TESTERS WANTED! ×

When I win the lottery on Saturday...

SPY ZINGER

When I win the 600 Million Powerball Lottery this Saturday….

z2_zps135e76b0.jpg

While it's fun and enjoyable to dream of ways in which to spend the jackpot, when I win, I'm really not going to spend it at all. I would take the money and secure it in conservative investments that would stand the test of time. I would build a safety valve around it and allow my family to draw a modest income to live comfortably without having to earn income. Yet, they would continue to work. But, it would no longer be called work, it would be living a dream.

z3_zpsb66dff2e.jpg

I would purchase the Hudson Golf Club in Hudson, Wisconsin. I would close the doors for a year and turn it into the club it deserves to be. The initial membership would consist of 100 of my closest friends and their families. There would be no initiation fee. You just have to love the game. The club would have one focus, and that would be to treat each member like they're the most important asset of the club. Because in reality, that's who they really are.

z4_zps4c93709b.jpg

After taking care of logistical positions, my family would run the day to day operations of the club. Earning an income, and becoming profitable are no longer a concern. Making it the best place in the area to play the game we love would be the lone focus.

z5_zps350ce6f5.jpg

I would hire a couple friends of mine to assist in the member experience. I would incorporate the James Patrick Golf Grindhouse into my operation, so my membership could play the best looking heads in the game. I would fill my pro shop with brands like JP Golf, Miura, 59 Belts, QED, Vesti Acendi, etc. Companies that have million dollar hearts, and operate businesses out of the love of the game first . No doubt, MGS, the best equipment forum in golf would be a part of the family too.

z6_zpsf8a0c600.jpg

It would be a legacy business, that would be handed down from generation to generation. It would instill the importance and reward of hard work where profits would be measured in member satisfaction, above all else. All this, sans the worries of generating the almighty dollar. A club that would sustain the test of time by serving it's membership one at a time under the best playing conditions and amenities. I guess I would call it, Zingerdise.

z7_zps61e20197.jpg

The club logo you ask?

z1.jpg

Posted Image

That's a great way to spend 600 million!

Driver:   :callaway-small: Epic 10.5 set to 9.5 w/ Tour AD-DI 44.5

FW:   :cobra-small: F6 baffler set at 16º

Hybrid:  NONE
Irons:   :taylormade-small:  3i 2014 TP CB  4-PW 2011 TP MC w/ TT S400

Wedges:   :nike-small: 52º :nike-small: 56º  :edel-golf-1: 60 º w/ KBS C-Taper XS Soft-stepped

Putter:   :ping-small: Sigma G Tyne 34 inches Gold dot

The only issue I see is the location. I'm thinking something in the Ramsey area *cough* Northfork *cough* would be a much better location :)

Also don't forget houses on the course and custom golf carts for all!!

Driver: :taylormade-small: SLDR w/ Fujikura Ventus Black

3w: :taylormade-small:'16 M2 hl w/ Diamana D+ 82

5w: :cleveland-small: Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Yellow

Hybrid: :cleveland-small: 22 deg. Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Black

Irons: :cleveland-small: 5i - gap Launcher CBX w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Wedges: :cleveland-small: 54 CBX & 58 Zipcore w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Putter: :odyssey-small: Red 7s

And lifetime free rounds for MGS forum members?

In Nick's Ogio Edge Stand Bag
Driver: Taylormade Rocketballz 9.5* Aldila Rip'd NV Stiff
Fairway: Tour Edge CB4 15* Rip Gamma Stiff
Hybrid: Adams Idea Pro A12 18* KBS Tour X
Irons: Mizuno MP-53 3-PW DG X100
Wedges: Mizuno MP R-12 52* & 56* DG Spinner
Putter: Taylormade Ghost Spider Si 38"

Zinger Air would have a contract charter for you all. No doubt!

Buy a jet. Hire me to fly it. I'll go get everybody. Boom, problem solved! I'm glad that Zingerdise will be so close to home!

Driver: TaylorMade R9 9.5* with a Diamana Kai'li 70 S shaft

Fairway: TaylorMade R9 TP 13* with Graphite Design Tour AD YSQ-st X flex

UtilityWilson Staff FYbrid 19.5* Aldila RIP Sigma Stiff

Irons: Wilson Staff FG Tour V2 KBS Tour X flex 4-pw (soft-stepped)

Wedges: Wilson Staff FG Tour TC 50* (standard grind, bent to 51*) TT DG Spinner, 56* and 60* (tour grinds, bent to 55* and 59*) Dynamic Gold Wedge flex

Putter: Yes! Abbie Tour Forged Pro Series 33" 

Ball: Wilson Staff FG Tour, Maxfli U4

Bag: Wilson Staff NeXus 100th Anniversary carry bag

Backup Irons: Wilson Staff FG-17 Tour Blades with TT Dynamic Stiff 3-PW

Backup Utility: Mizuno MP-H4 2 iron TT Dynamic Gold R300

Backup Putter: Pro Gear CG 100 33" (Pro Gear is what turned into Yes!)

