Testers Wanted! Callaway Ai Smoke Drivers & AutoFlex Dream 7 Driver Shafts ×

Marshall Stories

Saccers

I have a lot of stories so I will start with

Chivalry is Not Dead

Driving slowly up to hole number 15 one day I sorta did a double look ... 3 Guys and 1 Girl .... all barefeet... Well you know ya think ya seen everything and well here we go ... you can't help it ya gotta ask Ok "What' going on here!"

Well the story was the girl shoes din't fit properly and she had callous ... so the boys all figure they would make her feel comfortable by all of them taking their shoes off.

What guys won't do for a pretty girl. The girl had a real embarrassed look and well you know you can be a tough Marshall or sometimes have a little heart with the Weekend Warriors .. Told them to watch where they stepped and make sure they put their shoes on at the 18th hole before the Pro shop would see them and off they went smiling and giggling.

I watched from afar and realized they were having a real good time ... I know I know ... I should of told them all to put shoes on but you know when you know its a bunch of good kids... let them live a little and enjoy the memories, it can be enough to make them life time golfers.

More to come. Mind you there are a lot more negative stories then good ones... Cause the Golf Weekend Warrior with the five 20 ounce beer in 4 holes can come up with some very scaring events..

If your Marshall feel free to post your story.

DRIVER Nike Corvert [9.5°] R-Flex (Won in Fantasy Game)

Fairway Driver (No Name) Flex ? Better than a 3 wood anyday

Callaway RAZR X Iron 5 to PW R Flex

Callaway Hydrid X Hot 3 & 4

Titliest 910 5 Wood

No Name Sand Wedge

Putter - Tour Select\

Shoes Callaway RAZR Black

Ball Callaway Type (Relevant to weather)

Special Note: New Nike Driver Won thegolfspace.com Callaway Irons & Shoes won in a online Fantasy Game,!, Putter bought at Salvation Army 1.99. Sand Wedge Free. Fairway Drivers Salvation Army 5.00 ...Overall cost 6.99 for everything.

Lots of chemicals sprayed on that grass to keep it growing and green. I would not want it on bare skin for any amount of time or be responsible for letting anyone do so. You never know whose allergies will react badly to that soup.

Shambles

Lots of chemicals sprayed on that grass to keep it growing and green. I would not want it on bare skin for any amount of time or be responsible for letting anyone do so. You never know whose allergies will react badly to that soup.

Shambles

Better wear gloves to pick up your ball... ya gotta be kidding lol. Its the best grass ever ...smooth ..thick like a carpet... which reminds me of the lovers on the green story... next week :)

Titliest 910 5 Wood

No Name Sand Wedge

Putter - Tour Select\

Special Note: New Nike Driver Won thegolfspace.com Callaway Irons & Shoes won in a online Fantasy Game,!, Putter bought at Salvation Army 1.99. Sand Wedge Free. Fairway Drivers Salvation Army 5.00 ...Overall cost 6.99 for everything.

Shambles

I remember a news story a few years ago where a golfer put his tee in his mouth and after falling ill had both legs amputated from the infection caused by the fertilizer used on the course.

AJ

WITB

Driver: Ping G25

FW: TM RBZ

Irons: Miura 57 Series w/KBS C-Taper

Wedges: Vokey SM4 52-08,56-12,60-04

Putter: Watch This Space

Ball: SRixon Z Star

Other: Tourstriker 7i

"Go Hard or Go Home"

"Do or Do Not. There is NO "TRY"

"Be normal, and the crowd will accept you. Be deranged, and they will make you their leader"

"I don't fail. I succeed at finding what doesn't work"

I remember a news story a few years ago where a golfer put his tee in his mouth and after falling ill had both legs amputated from the infection caused by the fertilizer used on the course.

AJ

Jeepers! That's no good at all!

AJ

Crap! I do that all the time!!! :blink:

Crap! I do that all the time!!! :blink:

Yeah so did I until I saw the story. I think it was in the UK.

AJ

WITB

"Go Hard or Go Home"

"Be normal, and the crowd will accept you. Be deranged, and they will make you their leader"

AJ

I think that's an old wives tail... Right there with masturbation causing you to go blind!

I could see back in the day when they sprayed mercury all over the courses that's been outlawed for years!

I think that's an old wives tail... Right there with masturbation causing you to go blind!

I could see back in the day when they sprayed mercury all over the courses that's been outlawed for years!

Was about 15 years ago and was an legit news item in the newspaper.

