELL provides super lightweight performance and waterproof protection. Like the Faas Lite Mesh, zero heel-to-toe drop, corrugated flex grooves and SmartQuill® traction technology is found in the Faas Lite to deliver a lightweight, performance golf shoe.

The lightweight technology is packed with unquestionable style in three colorways for both the Faas Lite and Faas Lite Mesh. The Faas Lite Mesh is available in Brilliant Blue/Limeade, Vibrant Orange/White and White/Black and the Faas Lite is available in White/Vibrant Orange, White/Black/Brilliant Blue and Black/Castle Rock. All styles come with two laces, one tonal and one pop color for golfers to customize their footwear look.

The Faas Lite Women's and Faas Lite Mesh Women's have all the same features and benefits as the men's versions but weigh in even lighter at 7.0 oz and 5.5 oz, respectively. Women can choose from two colorways: White/PUMA Silver/Virtual Pink and Black/White/Virtual Pink in the Faas Lite Women's and Black/Virtual Pink and White/Brilliant Blue in the Faas Lite Mesh Women's.

PUMA Golf will also be releasing a limited edition version, the Faas Lite Splatter. Taking inspiration from Rickie Fowler's ‘Golf Art' in 2010 and the graphic designs on COBRA Golf's AMP CELL line of products, the Faas Lite Splatter features paint splatter designs on a white outsole with an orange formstripe. For more information, visit puma.com/golf

Faas Lite MSRP: $100

Faas Lite Mesh MSRP: $90

Faas Lite Women's MSRP: $90

Faas Lite Mesh Women's MSRP: $80

Faas Lite Splatter MSRP: $110

-1.jpg

Posted Image

• SPY VIP

Seriously CANNOT wait to check this one out. Even if the ultra-super-duper-spikeless design doesn't pan out for the golf course, me thinks it's going to be the perfect shoe for chilling in the clubhouse after 18.

Did I mention I can't wait to check this one out?

Seriously.

MyGolfSpy is only major golf site that refuses advertising from large golf companies. With your support we can keep it that way. Donate Today

Subscribe to the MyGolfSpy Newsletter

Seriously CANNOT wait to check this one out. Even if the ultra-super-duper-spikeless design doesn't pan out for the golf course, me thinks it's going to be the perfect shoe for chilling in the clubhouse after 18.

Did I mention I can't wait to check this one out?

Seriously.

Get in line, Puma has a priority list, and they are sending them to those who match the traits of the shoe first. Lite, sexy, and strategically placed corrugated flex grooves is sharpie'd inside the waistband of my unmentionables already.

Posted Image

My type of shoe!!!

Very attractive as an alternative to the Nike TW13/14 (from a pricing stand point)

:cobra-small: SpeedZone 9* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 60 S
:callaway-small: X2 Hot 3 Deep 14.5* w/ Aldila Tour Green 75 S
:taylormade-small: JetSpeed 5W 19* w/ Matrix Velox T 69 S OR :adams-small: Super LS 3H 19* w/ Kuro Kage Black 80 S
:mizuno-small: JPX919 Forged 4-PW w/ Modus3 105 S
:titelist-small: Vokey SM7 50/08F, 54/14F & 58/08M w/ Modus3 115 Wedge
:EVNROLL: ER1 34" w/ SuperStroke Fatso 2.0
MfleKCg.jpg Pro / 9dZCgaF.jpgH2NO Lite Cart Bag / :Clicgear: 3.0 / :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro LRF

My reviews: MLA Putter // Titleist SM7 // PING i500 // PuttOUT

I'm in the market for some new shoes and the Puma FAAS review got me interested but these are sweet. I liked the idea of the Asics 33 but not the color. These seem like a perfect compromise between the Pumas and Asics.

Not to take anything away from Puma here but the Asics also come in a black/grey as well I believe.

But these are worth looking at for sure.

The line is getting longer behind me.

Posted Image

• 2 weeks later...

Cobra Puma sent the Faas Lite. Not mesh, regular Faas Lite. I don't think they're going to sell the mesh version in Norway. Climate problems I guess.

Anyway, the Faas Lite is probably heavier than the Faas Lite Mesh, but it's still light weight. One shoe is 243 grams /8.57oz. My Vivo Hybrid weighs in at 276 grams/9.74 oz. Not much of a difference. But compared to my FJ Icons at 537 grams /18.94oz (still one shoe)............... That does make a difference when you walk 18.

I sent a question to Puma on twitter. The Faas Lite is "barefoot inspired". TM-adidas claim that their adizero is "barefoot inspired". The adidas is not even close, but I can see the connection in Faas Lite. Zero drop, but a thicker sole to provide some cushioning. Not real barefoot, but closer to the principles than the adizero.

