TESTERS WANTED! ×

Bag of the MBP (2017 Update)

• SPY VIP

Well after this long on the forums I think it time I post a WITB thread. Yes there's a lot of pics, but hey be happy the photo shoot produced almost 200 biggrin.gif

APRIL 2017

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/9313-bag-of-the-mbp/?p=267674

MAY 2016

http://bit.ly/1WAQ4ML

SEPTEMBER 2014

Bag: Ogio Ozone
Driver: Nike Covert Performance 9.5 Draw with Aerotech Claymore F4
3 Wood: Wilson Staff Fybrid 15° With UST Mamiya Proforce AXIVCore Red Stiff

Hybrid: Nickent 4DX Pro 20°
Irons: 4-7 TaylorMade Tour Preferred CB & 8-PW Tour Preferred MC with KBS Tour Stiff 1° Up with BestGrips MicroPref Leather Grips
Wedges: Wilson Staff FG Tour Tour Grind 56°, 60° with TT Dynamic Gold Wedge Flex
Putters: Nike Method 003

Bag: Ogio Ozone
Driver: *Current Nike Covert Performance 9.5 Draw with Kuro Kage Black S - Nickent 4DX Pro D-Spec 10.5° with Aerotech Claymore F4
3 Wood: Wilson Staff Fybrid 15° With UST Mamiya Proforce AXIVCore Red Stiff
Irons: 4-GW TaylorMade Rocketbladez with KBS Tour Stiff Soft Stepped
Wedges: Wilson Staff FG Tour Tour Grind 56°, 60° with TT Dynamic Gold Wedge Flex
Putters: Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2 - Odyssey White Hot CS2, Nike Method 003

witg mbp.jpg

witb bag.jpg

witb 003.jpg

witb covers.jpg

witb driver.jpg

witb fgtour.jpg

witb grips.jpg

witb wedges.jpg

witb whitehot.jpg

witb 56.jpg

witb fybrid.jpg

witb gw.jpg

witb irons.jpg

witb gpgrip.jpg

witb kap.jpg

witb laser.jpg

witb method face.jpg

witb rocketyeti.jpg

witb rossa tpa.jpg

witb shafts.jpg

witb superstroke.jpg

witb yeti cover.jpg

witb puttershoe.jpg

Yo #JustPlayBetter

Follow @GolfSpyMBP

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Great photo shoot MBP!

Driver:   :callaway-small: Epic 10.5 set to 9.5 w/ Tour AD-DI 44.5

FW:   :cobra-small: F6 baffler set at 16º

Hybrid:  NONE
Irons:   :taylormade-small:  3i 2014 TP CB  4-PW 2011 TP MC w/ TT S400

Wedges:   :nike-small: 52º :nike-small: 56º  :edel-golf-1: 60 º w/ KBS C-Taper XS Soft-stepped

Putter:   :ping-small: Sigma G Tyne 34 inches Gold dot

Negative. The secret is out...

Childhood just ruined :( lol

Wedges:   :nike-small: 52º :nike-small: 56º  :edel-golf-1: 60 º w/ KBS C-Taper XS Soft-stepped

• SPY VIP

Great WITB Dan! How do you like the Claymore shaft in the Nickent Driver?

Also, what's the Steelfiber Hybrid shaft in - is there a hybrid that didn't make the cut?

Great pics, as always!

I love and respect the Claymore. It's tight dispersion helps when the swing is off, but you'll notice no help in distance. However when my swing is on it's a deep and accurate combination.

The Steelfiber is in a Nickent 4DX hybrib which is currently a free agent due to the RBLZ 4 iron. For now it makes an appearance as the holder of the yeti cover.

Yo #JustPlayBetter

Follow @GolfSpyMBP

Very sweet Dan! Seriously funky bag!