Now that's a business plan to believe in!

What's in the bag:

Driver:  :titelist-small:TSR3; :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR Carbon
FW Wood: :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR 3-wood; :titleist-small: TSR 2+
Hybrids:  PXG Gen4 18-degree
Utility Irons: :srixon-small: ZX MkII 20* 
Irons:;  :Sub70:699/699 Pro V2 Combo; :wilson_staff_small: D9 Forged;  :macgregor-small:MT86 (coming soon!); :macgregor-small: VIP 1025 V-Foil MB/CB; 

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: RTX6 Zipcore
Putter: :cleveland-small: HB Soft Milled 10.5;  :scotty-small: Newport Special Select;  :edel-golf-1:  Willamette,  :bettinardi-small: BB8; :wilson-small: 8802; MATI Monto

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B RXS; :srixon-small: Z-STAR Diamond; :wilson_staff_small: Triad

Stat Tracker/GPS Watch: :ShotScope:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

The location is perfect and would be worth the drive and time. No question, MGS members prior to Sat. would have playing privileges. Paul, you got it! Keep on the edge of your seats today...I'll be announcing the grand opening date if this plan comes together.

Posted Image

I wanted to win, until I read this :P

If I DO win, I think I'll split it with Zinger!

What's In the Bag

Driver - :callaway-small: GBB 

Hybrids  :cleveland-small: Halo XL Halo 18* & :cobra-small: T-Rail 20*

Irons  :cobra-small: T-Rail 2.0

Wedges :ping-small: 60* TS / SCOR 48* 53* 58*

Putter     :scotty-small:

Ball :callaway-logo-1:

Bag Datrek DG Lite  

I wanted to win, until I read this :P

If I DO win, I think I'll split it with Zinger!

Deal!

Good stuff Zinger!!

What's thatputter in the pic?

The best in the drawing

Fairways & Greens 4ever

:mizuno-small:

It's an Odyssey White Ice #9.

The sports model is me.

Posted Image

Will there be soft serve ice cream machines on every tee?

Wouldn't that be counter active to you getting down to 180 MBP? Lol

Driver:   :callaway-small: Epic 10.5 set to 9.5 w/ Tour AD-DI 44.5

FW:   :cobra-small: F6 baffler set at 16º

Hybrid:  NONE
Irons:   :taylormade-small:  3i 2014 TP CB  4-PW 2011 TP MC w/ TT S400

Wedges:   :nike-small: 52º :nike-small: 56º  :edel-golf-1: 60 º w/ KBS C-Taper XS Soft-stepped

Putter:   :ping-small: Sigma G Tyne 34 inches Gold dot

MGS Golf trip to Ireland should be included. Cruise the coast in a bus filled with a variety of microbrews and bourbon, playing the best links courses in the world hungover daily. You foot the bill, I'll take care of the details... B)

Driver: Titleist 915 D2 9.5 with Diamana Whiteboard S flex

3 wood: Titleist 915F 15*, Whiteboard S Flex

Titleist 915H 18* and 24* with Whiteboard SFlex

Irons: Mizuno JPX EZ Forged 4-PW with S300's

Wedges: Mizuno MP T4 50*, 56* with DG Spinner

Putter:MannKrafted Long Slope or Odyssey #7 Versa Metal milled or Betti Tour Stock;

Ball: Bridgestone B330 or Titleist NXT

Bag: Titleist 'Murica colored carry bag or

MyGolfSpy Tour Bag

RH, Western KY

Posted Image

The only issue I see is the location. I'm thinking something in the Ramsey area *cough* Northfork *cough* would be a much better location :)

Also don't forget houses on the course and custom golf carts for all!!

Simple solution--"Zingerdise South Golf Club". Somewhere on the northeast coast of Florida between Daytona and St. Augustine.

Nonchalant putts count the same as chalant putts.

In my Ogio Ozone XX Cart Stand Bag:

Ping G400 10.5 Deg Driver, stock Stiff shaft
TM Rocketballz 19 Deg 5 Wood, stock Matrix Osik Stiff shaft
TM Rocketballz Stage 2 21 Deg Tour 4 Hybrid, Rocketfuel 80h Stiff shaft 

Callaway Apex CF 16 Irons, 4-P, Stiff Shafts

Scor 48 and 55 degree wedges.  
Renegar 60 Deg Steel Shaft Lob Wedge

TM Ghost Spider Si 38" Counterbalanced Putter

Simple solution--"Zingerdise South Golf Club". Somewhere on the northeast coast of Florida between Daytona and St. Augustine.

I am too familiar with the dirty, filthy, dirty! I spent 5 months in Sea Island. I love the area you speak of!

Posted Image

• 2 weeks later...

Hey this is fun.

By my math, after taxes in a one time pay out someone got 378 million with the lump sum pay out.

According to Schwab, the average return over the last 42 years for a moderate risk level of investments yields a 9.6% increase....so let's just say 10% to make it easy math....

