Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

Classic Bubba

gkatshoots69

I haven't been around much lately but I to check back in this morning thanks to Bubba... As most of you know I'm not much of a Bubba Watson fan so after watching him choke Sunday at the Travelers (ha!) and then blaming his caddy for poor yardages and club selection it just confirmed everything I think about him. I know it was probably all said within the heat of the moment and he'd take it back if he could but the poor caddy, I can't imagine he would give him yardages that were off by more than a yard or two. Hit a normal shot Bubba and you might have walked away with a 4.

Congrats though to Ken Duke, the guy played great golf Sunday especially in the playoff. A well deserved win for the tour vet!

http://deadspin.com/even-bubba-watson-can-be-a-petulant-jerk-555635523

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/golf-devil-ball-golf/bubba-watson-goes-off-caddy-tournament-slips-grasp-025122612.html

Driver: Ping G410 10.5* w/Hazrdus Blk 6.0 (S)

Fairway W: Ping G400 3 Wood w/stock (S)

Hybrid: Taylormade Gapr Lo 3 w/stock (S)

Irons:  Ping i210 4-PW w/Dynamic Gold 120 (S)

Wedges: Callaway Jaws 48, 52, 56 w/Dynamic Gold 120 (S)

Putter: Odyssey 3T

Ball: Taylormade TP5 X 

Thanks for posting the link, I hadn't seen it until just now. While I'm not defending bubba (not a fan) or ANY negative comment like that toward a caddie, all of the twitter hubbub yesterday led me to expect a lot more than that.

Me too.

If that's the most irate a man gets he's doing pretty good.

MENTOR, L4 COACH & TRAINER  FIRST TEE GREATER HOUSTON
HDCP: 8.3  (GHIN: 3143312)
In my bag, April 2023
:titelist-small: TS3 Driver & 4 Wood Hzrdous Smoke Shaft (Stiff Flex)
:titelist-small: TS2 Hybrids  Mitsubishi Tensei Shaft (Stiff Flex)
:mizuno-small:  MP-59 5-PW; KBS Tour (Regular Flex)
:titelist-small: SM8 Wedges

EVNROLL ER2  Putter
SRIXON Z-STAR DIAMOND BALL
Sun Mountain Cart Bag
:Clicgear: 4.0 Push Cart (I'm walking 9 outta 10 rounds!!)

Bubba showed his true colors yesterday and confirmed everything that I already thought about him.

"I suppose its better to be a master of 7 than to be vaguely familiar with 14." - Chick Evans

Whats in my Sun Mountain 2.5+ stand bag?

Woods: Tommy Armour Atomic 10.5* 

Hybrid: Mizuno MP Fli-Hi 3H

Irons: Mizuno T-Zoid True 5, 7 and 9-irons

Wedge: Mizuno S18 54* and Top Flite chipper

Putter: Mizuno Bettinardi A-02

Ball: Maxfli Tour X

The first shot into the lake was a mistake, why does bubba always have to hit draws and cuts with such short clubs? But the second which went over the green - well does he expect the caddie to let him risk dumping it in the water again?

I've no idea if his bag man persuaded him to take a club less, more or whatever - but they are there to advise only, its your shout if your the man who pockets 90%+ of the winnings.

Rest in peace long sticks - I'll remember you

TM Burner Superfast 2.0 TP Regular

TM RBZ Stage 2 Fairway 14.5 stiff

Adams Blue Hybrid No. 3 stiff

Adams Super xtdHybrid 21.5 Stiff

Ping G30 4 and 5 Iron - Regular CFS Shaft

Ping i25 6 - PW Regular CFS Shaft

TM Y Groove Gap Wedge

Cleveland CG10 Sand Wedge

PingTR Piper Putter, adjustable shaft, SuperStroke Fatso

Titleist StaDry Cart Bag

Motocaddy S3 Pro Trolley

Foot Joy City, Adidas Boost Boa and Adidas Superstar shoes

Pro V1x in the summer, Titleist Velocity in the winter.

What a jerk, not a fan especially after that

Callaway razr x tour 5-pw

titleist 585h 24 &21 hybrid

Heavy wedge 52 gap wedge

Nike sv sand and lob wedge

Callaway Diablo Octane tour Driver

Adams F 11 3 wood

Seemore ci2 or Bettinardi studio stock 2

I recorded this yesterday, and did not read this thread, or anything on the news about this. I saw the Bubba "meltdown" and was expecting something. I thought he would have blown a four or five shot lead, or whacked his caddy upside the head or something noteworthy.