What's in the bag:

Driver:  :titelist-small:TSR3; :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR Carbon
FW Wood: :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR 3-wood; :titleist-small: TSR 2+
Hybrids:  PXG Gen4 18-degree
Utility Irons: :srixon-small: ZX MkII 20* 
Irons:;  :Sub70:699/699 Pro V2 Combo; :wilson_staff_small: D9 Forged;  :macgregor-small:MT86 (coming soon!); :macgregor-small: VIP 1025 V-Foil MB/CB; 

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: RTX6 Zipcore
Putter: :cleveland-small: HB Soft Milled 10.5;  :scotty-small: Newport Special Select;  :edel-golf-1:  Willamette,  :bettinardi-small: BB8; :wilson-small: 8802; MATI Monto

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B RXS; :srixon-small: Z-STAR Diamond; :wilson_staff_small: Triad

Stat Tracker/GPS Watch: :ShotScope:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

What's up, you are making Yeti signature series gear with Zach and no Best Grips on your clubs?:angry: You need to at least get one on those sweet putters.;)Otherwise great bag!

It's all about the short game, unless you can't keep it in play!

What's in my Bag:
Driver: Adams Speedline Super LS 10.5 with Excalibur T7+ tour stiff shaft
3 Wood: Adams Speedline Super LS 13 degree with Excalibur TFW Tour stiff shaft
Hybrid: Nickent 6DT 19 degree Aldilla Voodoo NV Stiff shaft
Irons: 4-9 KZG Tour Evolution with Nippon N.S. Pro Modus 3 tour 120 x flex shafts
Wedges:49 degree Dave Pelz wedge with a Nippon N.S. Pro Modus tour 120 x flex shaft. 54,64 Dave Pelz wedges with Rifle spinner shafts 59 Degree Scor wedge with rifle spinner shaft.
Putter: Bentinardi Ben Hogan Big Ben Center shafted 33 inches with best grips custom pistol putter grip.

Ball: Titleist Pro V1X, Callaway Hex Chrome +

:angry:Boo slow connection double post because I hit the button twice junk!

What's in my Bag:
Irons: 4-9 KZG Tour Evolution with Nippon N.S. Pro Modus 3 tour 120 x flex shafts
Wedges:49 degree Dave Pelz wedge with a Nippon N.S. Pro Modus tour 120 x flex shaft. 54,64 Dave Pelz wedges with Rifle spinner shafts 59 Degree Scor wedge with rifle spinner shaft.
Putter: Bentinardi Ben Hogan Big Ben Center shafted 33 inches with best grips custom pistol putter grip.

I played golf with Zach on Friday and then promptly purchased a personalized custom putter grip. It's the suede and has Rev Rick Stamped into it. I'm going to do a new what's in the bag tomorrow. Zach and his Dad are great people. When I get my irons re-shafted I will be purchasing a new set of microperfs from them as well.

What's in my Bag:

I played golf with Zach on Friday and then promptly purchased a personalized custom putter grip. It's the suede and has Rev Rick Stamped into it. I'm going to do a new what's in the bag tomorrow. Zach and his Dad are great people. When I get my irons re-shafted I will be purchasing a new set of microperfs from them as well.

How are the microperfs, I was looking at those for my next set of grips

You don't wanna know what shipping to Canada is....

That bad?

How are the microperfs, I was looking at those for my next set of grips

His Dad gave me one and put it on my driver before we played. I like it a lot. Very tacky yet doesn't leave your hands feeling sticky. The stiching works like a reminder. They also have less taper so if you like to put tape under the dominant hand to fight the hook you don't have to. The craziest thing is the performance when your hands are wet or sweaty. They actually grip better when damp.

What's in my Bag:

Simple solution: It's time for a trip to Texas. Zach, Rover Rick, and I are gonna start working on the Texas open. Use the high shipping cost on a plane ticket and pick up some grips while you are here! Win Win. Bring your wife so she can get some grips too.

What's in my Bag:

That bad?

I keep tell him that $370 (airfare) will include shipping and personal delivery of the grips. He will also get 48 hours of 1 on 1 time with me, in which we can discuss several things I am an expert in: Texas history (up until WW2), golf grips, accounting, NFL, and NBA topics.

