KBS Introduces C-Taper Lite

Yesterday, I received an email from KBS announcing the C-Taper Lite. Having loved the C-Taper (even though it didn't fit me), I was very intrigued. As it turns out the Lite will slot into the KBS fitting system not next to the original C-Taper, but between the KBS Tour and the KBS Tour 90. It also weighs in around 10-15 grams less than the C-Taper or KBS Tour.

The C-Taper Lite will be available starting July 8th, but if you check out the press release, you can find a contest to win a set on facebook.

Here's the press release and specs:

BOULDER, Colo. (June 5th, 2013) Today, KBS Golf Shafts announced an all-new shaft, the C-TAPER LITE. Providing golfers with a mid-high trajectory and spin control in a light weight package, this new offering compliments the already popular line of KBS iron shafts.

KBS has seen an incredible demand from the golf market since the C-TAPER's introduction in 2011. With this popularity, golfers from various swing types have requested a lighter version of the C-TAPER. In addition, the KBS R&D team has seen a growing number of players that fit into a mid-high trajectory and controlled spin shaft. Today, KBS has delivered with the C-TAPER LITE shaft.

The C-TAPER LITE iron shaft incorporates proven KBS performance benefits - piercing trajectory and smooth feel - in a lighter weight design. The firm tip and stiff butt sections produce a mid-high trajectory and controlled spin. Featuring a constant taper design and proportionate wall thickness, the C-TAPER LITE maximizes energy transfer for maximum distance. As a result, an average of 5 yards increased distance was seen during robot testing. The C-TAPER LITE comes with the signature KBS brushed satin finish available in three flexes: R-110g, S-115g, and X-115g.

C-TAPER LITE Release

Pre-order now though authorized KBS dealers

Shipping to customers July 8th

Sweepstakes: "30 sets in 30 days" now on KBS Facebook page

"The C-TAPER LITE is an exciting offering for KBS. With the success of the C-TAPER shaft, we have seen a growing demand from golfers of all skill levels who want to see the C-TAPER performance benefits but cannot fully maximize the shaft. With the C-TAPER LITE, we are giving these golfers a terrific option to gain distance and reduce spin for improved accuracy. Our team has been testing this shaft since early 2012 and today we are excited to bring it to market." said Kim Braly, Director of R&D and PGA TOUR Operations at KBS Golf Shafts.

About KBS Golf Shafts

Today, KBS is the most innovative and fastest growing steel shaft brand in the industry. Since introduction in 2008, over 120 professionals across the PGA, European, and Web.com Tours trust KBS shafts. That number is highlighted by 10 of Top 50 players in Official World Rankings. KBS shafts incorporate unique and advanced shaft designs to provide golfers the maximum feel and performance.

Headquartered in Boulder, Colorado, KBS is manufactured in partnership with FEMCO Steel Technology (FST). Introduced in 2008, the KBS product line focuses on four shaft models; Tour, Tour 90, C-Taper and C-Taper Lite. KBS is currently available through all major golf club manufacturers as stock or custom options. Also, KBS has a large network of dealers, online and in-person, for custom fitting, ordering, and building.

post-4-13704699055001.jpg

post-4-137046931668.jpg

post-4-13704693178944.jpg

Follow me on Twitter: @MattSaternus

I wonder what the price of these will be

Driver:   :callaway-small: Epic 10.5 set to 9.5 w/ Tour AD-DI 44.5

FW:   :cobra-small: F6 baffler set at 16º

Hybrid:  NONE
Irons:   :taylormade-small:  3i 2014 TP CB  4-PW 2011 TP MC w/ TT S400

Wedges:   :nike-small: 52º :nike-small: 56º  :edel-golf-1: 60 º w/ KBS C-Taper XS Soft-stepped

Putter:   :ping-small: Sigma G Tyne 34 inches Gold dot

Archived