Faas Lite is extremely comfortable. I was getting a few looks when I was wearing them. Could be a number of things - my "different" golf swing, the Criquet shirt I was wearing, my norse godlike appearance, or the fact that I'm not using an adjustable driver - but I think it was the shoes.

I think this is the closest the big brands have come to barefoot. Could be the way to go to get people into this type of shoe. Zero drop + ultra light + some cushioning in the sole = high sales. You shouldn't just consider trying the Faas Lite. You need to.

Skjermbilde-2013-05-28-kl.-18.23.52.png?resize=625%2C346

Furu, thanks for the picture! It changed my mind on the Faas Lite line altogether. Based solely (no pun intended... maybe) on the stock pictures I've seen of both shoes I was only interested in the looks of the mesh version. But, I'll say those regular Lite's look awesome in your picture!

Got any more?

Driver: Ping G25 9.5° TFC Tour X-stiff w/New Decade Multicompound Whiteout/Red

Fairway Wood: 3w Tour Edge Exotics CB4 Tour 13° Aldila RIP X-stiff w/New Decade Multicompound Black/Red

Hybrid: 3h Tour Edge Exotics CB4 Tour 19° Aldila RIP X-stiff w/New Decade Multicompound Black/Red

Irons: Cobra Amp Cell Pro's 4i-PW KBS C-Taper X-stiff + 1/2" w/New Decade Multicompound Whiteout/Black

Wedges: Titleist Vokey SM4's 50°, 54°, 58° DG S300's +1/2" w/New Decade Multicompound Whitout/Black

Putter: Nike Method 001 34" w/SuperStroke Mid-Slim White/Red

Ball: Titleist Pro-V1x

I'll post pictures tomorrow. 2.53 am over here :)

It does look more like a normal Puma golf shoe. The Mesh looks like a running shoe.

Awesome, looking forward to it!

Driver: Ping G25 9.5° TFC Tour X-stiff w/New Decade Multicompound Whiteout/Red

Fairway Wood: 3w Tour Edge Exotics CB4 Tour 13° Aldila RIP X-stiff w/New Decade Multicompound Black/Red

Hybrid: 3h Tour Edge Exotics CB4 Tour 19° Aldila RIP X-stiff w/New Decade Multicompound Black/Red

Irons: Cobra Amp Cell Pro's 4i-PW KBS C-Taper X-stiff + 1/2" w/New Decade Multicompound Whiteout/Black

Wedges: Titleist Vokey SM4's 50°, 54°, 58° DG S300's +1/2" w/New Decade Multicompound Whitout/Black

Putter: Nike Method 001 34" w/SuperStroke Mid-Slim White/Red

Ball: Titleist Pro-V1x

Just got home this evening, and my neighbor actually had these for a couple days due to a miss-delivery. Anyway, I wanted to get some photo's up at least to show you some in hand pics.

First Impressions:

No question, they are the lightest shoe I have held or worn. They are barefoot styled shoes, but have more comfort padding in the sole and insole of the shoe. For the player that has been on the fence about trying a barefoot shoe, this would be an ideal compromise based on their comfort. Although this model is not offered in widths, they can fit a Wide (E) foot as the mesh sidewalls do have some considerable give to them for expansion. Fit is true to size.

Again, they are without a doubt, the lightest show I've even tried or held, they truly are remarkable in this regard. Very well done by Puma, and are they type of shoe I want to immediately wear, not just on the golf course.

IMG_3241.JPG

IMG_3242.JPG

IMG_3244.JPG

IMG_3245.JPG

IMG_3246.JPG

IMG_3247.JPG

IMG_3248.JPG

IMG_3249.JPG

IMG_3250.JPG

IMG_3251.JPG

IMG_3252.JPG

IMG_3253.JPG

IMG_3255.JPG

IMG_3256.JPG

IMG_3258.JPG

IMG_3259.JPG

IMG_3260.JPG

IMG_3261.JPG

IMG_3262.JPG

IMG_3264.JPG

IMG_3265.JPG

IMG_3268.JPG

Posted Image

Like the pics furu! I like both designs as well. The mesh is obviously for dry days only. To add to what furu said, they are zero drop but not a true barefoot platform like the original True or Vivos. They have a little more added cushion than those varietys and serve them very well.

Posted Image

Sort of curious about these. I need to try them on first though as I have a wide foot so I'm curious to see how much give the mesh actually has.

