Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

Name the New TaylorMade Golf Ball

• SPY VIP

TaylorMade wants...actually, it's not a stretch to say they NEED your help naming their new golf ball.

Here are the details:

Here is some background on the ball:

TaylorMade engineers have used all of their know-how from creating multi-layered balls to create the perfect golf ball for the average golfer. This ball has been designed to deliver incredibly fast ball speed at impact for more distance, along with significantly more control into the green than previous TaylorMade golf balls in this price point (around $30 bucks).

Your task is to help us name it. Please fill in your suggestion below for the "NAME THAT BALL" Contest for your chance to win a year's supply of TaylorMade Tour balls.

You can only enter once, so submit your best one. Your submission must be 30 characters or less.

Enter Here

Let's put it out there...TaylorMade has a bit of a checkered history when it comes to naming their golf balls. A few years back when they decided to get serious about the ball, the had the TP Red and the TP Black. That made sense. Things got a little confusing with the whole LDP thing, but man...when PENTA hit...not only was it a great ball, but the name PENTA...five...a 5 piece ball. It all made sense.

Last year things got ugly. TaylorMade released the Penta TP5 (redundant, but at least it made sense), and the Penta TP3 (umm...people like the PENTA, but this is a 3-piece...screw it, it's apparently too late to change it now).

This year it's the unfortunately named LETHAL. Granted, it fits in well with the cheese that is RocketBallz and RocketBladez, but it doesn't have quite the allure of ProV1. You can't build a franchise around it.

This too is unfortunate given my belief that the LETHAL is the best golf ball on the market today. For Realz.

There's a lesson in that. While the ProV1 ball may evolve, the name never changes. There's never a 'what the hell is this' kinda moment. The consumer always knows what's in the box. The other guys are catching on. Bridgestone has rolled with B330 for a while, Nike has used ONE forever, even Srixon is settling in with ZStar.

Callaway can't make up it's mind...HEX Black, HEX Chrome, Chrome+, HX Tour, HX Tour 56, HX Tour I(s,x,z). And well...TaylorMade... ALL OVER THE MAP.

So anyway, TaylorMade needs YOU to help them name a golf ball. Give 'em something that has some longevity to it...like NXT.

My 2 suggestions:

TaylorMade TIFA (This is F*$king Awesome)

TaylorMade GIANNNY (give it a new name next year)

Whacho got?

MyGolfSpy is only major golf site that refuses advertising from large golf companies. With your support we can keep it that way. Donate Today

Subscribe to the MyGolfSpy Newsletter

Taylormade Prime

Driver--Taylormade RBZ Tour 9* Aldila RIP Phenom 65s

Fairway Metal--Taylormade R11s 14* Aldila RIP Phenom 70s

Hybrid--Taylormade RBZ Tour 18.5* RE-AX 85 gram S

Irons--Nike Vr Pro-Combo 4-PW True Temper Dynamic Gold S300

Wedges--Nike SV Tour Forged 50*, 56*, 60* True Temper Dynamic Gold

Putter--Scotty Cameron California Del Mar

Ball--Taylormade Lethal

Grips--Lamkin R.E.L 3Gen (Woods-green, Irons-red, Wedges-white)

Ahh dammit, suppose I should have noticed the giant ENTER HERE link before blurting my suggestion out for everyone to see...lol

Driver--Taylormade RBZ Tour 9* Aldila RIP Phenom 65s

Fairway Metal--Taylormade R11s 14* Aldila RIP Phenom 70s

Hybrid--Taylormade RBZ Tour 18.5* RE-AX 85 gram S

Irons--Nike Vr Pro-Combo 4-PW True Temper Dynamic Gold S300

Wedges--Nike SV Tour Forged 50*, 56*, 60* True Temper Dynamic Gold

Putter--Scotty Cameron California Del Mar

Ball--Taylormade Lethal

Grips--Lamkin R.E.L 3Gen (Woods-green, Irons-red, Wedges-white)

Project 5 was the best name ever. They should call it Project 14 in 2014. Project 15 in 2015. And so on.

Can't enter. US only. That doesn't happen very often........

Done

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

I know that the rules say US only but what the hell.

My entry is TaylorMade MLB13

(multi layered ball 2013)

AJ

WITB

Driver: Ping G25

FW: TM RBZ

Irons: Miura 57 Series w/KBS C-Taper

Wedges: Vokey SM4 52-08,56-12,60-04

Putter: Watch This Space

Ball: SRixon Z Star

Other: Tourstriker 7i

"Go Hard or Go Home"

"Do or Do Not. There is NO "TRY"

"Be normal, and the crowd will accept you. Be deranged, and they will make you their leader"

"I don't fail. I succeed at finding what doesn't work"

Less lethalier

It's all about the short game, unless you can't keep it in play!

What's in my Bag:
Driver: Adams Speedline Super LS 10.5 with Excalibur T7+ tour stiff shaft
3 Wood: Adams Speedline Super LS 13 degree with Excalibur TFW Tour stiff shaft
Hybrid: Nickent 6DT 19 degree Aldilla Voodoo NV Stiff shaft
Irons: 4-9 KZG Tour Evolution with Nippon N.S. Pro Modus 3 tour 120 x flex shafts
Wedges:49 degree Dave Pelz wedge with a Nippon N.S. Pro Modus tour 120 x flex shaft. 54,64 Dave Pelz wedges with Rifle spinner shafts 59 Degree Scor wedge with rifle spinner shaft.
Putter: Bentinardi Ben Hogan Big Ben Center shafted 33 inches with best grips custom pistol putter grip.

Ball: Titleist Pro V1X, Callaway Hex Chrome +

RocketBomb

Dru - Owner, President & Janitor, Druware Software Designs

RH 13.1 Handicap in soggy Georgia 

WITB
* 1W 10.5* @ PXG 0211 ( HZRDUS Smoke Black X-Stiff )
* 3W PXG 0211 ( HZRDUS Smoke Black X-Stiff ) 
* 5W 18* Tailor-made AeroBurner ( Stock Stiff )
* 7W  Sub70 949x ( HZRDUS Smoke Black X-Stiff )
* 5i-PW @ PXG 0211 ( Gen 1 )
* 52 @ Hogan Equalizer
* 56 @ Sub70 
* 60 @ Hogan Equalizer
* Carbon Ringo 1/4
* Vice Pro Plus

Archived