Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

Cobra AMP Cell Pro (Blue) w/ GD Tour AD-BB

• SPY VIP

Yes! Not as an off the rack choice, but any Cobra partner can custom order it.

What we can't get the Blue ZL Encore which would be sweet.

Red, white and red Canadian driver eh MBP? That sounds like a fantastic idea. Maybe a Amp Cell with the Kiyoshi White and a red Iomic or a Dance with Dragon to keep the reptile theme? Now that, would be a hawt driver. Probably pushing 7 bills though depending on the cost of the Kiyoshi from Cobra.

Both red and blue are custom order only. The popularity of blue and red caught Cobra a bit by surprise (orange and silver were assumed to be the most popular).

I haven't heard anything about the ZL in a while. If product cycles hold, it's due for a fall refresh along with the AMP (non-cell, non-cell pro) irons. We already know the wedge is on the way (sets up beautifully by the way), but I'd be surprised if that's all we heard from Cobra this fall.

MyGolfSpy is only major golf site that refuses advertising from large golf companies. With your support we can keep it that way. Donate Today

Subscribe to the MyGolfSpy Newsletter

Both red and blue are custom order only. The popularity of blue and red caught Cobra a bit by surprise (orange and silver were assumed to be the most popular).

I haven't heard anything about the ZL in a while. If product cycles hold, it's due for a fall refresh along with the AMP (non-cell, non-cell pro) irons. We already know the wedge is on the way (sets up beautifully by the way), but I'd be surprised if that's all we heard from Cobra this fall.

The red version is by far the nicest looking driver out there imo. Would go nice with that Fuji not-so-us-open shaft.

Agreed, I suspect the ZLE is in for either a refresh, a rename or disappear with the Amp Cell Pro taking over.

I just happen to love the ZLE driver and really like the blue Cobra has, hence the burning desire for one. Also because my homeslice, Blixt, is rocking one.

Do you think the Amp is going to get refreshed? I figured the Cell line replaced it entirely and we'd end up with something like the Amp Cell, Cell Pro and then maybe the continuation of the ZL/E as the full out "players" option.

I'd suspect that maybe the Amp Cell Pro fairway that Rickie's been rocking might come out at the same time.

Meanwhile, what is with the October release? Seems odd to me given most of the north eastern US is packing away the clubs at that point.

I laught at your claims to fight a zombie apocalypse when most of you can't stand up to a Spider

• SPY VIP

Agreed, I suspect the ZLE is in for either a refresh, a rename or disappear with the Amp Cell Pro taking over.

I just happen to love the ZLE driver and really like the blue Cobra has, hence the burning desire for one. Also because my homeslice, Blixt, is rocking one.

Do you think the Amp is going to get refreshed? I figured the Cell line replaced it entirely and we'd end up with something like the Amp Cell, Cell Pro and then maybe the continuation of the ZL/E as the full out "players" option.

I'd suspect that maybe the Amp Cell Pro fairway that Rickie's been rocking might come out at the same time.

Meanwhile, what is with the October release? Seems odd to me given most of the north eastern US is packing away the clubs at that point.

What I meant to say is that the AMP Forged is due for replacement (the AMP has basically been replaced by the AMP Cell). I think 4 solid men's offerings is about right for most manufacturers. Baffler is Super GI, AMP Cell is GI, and AMP Cell Pro is anything but. They definitely need to fill the gap where the AMP forged sits.

I should probably start asking questions about the ZL. I think I remember Tom Preece telling us that Amp Cell Pro was based on the ZL, but it seems reasonable to think that the evolution of the ZL will continue. Great club...great fun to hit.

As for the October release. The late summer/fall release is still SOP for many. You can pretty much bank on an i25 from PING, 2 new iron sets from Mizuno, new Callaway wedges (and probably more), and whatever TaylorMade decides they want to do. Titleist released the 913 in November.

MyGolfSpy is only major golf site that refuses advertising from large golf companies. With your support we can keep it that way. Donate Today

Subscribe to the MyGolfSpy Newsletter

The red version is by far the nicest looking driver out there imo. Would go nice with that Fuji not-so-us-open shaft.

It would go good with my Speeder Tour Spec.

With the adjustability of clubs, they need to start making shafts and grips so that the logos are gone or wrapped 360*. I hate having this gorgeous shaft/head, with a lame ass black GP Tour 360 grip.

It would go good with my Speeder Tour Spec.

With the adjustability of clubs, they need to start making shafts and grips so that the logos are gone or wrapped 360*. I hate having this gorgeous shaft/head, with a lame ass black GP Tour 360 grip.

Agreed! I'm lucky that my covert doesn't do that cause to change the loft you move that top coupling but I also keep it in the neutral setting

Driver:   :callaway-small: Epic 10.5 set to 9.5 w/ Tour AD-DI 44.5

FW:   :cobra-small: F6 baffler set at 16º

Hybrid:  NONE
Irons:   :taylormade-small:  3i 2014 TP CB  4-PW 2011 TP MC w/ TT S400

Wedges:   :nike-small: 52º :nike-small: 56º  :edel-golf-1: 60 º w/ KBS C-Taper XS Soft-stepped

Putter:   :ping-small: Sigma G Tyne 34 inches Gold dot

Archived