Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

Covert Tour Hybrid Question

For those of you who have the tour hybrid I have a question on the loft adjustment.

My game doesn't allow for anything higher than 21*,so a 22* and and 25* would be just about right. But with the Covert Tour, that is the same 4H- just adjusted differently.

So given that that its the same shaft length, is anyone using the 4H in this way, and do you see a real difference in the distance and height when switching between the lofts? I frankly love the idea of the shafts being the same length so I can just grove in a single swing for them.

I was able to try the Covert line this weekend, and came away unimpressed with everything except these tour hybrids. Sadly the place I tried them had only one set for 23* and no wrench, but I really liked swinging it.

If I buy two of these, set one for 22 and the other for 25- should I expect to get +/-20 yards difference out of them?

In Play

Driver: Cleveland Classic XL Custom 9.5*, Woods: Cobra Baffler T-Rail 5W, 7W, Hybrids:Callaway FTiz 27* Irons: Maruman Shuttle 7-S, Wedge: Cleveland Niblick 49*, Callaway Jaws CC 60*, Putter: Ping Scottsdale Wolverine

Warming the bench

Cleveland Classic 12*, Ping Rapture V2 10.5*, Ping K15 5, 7, Ping Rapture V2 6-S, Bobby Jones H3-H6, Cleveland Classic BRZ

You can use the TM wrench on the Nike stuff, I bet they have one of those.

ummm... yeah. That was pretty random.

In Play

Driver: Cleveland Classic XL Custom 9.5*, Woods: Cobra Baffler T-Rail 5W, 7W, Hybrids:Callaway FTiz 27* Irons: Maruman Shuttle 7-S, Wedge: Cleveland Niblick 49*, Callaway Jaws CC 60*, Putter: Ping Scottsdale Wolverine

Warming the bench

Cleveland Classic 12*, Ping Rapture V2 10.5*, Ping K15 5, 7, Ping Rapture V2 6-S, Bobby Jones H3-H6, Cleveland Classic BRZ

ummm... yeah. That was pretty random.

Point was that you can try adjusting the Covert hybrids with a non-Nike wrench. I haven't tried the hybrids, si I can't comment on the performance, but really this is a question only you can answer by hitting the clubs with the adjustments you want.

IMO, I would prefer buying a 3 and 4 and jack up the loft on the 3. I'm not sure off hand the range of loft of the 3, but I wouldn't get bogged down over 1 or 2 degrees. With two different hybrids you'll have a greater overall range of loft and can adapt as your game changes.

Point was that you can try adjusting the Covert hybrids with a non-Nike wrench. I haven't tried the hybrids, si I can't comment on the performance, but really this is a question only you can answer by hitting the clubs with the adjustments you want.

IMO, I would prefer buying a 3 and 4 and jack up the loft on the 3. I'm not sure off hand the range of loft of the 3, but I wouldn't get bogged down over 1 or 2 degrees. With two different hybrids you'll have a greater overall range of loft and can adapt as your game changes.

Ah, I see. The place that had the club. Yes I suppose I could try to go back and find a wrench. But its hard to judge from a few swings in a bay without any monitors.

I guess the thing I am looking at is that currently I hit my 24* hybrid about 15-20 yards further than my 27*. So a 3* difference = about 20 yards. But some of that is due to the shaft on the 24* being longer. If they were the same length shaft then what would the distance difference be? 3*=10 yards maybe? Less?

The Nike 4 goes from 21-25, a spread of 4 degrees and the shaft is 1/2 a inch more than my current 24*. So set at 25* I should get pretty close to the same distance as my current 4H. But what happens when I set it at 21 or 22? Will distance go up by 10-20 yards, or will it mostly change the ball flight and keep the same distance with maybe a bit more roll. If the answer is ball flight then I would look at getting the 3H and set that at the 21* max. If the answer is distance then I would get two 4's with identical shafts and use them because I can use a more consistent swing/stance using the same shaft.

Make sense?

In Play

Warming the bench

Archived