AJ

WITB

"Go Hard or Go Home"

Well since I work on a golf course I do know they still use Killex only once through the year for dandelion control and many are now going to a grape juice type control with nitrogen so I for one would feel very safe about holding a T in my mouth. In our country all chemicals that could be harmful to humans have been banned ... so grape juice with nitrogen is not going to hurt you... lol The duty gooders are now after Killex even though its only done once in the year. Mind you I found out they still do control grub control on the greens not sure what they use.

Anyway you guys crack me up ... next the Lovers....

Titliest 910 5 Wood

No Name Sand Wedge

Putter - Tour Select\

AJ

It's going to be really difficult to type this out without some serious "THAT'S WHAT SHE SAID" moments, but here goes.

First time I went golfing with a new friend last year I was completely baffled when I saw him spit his golf ball out (yes, out of his mouth) at the tee box one hole.

Assuming I had just looked at the wrong time, and that he had just spit on it or something to clean it, I carried on without saying anything.

2 holes later... I actually see him put the golf ball in his mouth as he leaves the green and walks to the next tee box.

When I asked what the hell he was doing, he said he's done it his whole life and has never gotten sick from it, so how bad could it be??

Now I'll spit on the ball to clean it before I putt, but my god... I couldn't get over that.

Driver: Ping G25 9.5° TFC Tour X-stiff w/New Decade Multicompound Whiteout/Red

Fairway Wood: 3w Tour Edge Exotics CB4 Tour 13° Aldila RIP X-stiff w/New Decade Multicompound Black/Red

Hybrid: 3h Tour Edge Exotics CB4 Tour 19° Aldila RIP X-stiff w/New Decade Multicompound Black/Red

Irons: Cobra Amp Cell Pro's 4i-PW KBS C-Taper X-stiff + 1/2" w/New Decade Multicompound Whiteout/Black

Wedges: Titleist Vokey SM4's 50°, 54°, 58° DG S300's +1/2" w/New Decade Multicompound Whitout/Black

Putter: Nike Method 001 34" w/SuperStroke Mid-Slim White/Red

Ball: Titleist Pro-V1x

What always makes me laugh is the Marshall that drives by....barely slowing down.....and tells you to pick up the pace as you are waiting....yet again....for the group ahead of you to hit their second shots.

MENTOR, L4 COACH & TRAINER  FIRST TEE GREATER HOUSTON
HDCP: 8.3  (GHIN: 3143312)
In my bag, April 2023
:titelist-small: TS3 Driver & 4 Wood Hzrdous Smoke Shaft (Stiff Flex)
:titelist-small: TS2 Hybrids  Mitsubishi Tensei Shaft (Stiff Flex)
:mizuno-small:  MP-59 5-PW; KBS Tour (Regular Flex)
:titelist-small: SM8 Wedges

EVNROLL ER2  Putter
SRIXON Z-STAR DIAMOND BALL
Sun Mountain Cart Bag
:Clicgear: 4.0 Push Cart (I'm walking 9 outta 10 rounds!!)

What always makes me laugh is the Marshall that drives by....barely slowing down.....and tells you to pick up the pace as you are waiting....yet again....for the group ahead of you to hit their second shots.

Gee I've done worse... I usually color code golfers so that I can track their time and one day had blue/white/red/grey 2 men 2 females walking... and I had track one such group who were very slow and I screwed up because of lack of attention and rolled up to the same combination colors and accused them of holding the whole course ... yep ... wrong color group ..there were wearing all the same colors of the group I had been tracking... man was I embarrased and was the guy ever upset cause the wife wanted to quit ...anyway a real screw up day. I must have apologized to that guy several times during his round ... Now I make sure to add other qualifiers such as hats, shorts ....etc... never going to that again. One thing a Marshall really wants to do is for folks to enjoy their round of golf not screw it up on them. Well that's my motto anyway.

Titliest 910 5 Wood

No Name Sand Wedge

Putter - Tour Select\

Can you use bigger text please???

