Testers Wanted! AutoFlex Dream 7 Driver Shafts ×

Is it weird to like a really heavy swing weight?

I just put together what I am calling the franken hybrid. I took an Aldilla NV 65 driver shaft Cut it down to 3 wood length, put a Taylor Made Rescue tip on it and an oversize Lamkin crossline and put my Rocketballz Stage 2 Tour hybrid cranked down to 17 degrees. It is obviously really heavy because of the extra long shaft. I haven't swing weighted it but it's gotta be really heavy but, I knocked the crap out of it. It went higher than my three wood and flew just as far if not farther. It is going to be my new three wood. I also have a 64 degree wedge that I put a crap ton of lead tape on. I have people ask to see it after I get up and down out of a trash can for the third time in the round and they always freak out when they feel how heavy it is. I love it. I feel like it is impossible to yip it. I am getting my irons reshafted, and when I do I am going to ask them to swing weight them very heavy. I am thinking at least D5 if not heavier. Are there any drawbacks to doing this? How much swing weight is too much?

It's all about the short game, unless you can't keep it in play!

What's in my Bag:
Driver: Adams Speedline Super LS 10.5 with Excalibur T7+ tour stiff shaft
3 Wood: Adams Speedline Super LS 13 degree with Excalibur TFW Tour stiff shaft
Hybrid: Nickent 6DT 19 degree Aldilla Voodoo NV Stiff shaft
Irons: 4-9 KZG Tour Evolution with Nippon N.S. Pro Modus 3 tour 120 x flex shafts
Wedges:49 degree Dave Pelz wedge with a Nippon N.S. Pro Modus tour 120 x flex shaft. 54,64 Dave Pelz wedges with Rifle spinner shafts 59 Degree Scor wedge with rifle spinner shaft.
Putter: Bentinardi Ben Hogan Big Ben Center shafted 33 inches with best grips custom pistol putter grip.

Ball: Titleist Pro V1X, Callaway Hex Chrome +

That makes me feel a little more validated. Not that I've ever been one to care what other people think.

It's all about the short game, unless you can't keep it in play!

What's in my Bag:
Driver: Adams Speedline Super LS 10.5 with Excalibur T7+ tour stiff shaft
3 Wood: Adams Speedline Super LS 13 degree with Excalibur TFW Tour stiff shaft
Hybrid: Nickent 6DT 19 degree Aldilla Voodoo NV Stiff shaft
Irons: 4-9 KZG Tour Evolution with Nippon N.S. Pro Modus 3 tour 120 x flex shafts
Wedges:49 degree Dave Pelz wedge with a Nippon N.S. Pro Modus tour 120 x flex shaft. 54,64 Dave Pelz wedges with Rifle spinner shafts 59 Degree Scor wedge with rifle spinner shaft.
Putter: Bentinardi Ben Hogan Big Ben Center shafted 33 inches with best grips custom pistol putter grip.

Ball: Titleist Pro V1X, Callaway Hex Chrome +

D5 here for all my irons and wedges. I find heavier weighted clubs are easier for me to control.

Driver: :taylormade-small: SLDR w/ Fujikura Ventus Black

3w: :taylormade-small:'16 M2 hl w/ Diamana D+ 82

5w: :cleveland-small: Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Yellow

Hybrid: :cleveland-small: 22 deg. Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Black

Irons: :cleveland-small: 5i - gap Launcher CBX w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Wedges: :cleveland-small: 54 CBX & 58 Zipcore w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Putter: :odyssey-small: Red 7s

I suspect this may explain why I was striking the mp-37s so much better than I expected yesterday. I just completed my swing and let the club "do the work."

What's In the Bag

Driver - :callaway-small: GBB 

Hybrids  :cleveland-small: Halo XL Halo 18* & :cobra-small: T-Rail 20*

Irons  :cobra-small: T-Rail 2.0

Wedges :ping-small: 60* TS / SCOR 48* 53* 58*

Putter     :scotty-small:

Ball :callaway-logo-1:

Bag Datrek DG Lite  

• 2 months later...

D5 here for all my irons and wedges. I find heavier weighted clubs are easier for me to control.

I feel the same way about the woods also. If I cannot feel the driver head when I swing it, I won't swing it. I do not like the lighter clubs at all.

Joe

I like my clubs to be on the heavy swingweight and/or heavy club weight.

I like it because it is easier to let the club do the work, instead of trying to muscle it.

Driver: Snake Eye 9.5* Python XLD w/ AXE FW Regular, tipped 1"

4 Wood: Bridgestone J40 with AXE FW Stiff

Hybrid 19*, Acer XF, FST 115 Pro, stiff

Hybrid 25*, Bobby Jones, stock shaft, stiff

Irons 4-6: Tommy Armour, 845c silverback forged, R300

Irons 7-P: Tommy Armour, 845m Silverback forged, S300

Wedges: 56* Eidolon; 60* Mizuno

Putter: SC - Monterey 35", stock weight

Balls: B-Stone B330RX-S

Archived