Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

loose ferrules

I have a set of cobra amps with the graphite shaft and the ferrules on my 5 and 6 iron have come loose. The pro shop says they can fix them for around 10$ a piece. Just wondering how they will fix them and if its something I can do myself to save some chedder. I'm sure I'm not the first to post this topic but I figured this was quicker than scrolling. Thanks for all the advice, the people in here have been amazing helping me out

For $10 a pop they're probably going to pull the head and replace the ferrule I hope...

Or you can just add some epoxy between the head and ferrule, squeeze them together, wipe off the excess epoxy, and wait for it to dry. Will cost $6 and you'll have plenty of epoxy left over.

They're gonna slide them up higher, maybe prep the shafts more and then smear epoxy on there on the newly prepped area and then reseat them. You could do it that way or simply just put a few dabs of superglue around the top of the hosel, slide them down and seat them and they'll be good to go. No need to go paying them to do something that takes maybe 5 minutes to do for a full set.

In The Bag
Driver: TaylorMade M2 (2017) w/ Project X T1100 HZRDUS Handcrafted 65x 
Strong 3 wood: Taylormade M1 15* w/ ProjectX T1100 HZRDUS handcrafted 75x
3 Hybrid: Adams PRO 18* w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4 Hybrid: Adams PRO 20* (bent to 21*) w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4-AW: TaylorMade P770 w/ Dynamic Gold Tour Issue Black Onyx S400

SW: 56* Scratch Tour Dept(CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
LW: 60* Scratch Tour Department (CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
XW: 64* Cally XForged Vintage w/ DG X100 8 iron tiger stepped
Putter: Nike Method Prototype 006 at 34"

Have a ton of back-ups in all categories, but there are always 14 clubs in the bag that differ depending on the course and set-up. Bomb and gouge. Yes, I'm a club gigolo.

Archived