Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

Laser Link Golf Introduces The White Magic Laser Rangefinder

• SPY VIP

laserlink white.jpg

OK I had a snicker at the name "White Magic". Not even sure why, but that name gives me the giggles. Anyway, Laser Link has developed a new rangefinder that beeps when you hit a reflector and vibrates on non-reflector targets. Nice way to tell what you have hit. I know Golfspy Tim was not a big fan of the Red Hot, but perhaps the new Target Differentiation Technology makes the difference.

-----------------------

MADISON, WI - Laser Link Golf, a leader in distance measurement technology and solutions for the golf market, announced today that they have begun shipment of the company's latest rangefinder - White Magic. This product will join a family of products that includes the QuickShot, Red Hot, and Switch laser rangefinders. All of these products are now available in green-grass and off-course retail outlets across the country.

White Magic operates on a similar platform as the company's popular Red Hot rangefinder. It is a "any target" rangefinder, so any landmark on the golf course can be measured at the touch of a button. Main features include:

• Laser Link Golf's trademark pistol shape - No design works better for golfers. Why is this better? It allows you to use the rangefinder away from your face, which means you don't have adjust your hat or sunglasses to get your measurement.

• Zero-In Alignment System for easy targeting

• Simple one-button operation

What sets this unit apart from the Red Hot is what the company calls Target Differentiation Technology (TDT), or "Know Your Target" technology. TDT allows the rangefinder to distinguish between reflector and non-reflector targets on the golf course. Hit a Laser Link reflector target, and White Magic will "beep". Hit a tree or other object, and White Magic will vibrate. The benefit? You'll know that the measurement you want, is the measurement you receive.

"All of our products are created with one goal in mind -- make the same technology used by PGA Tour® players simple and easy to use for the millions of players who don't live tournament to tournament," said Rob O'Loughlin, president of Laser Link Golf. "White Magic delivers the information every golfer needs in a way any golfer can use."

For more information on White Magic or other Laser Link products, visit www.laserlinkgolf.com.

Volvo Intorqueo

All the cool kids follow me on twitter: @GolfspyDave

If you are not a cool kid, following me on twitter will make you cool...

Is it just me or do their range finders make you think of a hand scanner at the supermarket?

In The Bag
Driver: TaylorMade M2 (2017) w/ Project X T1100 HZRDUS Handcrafted 65x 
Strong 3 wood: Taylormade M1 15* w/ ProjectX T1100 HZRDUS handcrafted 75x
3 Hybrid: Adams PRO 18* w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4 Hybrid: Adams PRO 20* (bent to 21*) w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4-AW: TaylorMade P770 w/ Dynamic Gold Tour Issue Black Onyx S400

SW: 56* Scratch Tour Dept(CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
LW: 60* Scratch Tour Department (CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
XW: 64* Cally XForged Vintage w/ DG X100 8 iron tiger stepped
Putter: Nike Method Prototype 006 at 34"

Have a ton of back-ups in all categories, but there are always 14 clubs in the bag that differ depending on the course and set-up. Bomb and gouge. Yes, I'm a club gigolo.

Couple clubs by me have these on their carts rather than the standard GPS screens. I love em but everyone in the group usually struggles with them. They all whip out their personal lasers instead. Anybody else like these?

Not the killer whale version like this or white whale or whatever it is- the standard gold version.

Archived