I actually had seen something about he blamed his caddy for his meltdown. So I was watching and saw the ball go into the water. So I thought this is it. He said it was in the water and it was not the right club. He was obviously upset then, and hit the next shot too hard. And did blow the hole, and was mad at himself and his caddy at the time, but he did nothing horrible. They did not show the conversation before he hit the ball in the water so we do not know the whole story.

But I did find this on the internet.

Bubba said, “Water. It's in the water. That club.".....

According to USA Today

Watson and his caddy, Ted Scott, did talk to the media after the tournament and Scott said he talked Watson into using the wrong club and took total responsibility for Watson's side show starting on the 16th hole.

What the heck constitutes a meltdown for you people? Or is it just when it is someone you do not like it is a meltdown?

I admit that I considered Sergio a meltdown of sorts at the Players, but that was when he hit two in the water on 17 and then another on 18. That was a meltdown because it took place over two holes.

Ken Duke made a spectacular shot on the second playoff hole to win. That should be the focus of all the talk this week. Bubba made a poor shot and rightly or wrongly told his caddy that he gave him the wrong club while on the course. He did not say in a press conference that his caddy cost him the tournament.

Looks to me like people who do not like someone will find any excuse to justify their feelings. If that is a freaking meltdown, I hate to see what you all say about some of the antics I have seen on the course when a lot less was on the line.

:ping-small: G430LST 10.5° on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Driver 

:ping-small: G430MAX 3w  on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Fairway 

:ping-small: G425 3H on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Hybrid 

:ping-small: G425 4H on :kbs: TGH 80S 

:ping-small: i525 5-U on :kbs: TGI 90S 

:titleist-small: SM8 54 & 60 on :kbs: Wedge 

:L.A.B.:DF2.1 on :accra: White

:titelist-small: ProV1  

:918457628_PrecisionPro: Precision Pro  NX7 Pro

All Iron grips are BestGrips Micro-Perforated Mid

We saw a bit more in the uk - expect you we're enjoying one of your innumerable advert breaks - it wasn't that he swore or chucked a club, nope far from it.

What he said added to his body language screamed that's not my fault - therefore must be his bagman. For me that's pretty shocking. Take responsibility for your actions in all things.....

Mind you your probably right it's blown out of all proportion, a shame because we should have been heaping praise on ken duke.

Rest in peace long sticks - I'll remember you

TM Burner Superfast 2.0 TP Regular

TM RBZ Stage 2 Fairway 14.5 stiff

Adams Blue Hybrid No. 3 stiff

Adams Super xtdHybrid 21.5 Stiff

Ping G30 4 and 5 Iron - Regular CFS Shaft

Ping i25 6 - PW Regular CFS Shaft

TM Y Groove Gap Wedge

Cleveland CG10 Sand Wedge

PingTR Piper Putter, adjustable shaft, SuperStroke Fatso

Titleist StaDry Cart Bag

Motocaddy S3 Pro Trolley

Foot Joy City, Adidas Boost Boa and Adidas Superstar shoes

Pro V1x in the summer, Titleist Velocity in the winter.

The first shot into the lake was a mistake, why does bubba always have to hit draws and cuts with such short clubs? But the second which went over the green - well does he expect the caddie to let him risk dumping it in the water again?

I agree Westy, I don't get why he always tries to be so cute with such short shots or all of his shots really. Just hit a wedge, straight at the pin with a little back spin, 2 putt par and your leading the tournament.

I'm glad Bubba didn't win and really excited for KD because I think this victory was long overdue.

Driver: Ping G410 10.5* w/Hazrdus Blk 6.0 (S)

Fairway W: Ping G400 3 Wood w/stock (S)

Hybrid: Taylormade Gapr Lo 3 w/stock (S)

Irons:  Ping i210 4-PW w/Dynamic Gold 120 (S)

Wedges: Callaway Jaws 48, 52, 56 w/Dynamic Gold 120 (S)

Putter: Odyssey 3T

Ball: Taylormade TP5 X 

I could only justify Bubba if his caddy made a stupid mistake and gave him the wrong club, and I mean if it was way off. Other than that, Bubba shouldn't have gotten that mad at him but it's just part of his personality. As we can see, Bubba doesn't hide his emotions very well (crying and in this case anger).

Archived