That would yield you 37.8million in the first year alone for that investment...which means the interest on the interest would yield 3.78 million if if that puts it into perspective a little better.

For me personally, I think I could live VERY VERY comfortably with only 10mil alone earning interest.

So I am now down to 368mil to play with.

I would set up 1mil for each of my unborn children to secure their college funds, downpayment on home and as a extra source of income for them...I plan on 2 children so that takes me to 366mil to play with.

Oh yea, I always may my tithes to my church so they would get 37.8 mil there.

Now I am at 328.2 mil.

I would easily set up a good 100 mil in different investments to send money to charities that I believed in. Millenium project is one of them that teaches 3rd world countries how to grow food and raise livestock. So I would be buying cattle for them every year for instance. (teaching a man to fish, the eat for a lifetime). Also by investing I am guarunteeing the fact that they would be getting money yearly instead of just one time.

228.2 mil...

I would probably use some of this to start up a nonprofit to teach inner-city kids where their food comes from. I have grown up working in agriculture and have found that many kids dont know how to grow their own food and what the plants look like. I think knowing food is an essential tool for survival and poor families can eat better if they grow produce of their own....lets just say this would cost me 3mil....

225.2mil...

One thing I would also like to do is one day own my own movie theater. I love movies but movies cost alot these days. One way I would make it more worth while is by selling home made candy instead of the box junk. Make the movies an experience again...estimation for this is a little higher cause of the cost of screens, speakers, and liscensing...5mil

220.2mil...

I have run out of ideas...but I would easily allocate more money to myself to secure my financial future better and also put more toward charities....

I am someone who wants to live by my needs...not my wants. I long for a simpler life and I dont like big houses. I reject technology alot of the time as I find that it can make especially my home life more complicated....

The only other thing that I would consider doing with money would be to buy some vacation homes in a couple different countries and own my own plane...I have taken some flying lessons and really enjoy it but gave up on it as I simply dont have the finances for such a hobby....

Lets just say the homes and plane would be a seperate account where the interest paid for the plane and homes and such...20mil TOPS...I doubt it would ever get that high....

So that leaves 200 mil that I would have no idea what to do with....crazy crazy crazy

always fun to dream!

Tour R11s V2 8*- Devotion 75 04 tipped or Fubuki Alpha 70x

Wilson dxi 16*- devotion 85 05

Tour TM Rescue Peanut 22*- devotion 85x

R9TP 4-pw- Project x 6.0 hardstepped

Titleist sm4 50/54- Project x 6.0

ATV 58*- Project x 6.0

Kia Ma Fontana 2010

Hey this is fun.

By my math, after taxes in a one time pay out someone got 378 million with the lump sum pay out.

According to Schwab, the average return over the last 42 years for a moderate risk level of investments yields a 9.6% increase....so let's just say 10% to make it easy math....

That would yield you 37.8million in the first year alone for that investment...which means the interest on the interest would yield 3.78 million if if that puts it into perspective a little better.

For me personally, I think I could live VERY VERY comfortably with only 10mil alone earning interest.

So I am now down to 368mil to play with.

I would set up 1mil for each of my unborn children to secure their college funds, downpayment on home and as a extra source of income for them...I plan on 2 children so that takes me to 366mil to play with.

Oh yea, I always may my tithes to my church so they would get 37.8 mil there.

Now I am at 328.2 mil.

I would easily set up a good 100 mil in different investments to send money to charities that I believed in. Millenium project is one of them that teaches 3rd world countries how to grow food and raise livestock. So I would be buying cattle for them every year for instance. (teaching a man to fish, the eat for a lifetime). Also by investing I am guarunteeing the fact that they would be getting money yearly instead of just one time.

228.2 mil...

I would probably use some of this to start up a nonprofit to teach inner-city kids where their food comes from. I have grown up working in agriculture and have found that many kids dont know how to grow their own food and what the plants look like. I think knowing food is an essential tool for survival and poor families can eat better if they grow produce of their own....lets just say this would cost me 3mil....

225.2mil...

One thing I would also like to do is one day own my own movie theater. I love movies but movies cost alot these days. One way I would make it more worth while is by selling home made candy instead of the box junk. Make the movies an experience again...estimation for this is a little higher cause of the cost of screens, speakers, and liscensing...5mil

220.2mil...

I have run out of ideas...but I would easily allocate more money to myself to secure my financial future better and also put more toward charities....

I am someone who wants to live by my needs...not my wants. I long for a simpler life and I dont like big houses. I reject technology alot of the time as I find that it can make especially my home life more complicated....

The only other thing that I would consider doing with money would be to buy some vacation homes in a couple different countries and own my own plane...I have taken some flying lessons and really enjoy it but gave up on it as I simply dont have the finances for such a hobby....

Lets just say the homes and plane would be a seperate account where the interest paid for the plane and homes and such...20mil TOPS...I doubt it would ever get that high....

So that leaves 200 mil that I would have no idea what to do with....crazy crazy crazy

Good perspectives right here, and fun to think about. Cool post! B)

Posted Image

Archived