Testers Announced! Callaway Paradym Ai Smoke Drivers and Autoflex Dream 7 Shafts! ×

Need help

antjonykim48

Hello, my name is Kyle Russo and I am 14 years old. I currently have a +0.8 handicap and was invited to go to the Junior World Golf Championships but unfortunately cant afford it. I am looking for any generous people to help finance me going or could help me lead me in the right direction. My total I need to raise is $1,600. Last year at my home course I stood on the 12th hole, a par 3, and ask for $10 to enter into a raffle and if they hit it as close as the length of the flag stick they could win a $20 gift card to the golf club. This worked great but was not legal for the golf course was municipal and they have rules of their own. I am willing to do anything to fund me to go to this event. Any help is great. Thank you.

We all would love some more personal information, to make sure it's not a scam.

http://www.ghin.com/lookup.aspx

Use that link to look up Name and State, which is New Jersey and Name Kyle Russo, then you will find kyle Russo +0.8. Also call my home course in Ringoes, NJ which is Heron Glen. Call them 9088066804, ask If they know Kyle Russo, which 90 percent of them do, and ask if he is 14 years old. Thank you for any support, i would really appreciate it!

Kyle, first let me say that I am speaking only for myself and no other members or MGS. I would ask why the 90% of the members of your club/course could not raise/donate the required amount of dollars. I would not hesitate to donate if this were a health issue, and I and the members have, in numbers, in the past for a member's son, and I would not hesitate to donate again, if his son needed assistance, as I'm sure the membership would also be front and center.

That being said, I feel that you should go to your club's membership, and also other clubs/courses in your area for the required funds. You also should approach some of the OEM reps, especially the reps of any equipment that you are playing. Obviously, you/your parents have to research what you can accept per the Jr. USGA rules.

And that reminds me, where are your parents and what are they doing in this fund raising effort?

I don't want to appear mean spirited or cold hearted, because I am neither. I have a big heart. It's just that if I'm going to contribute and sacrifice for someone that I don't know, it's going to be for someone like TW's son, who was fighting for his life.

I wish you the Very Best, both on and off the course.

Fairways & Greens 4ever

:mizuno-small:

Thanks for your blessing! I am a little confused on how I should ask the courses for the money? To answer you about my parents, My father had a lot of money then spent it all and left me when I was 8, now we have a very nice house which we have been tying to sell since we can not afford it on one part-time salary. Unfortunately no one wants to buy it and now is going into foreclosure so my mother is working hard on this and my mother cant help me in anyway. We are broke and it is a shame that this sport is so damn expensive and I have all this talent that will go wasted and my mother and I are doing all we can so it wont.

When I say "club/course" I am speaking figuratively, of the club's/course's membership/golfers, not literally. Playing to a +.8, basically a +1, and myself playing to a -2 last year, I know the amount of golf & work that such a hdcp requires, and my question is, where do you get the funds to play and also the money for a range membership?

Again, I would ask the people who know you, your mother, your circumstances.

Also, you might ask your pro to assist you. The Class A's that I know would break their backs to get you there, and I know of a few who reached into their pockets to help youngsters. Also, you, your mother or your pro should contact the local TV stations and see if they can do a story on your plight.

Fairways & Greens 4ever

It is a muni golf club which gives me free rounds and range balls all the time, thats how i pay for the golf. i have already asked everyone at the course for help, but a lot of them have no enthusiasm to help. IF you know anyone who is willing to help PLEASE reach out to them. The local paper is not willing to post my story. So once again if you know anyone PLease ask them, I appreciate all your help.

R.P., I am sure that there are specific guidlines that must be followed in order to ensure that Kyle retains his ameteur status while trying to raise funds.

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

Kyle, have to looked into any of the fundraising websites out there? Most can let you attach a link from. Facebook or twitter page. I know several are mainly geared towards medical or other causes but there are a few out there that should be able to help you. Here's an article outlining a few of them. Hope this helps.

http://lifehacker.com/5882940/the-best-sites-to-raise-money-and-get-your-ideas-off-the-ground

In Nick's Ogio Edge Stand Bag
Driver: Taylormade Rocketballz 9.5* Aldila Rip'd NV Stiff
Fairway: Tour Edge CB4 15* Rip Gamma Stiff
Hybrid: Adams Idea Pro A12 18* KBS Tour X
Irons: Mizuno MP-53 3-PW DG X100
Wedges: Mizuno MP R-12 52* & 56* DG Spinner
Putter: Taylormade Ghost Spider Si 38"

RP, I agree, lets talk to some Class A's in his area. Also, being 14, and playing that well, I can see you somehow getting into a tournament (charity best ball etc) as a ringer, and your story spreading from there.

John Barry

Bring the Funk, Back to Golf

The Golfer's Trip

Kyle, thanx for the names and numbers. I'll get back to ya by mid-week. Monday, I'm gonna be tied up all day, however, I'll make some calls and see if we can't get the ball rolling. How did this invitational come about? What is your tourney experience and results? Jr. USGA tourneys & results?

How much do you need to cover the trip, including expenses(air fare, ground transportation, hotel, daily per diem(food, drink, etc.), tourney fees etc? If you need help putting this together, I'd be glad to help ya. Is your mother going with you? Oh yea, where's the tourney? Have you raised any money up to this point & if so, how much? If not, don't worry about it, I just need an accurate picture of where we stand.

You can either post here or again, PM me or you've got my e-mail & telephone number. Don't hesitate to call me if you'd like to talk about it. As I said, Monday I'll be tied up from 7:30am to about 7-8pm, though you're welcome to call me any time.

I'd really like to know the total dollars that we're lookin at before I start callin people & I'd like to have a good mental picture of you, your accomplishments, your goals and yea, your dreams. Dreams start at your age and you've taken the first step. You can PM, e-mail or talk to me about all of this.

Well Buddy, let's see what we can do :)

Have a great day

My Best,

Richard

Fairways & Greens 4ever

My email was recently just hacked and it has my resume when I get it back Ill post it right here because their are a lot of tournaments, mainly local.

I need$1,600, Entry 345, Hotel 232, food, 325, Gas 200, Practice round 50, Jimmy aka Caddie 375. My sister and I are driving down to Pinehurst, NC where the tournament is located. The golf course we will be playing is National Golf Club. I have already brought one night at the hotel and that is it and has already been taken out of the hotel price. Like I said Ill be posting my resume soon. Thank you fro helping. May I ask what Ideas you are thing about to raise the money?

Sincerely,

Kyle Russo

Archived