Testers Wanted! Callaway Ai Smoke Drivers & AutoFlex Dream 7 Driver Shafts ×

Difference between AAAAA/1st quality and AAAA/2nd quality balls?

Just wondering if anyone had experience ordering 2nd quality recycled golf balls and how they compared to 1st quality? Should I avoid them? I may lose 1 ball a round, 2 tops usually unless the rough is really overgrown.

I ask because 2nd quality ProV1x balls are on sale right now for $60 for 50 balls and I like that price, but don't want to sacrifice quality. Thanks.

Which place are you looking at WD?

When I get mine from Lostgolfballs.com, the difference between 5A's and 4A's isn't much for most of the balls. It generally means that in 4A's I get more logo'ed balls and out of 50, 3 might be shag bag worn while the rest go into play, while 5A's look like they're brand new.

I laught at your claims to fight a zombie apocalypse when most of you can't stand up to a Spider

Which place are you looking at WD?

When I get mine from Lostgolfballs.com, the difference between 5A's and 4A's isn't much for most of the balls. It generally means that in 4A's I get more logo'ed balls and out of 50, 3 might be shag bag worn while the rest go into play, while 5A's look like they're brand new.

Lostgolfballs.com. If that's the case, I'll just grab the 4A balls at that price. Thanks

I'm really picky and I only go with the 5A. I got 4A once and it seemed like most of the balls had little scuffs or groove marks. I go with 5A because they have always been like new other than logos or pen marks.

It's all about the short game, unless you can't keep it in play!

What's in my Bag:
Driver: Adams Speedline Super LS 10.5 with Excalibur T7+ tour stiff shaft
3 Wood: Adams Speedline Super LS 13 degree with Excalibur TFW Tour stiff shaft
Hybrid: Nickent 6DT 19 degree Aldilla Voodoo NV Stiff shaft
Irons: 4-9 KZG Tour Evolution with Nippon N.S. Pro Modus 3 tour 120 x flex shafts
Wedges:49 degree Dave Pelz wedge with a Nippon N.S. Pro Modus tour 120 x flex shaft. 54,64 Dave Pelz wedges with Rifle spinner shafts 59 Degree Scor wedge with rifle spinner shaft.
Putter: Bentinardi Ben Hogan Big Ben Center shafted 33 inches with best grips custom pistol putter grip.

Ball: Titleist Pro V1X, Callaway Hex Chrome +

Yet another useful tip from the MGS community!

50 AAAAA Pro-V1's for me and 50 "colored" balls for the lady for $100?!

That's brilliant... Thanks for the link Super Tuna!

Driver: Ping G25 9.5° TFC Tour X-stiff w/New Decade Multicompound Whiteout/Red

Fairway Wood: 3w Tour Edge Exotics CB4 Tour 13° Aldila RIP X-stiff w/New Decade Multicompound Black/Red

Hybrid: 3h Tour Edge Exotics CB4 Tour 19° Aldila RIP X-stiff w/New Decade Multicompound Black/Red

Irons: Cobra Amp Cell Pro's 4i-PW KBS C-Taper X-stiff + 1/2" w/New Decade Multicompound Whiteout/Black

Wedges: Titleist Vokey SM4's 50°, 54°, 58° DG S300's +1/2" w/New Decade Multicompound Whitout/Black

Putter: Nike Method 001 34" w/SuperStroke Mid-Slim White/Red

Ball: Titleist Pro-V1x

WD have you ever played a full round with one ball? If so, could you tell the difference at the end of the round than the beginning of the round?

I tend to believe that my game varies more than the difference between a 4A and 5A. We are not talking refurbished balls just recycled.

I play recycled all the time. Perhaps if I am playing for high stakes (championship-big tourney etc. ) I may want new balls or fresh balls but I seriously doubt it makes any difference.

:ping-small: G430LST 10.5° on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Driver 

:ping-small: G430MAX 3w  on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Fairway 

:ping-small: G425 3H on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Hybrid 

:ping-small: G425 4H on :kbs: TGH 80S 

:ping-small: i525 5-U on :kbs: TGI 90S 

:titleist-small: SM8 54 & 60 on :kbs: Wedge 

:L.A.B.:DF2.1 on :accra: White

:titelist-small: ProV1  

:918457628_PrecisionPro: Precision Pro  NX7 Pro

All Iron grips are BestGrips Micro-Perforated Mid

WD have you ever played a full round with one ball? If so, could you tell the difference at the end of the round than the beginning of the round?

I tend to believe that my game varies more than the difference between a 4A and 5A. We are not talking refurbished balls just recycled.

I play recycled all the time. Perhaps if I am playing for high stakes (championship-big tourney etc. ) I may want new balls or fresh balls but I seriously doubt it makes any difference.

Good point, I've played the same ball several rounds and really didn't care. I don't tend to hold onto them long enough that they are completely worn out :)

Just got shipping confirmation from Lostgolfballs, definitely feel $60 for 50 2012 ProV1x balls is a great deal, so even if they're a bit scuffed I'm ok with it.

Yet another useful tip from the MGS community!

50 AAAAA Pro-V1's for me and 50 "colored" balls for the lady for $100?!

That's brilliant... Thanks for the link Super Tuna!

I'm glad you found them and found a deal mate!

I've been using them for a few years and even though shipping to Canada is pricey, the value and quality is still there. I've been really happy so like to give them the nod whenever this subject comes up.

As they say, every ball is used once it's been hit once. I'd swear a lot of the balls I get from them haven't even seen that.

I laught at your claims to fight a zombie apocalypse when most of you can't stand up to a Spider

My balls arrived today. I grabbed a handful of them and them and they definitely would not be confused with 5A balls. The 5A ones I had ordered before looked nearly perfect.

Rick's description matched them best, these look like they were used for at least 9 holes. For the price, I don't mind, but thought I'd share to clarify this with everyone.

I think it really does depend on the recycler you buy from, I've tried a few different vendors and now that I've started buying from lost golf balls, I find their 2nd tier balls are better than some of the top tier balls I've gotten other places. I'm not a tournament player and the course I play every Tuesday has VERY long, thick rough, so I'm more likely to lose a ball I see land in it than I am to lose one in a hazard! For my needs, the 2nd tier balls work well and I haven't had any come from lost golf balls that were scuffed up, which I've had from "K-Balls" ;)

What's In the Bag

Driver - :callaway-small: GBB 

Hybrids  :cleveland-small: Halo XL Halo 18* & :cobra-small: T-Rail 20*

Irons  :cobra-small: T-Rail 2.0

Wedges :ping-small: 60* TS / SCOR 48* 53* 58*

Putter     :scotty-small:

Ball :callaway-logo-1:

Bag Datrek DG Lite  

Wow

I had no idea everyone used recycled balls!!!! I only play new balls and will only play new balls. The golf ball is the MOST important piece of equipment you can buy so I wouldn't go cheap on them. Well, unless you're a beginner or can't break an egg. Then yea you should play whatever's cheapest.

Here's the difference between 4A (left) and 5A (right). Doubt I'll ever order 4A again. The 5A look practically new minus a minor scuff if they have that. Most are just logo balls. The 4A balls are all scuffed. I couldn't find a single ball that wasn't.

For all the balls, I tried to show the worst part of the ball. Some of the 4A balls were worn at the edges of the dimples. The image doesn't do justice to just how scuffed some of the 4A balls are.

20130605_090310.jpg

Archived