@bestgrips   @puttershoes

Best Grips is a second generation family business specializing in golf grips! We are the home of the only made in the USA (Texas to be specific) genuine leather golf grips and head covers. No fancy words, pictures or endorsements with BestGrips.com, just the best performing golf grips money can buy!

Check out the new site (www.bestgrips.com)!
Use "golfspy" for free shipping on all U.S. orders over $50!

What's in my BG custom club glove staff bag? Click here.

Current ball of choice: 'Stones three three zero.

His Dad gave me one and put it on my driver before we played. I like it a lot. Very tacky yet doesn't leave your hands feeling sticky. The stiching works like a reminder. They also have less taper so if you like to put tape under the dominant hand to fight the hook you don't have to. The craziest thing is the performance when your hands are wet or sweaty. They actually grip better when damp.

Simple solution: It's time for a trip to Texas. Zach, Rover Rick, and I are gonna start working on the Texas open. Use the high shipping cost on a plane ticket and pick up some grips while you are here! Win Win. Bring your wife so she can get some grips too.

Glad you like the MicroPerf!

@bestgrips   @puttershoes

Best Grips is a second generation family business specializing in golf grips! We are the home of the only made in the USA (Texas to be specific) genuine leather golf grips and head covers. No fancy words, pictures or endorsements with BestGrips.com, just the best performing golf grips money can buy!

Check out the new site (www.bestgrips.com)!
Use "golfspy" for free shipping on all U.S. orders over $50!

What's in my BG custom club glove staff bag? Click here.

Current ball of choice: 'Stones three three zero.

MBP, our bags have some interesting similarities... The RocketTour head cover, the wedges (hope they're doing well for you!), and most importantly, you are using the same ball AND marking... Now just imagine the complete and utter chaos if we both played the same courses!

great looking bag!

Driver: TaylorMade R9 9.5* with a Diamana Kai'li 70 S shaft

Fairway: TaylorMade R9 TP 13* with Graphite Design Tour AD YSQ-st X flex

UtilityWilson Staff FYbrid 19.5* Aldila RIP Sigma Stiff

Irons: Wilson Staff FG Tour V2 KBS Tour X flex 4-pw (soft-stepped)

Wedges: Wilson Staff FG Tour TC 50* (standard grind, bent to 51*) TT DG Spinner, 56* and 60* (tour grinds, bent to 55* and 59*) Dynamic Gold Wedge flex

Putter: Yes! Abbie Tour Forged Pro Series 33" 

Ball: Wilson Staff FG Tour, Maxfli U4

Bag: Wilson Staff NeXus 100th Anniversary carry bag

Backup Irons: Wilson Staff FG-17 Tour Blades with TT Dynamic Stiff 3-PW

Backup Utility: Mizuno MP-H4 2 iron TT Dynamic Gold R300

Backup Putter: Pro Gear CG 100 33" (Pro Gear is what turned into Yes!)

I keep tell him that $370 (airfare) will include shipping and personal delivery of the grips. He will also get 48 hours of 1 on 1 time with me, in which we can discuss several things I am an expert in: Texas history (up until WW2), golf grips, accounting, NFL, and NBA topics.

Can't beat that, who doesn't love to talk about the NBA all day lol

• SPY VIP

MBP, our bags have some interesting similarities... The RocketTour head cover, the wedges (hope they're doing well for you!), and most importantly, you are using the same ball AND marking... Now just imagine the complete and utter chaos if we both played the same courses!

great looking bag!

Wedges are awesome, crazy spin. I do find them a touch on the higher launching side though.

When are we going to play the same course together?

Yo #JustPlayBetter

Follow @GolfSpyMBP

• SPY VIP

You could personally DRIVE them up here :D

Yo #JustPlayBetter

Follow @GolfSpyMBP

Is that the one with the big orange ball?

Yep, the one that a Canadian invented

Archived