Mark Jones

Callaway Rogue Sub Zero - Project X Even Flow Black

Cobra F8 3 wood - Aldila NV 2KXV Green

Cobra F8 5 wood - Aldila NV 2KXV Green

Mizuno JPX 919 Hot Metal Pro 4-GW - KBS Tour

Titleist SM6 54° - KBS Tour

Titleist SM8 58° - KBS Tour

Bettinardi 2018 BB1

Titleist Linksmaster

• 3 weeks later...

In conjunction with the launch of the lightest shoe in golf, the Faas Lite Mesh, PUMA Golf has launched the #DoTheFaas campaign on Twitter and Facebook.

Fans are invited to to share their jumping photos using the hashtag #DoTheFaas on Twitter and Instagram. The jumping pose comes from Rickie Fowler's Faas Lite video (

) and references the extreme lightweight nature of the Faas Lite Mesh and Faas Lite footwear. Photos on Instagram will be fed into PUMA's new #DoTheFaas website at http://www.puma.com/golf/dothefaas

For 8 weeks, PUMA Golf will also host #FaasFriday. Every Friday, PUMA Golf will select one winner from Twitter and one from Instagram to win a new pair of Faas Lite kicks.

PUMA Golf on Twitter: @PUMAGolf

COBRA PUMA GOLF on Instagram: @COBRAPUMAGOLF

-1.jpg

Posted Image

• 3 weeks later...

So Furu and Zinger, you've both had these for a decent bit now.

How are they holding up? Any issues that have cropped up past their few times out?

I don't find the Adicross that comfortable when I get out early and run the course and these look more along the lines of a cross trainer or running shoe. Plus I've also heard their more comfortable then the FJ M's which I like.

I laught at your claims to fight a zombie apocalypse when most of you can't stand up to a Spider

• SPY VIP

So Furu and Zinger, you've both had these for a decent bit now.

How are they holding up? Any issues that have cropped up past their few times out?

I don't find the Adicross that comfortable when I get out early and run the course and these look more along the lines of a cross trainer or running shoe. Plus I've also heard their more comfortable then the FJ M's which I like.

I haven't worn them on the golf course yet, mostly because it's been raining for two weeks straight, and well...mesh and water...

While they're not the most padded shoe (in the heal is where I notice it), they feel as light as advertised, and they're really very comfortable. I wear them to the course, when I test indoors, and every now and again just for running errands and doing the family thing. While perhaps not the stated purpose, for the money it's a solid every day shoe for when it's not raining.

One of these days I'll see how they work for golf.

MyGolfSpy is only major golf site that refuses advertising from large golf companies. With your support we can keep it that way. Donate Today

Subscribe to the MyGolfSpy Newsletter

Cheers T!

I'm mostly interested in the non-mesh version so I can get the waterproofing for all the fall rounds I like to play in the morning. I know that adds on a couple Oz in weight, but even at 8.5 they should be plenty light. It's really the running aspect that's grabbed me with these. Most of the running style golf shoes are mesh, which defeats their purpose for me. I might have missed the others, but this is the first that's grabbed my attention for being light weight, water proof and more of a running shoe.

I've been saying for years I just wish Nike/Puma/Adidas/whomever would just take my current running shoe and stick spikes on them. Looks like they're finally listening.

I laught at your claims to fight a zombie apocalypse when most of you can't stand up to a Spider

I've worn them a lot. It's my #1 golf shoe at the moment. And I've got Icon, Lunar I, Lunar II, Adizero, TW13 ++ sitting at home.

They are incredibly comfortable. Quality looks to be very good. Not having any problems with slipping even in wet conditions. But I've never had that problem with any street shoe. It's been wet in Norway - they are really waterproof :)

I strongly believe that Faas Lite is the shoe that can make "barefoot/zero drop" more popular. Yes, we've got True, Vivo and a few others. But Faas Lite is different. A little more thickness in the sole makes all the difference. Barefoot purists may not approve, but I think they're perfect. Not a compromise, just a perfect barefoot golf shoe for everyone. And a very good price point too. They cost $150 here in Norway and that's cheaper than ECCO Street and........well, everything else.

I Ecco Tonys message to a T. I've wear them everywhere except on course due to ground moisture. They are light and comfortable, I really like them a lot. They feel more like a heavy duty sock than a shoe.

Posted Image

I have the puma faas and the puma faas lite but not the faas lite mesh due to thinking they're ugly.

Best golf shoes I've ever worn. I haven't worn them to play golf; however, I've worn them for teaching and around the shop for a month now and they still look brand new. They're a little squeaky outta the box, maybe that's because I'm fat, but maybe I just don't hear the squeaks anymore haha.

I've yet to golf in them, but I've hit balls in the,m once and they're a great shoe. No complaints. My trues will be in the bst next week.

Archived