Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

Mizuno H4

furu

Bought a Mizuno H4 #3 two days ago. Looks good. Maybe a little bit to big? I think it fits in between X Utility and 712U. Head looks a lot shorter from heel to toe and the XU. I'm a little surprised that H4 is the chubby kid on the block.

Comes with S300 shaft. Not my favourite. I'll change to a KBS or maybe graphite when I get back home (in Portugal on holiday for four weeks).

Has anyone tried the H4? Couldn't find a thread on it.

DSC00706.jpg?fit=1024%2C1024

DSC00708.jpg?fit=1024%2C1024

DSC00707.jpg?fit=1024%2C1024

I have the two predecessors of this. The 2008 and the 2010 Mizzy FLI HI in 18, 21 and 24. I love these clubs, but have KBS Shafts in them. Do not know about the H4 and have never seen one in captivity before.

Thickness of the top line does not bother me so much because of hybrids and woods, but offset with some clubs really bothers me. These do not have much offset.

:ping-small: G430LST 10.5° on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Driver 

:ping-small: G430MAX 3w  on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Fairway 

:ping-small: G425 3H on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Hybrid 

:ping-small: G425 4H on :kbs: TGH 80S 

:ping-small: i525 5-U on :kbs: TGI 90S 

:titleist-small: SM8 54 & 60 on :kbs: Wedge 

:L.A.B.:DF2.1 on :accra: White

:titelist-small: ProV1  

:918457628_PrecisionPro: Precision Pro  NX7 Pro

All Iron grips are BestGrips Micro-Perforated Mid

I have tried and was seriously considering picking up the whole h4 set. Still might this winter when I get bored and want to build another set

Driver:   :callaway-small: Epic 10.5 set to 9.5 w/ Tour AD-DI 44.5

FW:   :cobra-small: F6 baffler set at 16º

Hybrid:  NONE
Irons:   :taylormade-small:  3i 2014 TP CB  4-PW 2011 TP MC w/ TT S400

Wedges:   :nike-small: 52º :nike-small: 56º  :edel-golf-1: 60 º w/ KBS C-Taper XS Soft-stepped

Putter:   :ping-small: Sigma G Tyne 34 inches Gold dot

Richard,

The XUP was longer and offered more control over the ball. The Adams just wanted to push, pull, or go straight every time, same height and distance. Those could definitely be awesome characteristics for some, but I thought the Callaway was more well rounded, and plenty forgiving in its own right.

Follow me on Twitter: @MattSaternus

I demoed one shortly after they came out. As someone who has played various version of the MP Fli-Hi in the past, I was curious about how the hollow forged clubhead would work.

The H4s are nice. IMO, they dont feel quite as soft as the old cut muscle MP Fli-Hi but certainly feel better than the newer, hollow, Hot Metal face MP Fli-Hi.

If I cracked the face on my Sumo2, Id give a 3-hybrid H4 some serious consideration.

"I suppose its better to be a master of 7 than to be vaguely familiar with 14." - Chick Evans

Whats in my Sun Mountain 2.5+ stand bag?

Woods: Tommy Armour Atomic 10.5* 

Hybrid: Mizuno MP Fli-Hi 3H

Irons: Mizuno T-Zoid True 5, 7 and 9-irons

Wedge: Mizuno S18 54* and Top Flite chipper

Putter: Mizuno Bettinardi A-02

Ball: Maxfli Tour X

Archived