In the bag:
Driver:cobra-small: Darkspeed X 9°  UST Mamiya LIN-Q M40X Blue 7F4
Fairway: :callaway-logo-1: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:callaway-logo-1: Fairway 14 stand bag
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Tour

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

Lover's Lane

We have a long par 5- 606 yards from the white/blue. It starts with about 150 yards climb at 20 degrees to a middle plateau, you can't even see the flag for quite some time. It takes the average Weekend Warrior about 3 shots just to get to the 200 mark..and that's where my story starts. Very early one weekend morning, I was coming up behind a Mr and Mrs Joe who takes the wifes out for golf, when one of the ladies starts waving at me francticly.... "Theirs' someone dead on the green"! ...now being about at the 250 yard marker ... its a little difficult to see as the green is surrounded by Pine trees in a half circle which then cast a large shadow on the green. One part though is sunny and as my eyes start adjusting to see this dead person .. I catch a climps of one half leg coming up ... squint squint look again as I francticly start driving towards the green and hole and behold two teenagers sucking lips, lying on the ground with him more or less on top ..totally oblivious to the world outside, of course his concentration was on the task at hand ...a hole in one I assume.

As I get closer they are lying on a mound about a foot from the green totally oblivious. I notice they have bikes and as there is a bike lane nearby ..well what better way to take a break on nice cushion type grass and of course it leads to smouching and well not sure where his hands were.

"Hi there!" .. oopps... its like they never saw me coming he jumped up so quickly I just had to laugh .. "What are you two doing?, are you not aware that this is a golf course and people over there are about to hit golf balls in your direction" In looking at both their faces ...somewhat beat red and totally baffle by my presence and of course the guy is a little annoyed ...I could just hear his thought's "I was just about to get a hole in one! why are you buggin us" Anyway real fast they hop on their bike's and away they went.

A True Story .. By Marshall Sacapooh a.k.a Saccers, Sacs, Sacswacsatit

Next Story ... Lights out for the Marshall.

Titliest 910 5 Wood

No Name Sand Wedge

Putter - Tour Select\

I love this thread !

In custom James Stewart golfbag:
Ping Tour-S Rustique 60/TS & 55/13 / Ping CFS Stiff / Ping ID8
Ping i20 4-PW+UW / Ping CFS Stiff / Ping ID8
Ping G15 2H 17° & driver 9° / stiff aldila serrano / ping 703
Odyssey White Hot XG 2-Ball / 33" / 2°up
Srixon AD333 - Oakley Flack Jacket XLJ G30

• 1 month later...

Lights out for the Marshall.

Well this is not a feel good story. Its a sad reflection for the reality of some of our youth and lack of respect shown on a golf course.

A fellow Marshall was working late at this course whereas the Pro Shop would close at 6:00 p.m. and leave the Marshall in charge of storing the Golf Carts.

It was late one evening the Marshall somewhat anxious to wanting to call it a night and there was only one golfer left on the course so he went to find him and see what was taking so long and the client was playing two or three balls. The Marshall requested him to please play only one ball and bring in the cart .. of course a verbal argument occurred with I paid my fee I can play as I want attitude, who cares if its late ... and so the Marshall gave up but did call the client a name as he walk away to his cart, and just as he turned to sit down the client had walked behind him and nailed him one and knock him out. And there the Marshall lay for quite some time. He woke up to find total darkness.

The client was never found nor did they have the correct records to trace him. You see on some second rate golf courses its more important to make money rather than keep good records .. no security cameras, no staff ...just one poor Marshall working for barter for free golf as he can't afford to pay for golf. This fellow's season was lost as the Marshall was a senior and well he ended up with some complications because of the concussion.

Sure you can say he was probably at fault for being a grumpy old man and tried to assert his authority a little too verbally, but I for one know if you don't approach some youth with a stern look or at least some semblance of authority today you will easily get a F... You or a totally disrespectful argument about I paid my fee and I will do what I want. I must get this attitude almost every weekend I work ... the weekend stress out golf warrior who's had 3 Coors Light by hole number 5 and just waiting for anyone to tell him what he can or cant' do is ... a sad truth of golf etiquette no longer being entrench by golf courses or should I say greedy golf Owners who let clients do what ever they want. Sure you don't have this happening on posh golf courses but you would surprised as too what happens on low end golf course. So please if you do meet an old guy who's the Marshall and comes at you a little strong just remember he's scared and only doing this job because he can't afford to pay for golf and he's probably encountered many disrespectful weekend warriors and has to establish his authority early.

Being a Marshall is fun you do meet a lot of nice people ...but then that one obnoxious weekend warrior who's had one too many beers and looking to challenge or blame the world for all his problems just might be the next guy you come up to and as you request he move a little faster it suddenly no longer a fun job.

A True Story .. By Marshall Sacapooh a.k.a Saccers, Sacs, Sacswacsatit

Next Story ... The Marshall Effect.

Titliest 910 5 Wood

No Name Sand Wedge

Putter - Tour Select\

Archived