Sign in to follow this  
glfballwacker

loose ferrules

I have a set of cobra amps with the graphite shaft and the ferrules on my 5 and 6 iron have come loose. The pro shop says they can fix them for around 10$ a piece. Just wondering how they will fix them and if its something I can do myself to save some chedder. I'm sure I'm not the first to post this topic but I figured this was quicker than scrolling. Thanks for all the advice, the people in here have been amazing helping me out

For $10 a pop they're probably going to pull the head and replace the ferrule I hope...

Or you can just add some epoxy between the head and ferrule, squeeze them together, wipe off the excess epoxy, and wait for it to dry. Will cost $6 and you'll have plenty of epoxy left over.

They're gonna slide them up higher, maybe prep the shafts more and then smear epoxy on there on the newly prepped area and then reseat them. You could do it that way or simply just put a few dabs of superglue around the top of the hosel, slide them down and seat them and they'll be good to go. No need to go paying them to do something that takes maybe 5 minutes to do for a full set.

thanks guys that's kind of what I figured. I will give it a try tonight, again I appreciate the help ya'll are very knowledgeable

Well I didn't have time to try to repair them last night but the good news is my new cobra amp cell pros should be here Monday so the other ones will get plenty of chance to dry