Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

Texas Open is Open for Suggestions.

RoverRick

Pick The Date.  

6 members have voted

1. 1. Which date will work better in your schedule?

• August 16-17
    • September 13-14
    • Does not matter.
    • I have suggested a time below that will work best for me.

Thanks for doing that and working with me guys. Yet another reason why this is the best forum out there!

It's all about the short game, unless you can't keep it in play!

What's in my Bag:
Driver: Adams Speedline Super LS 10.5 with Excalibur T7+ tour stiff shaft
3 Wood: Adams Speedline Super LS 13 degree with Excalibur TFW Tour stiff shaft
Hybrid: Nickent 6DT 19 degree Aldilla Voodoo NV Stiff shaft
Irons: 4-9 KZG Tour Evolution with Nippon N.S. Pro Modus 3 tour 120 x flex shafts
Wedges:49 degree Dave Pelz wedge with a Nippon N.S. Pro Modus tour 120 x flex shaft. 54,64 Dave Pelz wedges with Rifle spinner shafts 59 Degree Scor wedge with rifle spinner shaft.
Putter: Bentinardi Ben Hogan Big Ben Center shafted 33 inches with best grips custom pistol putter grip.

Ball: Titleist Pro V1X, Callaway Hex Chrome +

Thanks for doing that and working with me guys. Yet another reason why this is the best forum out there!

The September time frame would be better for me too, I will be in Sin City August 15-19th. September will be cooler, instead of insane 100+ degrees, it will only be in the upper 90's :)

Driver:   :taylormade-small: M3 Tensei CK Pro Blue
3-Metal:: :callaway-small: GBB EPIC, FujiKura Pro Green

5-Metal:  :cobra-small: F-7, FujiKura Pro

Irons:   :mizuno-small: MP-18 SC, KBS Tour 120

Wedges:  :cleveland-small:   RTX-3  52 - 56 - 60
Putter:  EVN-Roll ER-5

Ball :  :bridgestone-small: Tour B XS

Range Finder:  Busnnell Tour-X,  Garmin S20 

Follow me:

@Hula_Rock

I did not really think about it but September 12 works better for me because it is after the club championship. However, it is also after when school starts, which makes no difference to me, but I thought some others may have issues with it.

:ping-small: G430LST 10.5° on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Driver 

:ping-small: G430MAX 3w  on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Fairway 

:ping-small: G425 3H on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Hybrid 

:ping-small: G425 4H on :kbs: TGH 80S 

:ping-small: i525 5-U on :kbs: TGI 90S 

:titleist-small: SM8 54 & 60 on :kbs: Wedge 

:L.A.B.:DF2.1 on :accra: White

:titelist-small: ProV1  

:918457628_PrecisionPro: Precision Pro  NX7 Pro

All Iron grips are BestGrips Micro-Perforated Mid

wow, this sounds like a great golf meetup. I would love to attend, if you can take another.

We certainly can. No arrangements have been made at this point. I was going to revive this thread this weekend any way.

We have a wee problem. Golf that weekend at Pine Dunes is not really a problem. but they have room for only 3 people overnight. This means playing golf there that weekend and staying else where in Palestine or Athens, or moving the event. They will not have space there until October 11 and then November something. The golf there is $79 per round and I was honestly disappointed with the reaction I got to the prospect of 8-12 golfers.

So I took the liberty of checking another place. This is the Sam Rayburn Country Club and Resort near Jasper, Tx. They have a hotel on the premises and have a stay and play rate for a single room of $140 for a round on Friday, lodging Friday night and two rounds on Saturday. Here the people were much more friendly and happy to have us, EXCEPT, that weekend they have an Adam's Pro Tour event on Sunday and the hotel and course are packed the entire weekend.

So, here are the options.

1. Play Pine Dunes that weekend for about $240 for the golf and then find a place to stay.
  2. Play Pine Dunes on October 11 and stay there for $273.
  3. Play Rayburn Country Club and Resort some other weekend for 2 Days/1 Night/3 rounds of golf for $140. They also have other rates like 3 days/2 nights/3 rounds of golf for $185 and additional rounds of golf for $30.
  4. Keep the same date and play somewhere else.

So what are your suggestions.

• 4 weeks later...

I was bored

mgstexas_open_merge_small.jpg

You sir are awe inspiring. I am going to take this one if it's alright with you.

Sláinte

What’s in the bag:

Driver: Callaway Hyper-X 10° with a Diamana Kai'li 70 S shaft

Fairway: Wilson Staff D-100 hybrid 3 16°, Matrix OZIK Altus 5.6: 60 gram

Utility: 7 Wood Custom Stainless – Knight Golf 24°

Irons: Wilson Staff D-100 4-Pw. Gw, Sw, Matrix Studio 6.1 Graphite: 65 gram

Wedges: Pinemeadow 64° and 68°, Alien 2 Pro Series 1 – 60°, PW, GW, & SW with set of D-100’s

Putter: Current Hippo Attacker 1 Switching to: Gel Golf CNC milled insert putter (Sapphire model, Mallet style)

Ball: Wilson Staff DUO/Z-Star/FG Tour

Bag: Bag Boy - Revolver

Backup Irons: King Cobra irons from the late 80’s 3-sw graphite regular flex shafts

Whatever doesn’t kill me, had better start running!What’s in the bag:Driver: Callaway Hyper-X 10° with a Diamana Kai'li 70 S shaftFairway: Cobra AMP Cell 3-4 HYB: 4 plus = 21°, 4 plus Draw = 21° Draw, 4 = 22° *Utility: 7 Wood Custom Stainless – Knight Golf 24°Irons: Cobra AMP Cell Irons 5- Sw, MRC Graphite ShaftWedges: Pinemeadow 64° and 68°, Alien 2 Pro Series 1 – 60°, PW, GW, & SW in AMP Cell setPutter: Gel Golf CNC milled insert putter (Sapphire model, Mallet style)Ball: Titlest VelocityBag: Bag Boy - RevolverBackup Irons: King Cobra irons from the late 80’s 3-sw graphite regular flex shaftsWhatever doesn’t kill me, had better start running!

Folks,

Our coordinator for the MGS Texas Open 2013 has generously allowed me to go forth with my designs on connectivity. I have a website for the MGS Texas Open 2013. I hope to use this as a means to spread the word and increase forum activity. If you have a friend you want to tell about the ‘Open' you can just send them the link to the website. I told my friend the only entry fee is to join the MGS Forum. If you see something that should be changed or you have suggestions please let me know. I am attempting to hone my skills so I have a couple of items on there that are just for testing purposes as I have never attempted them before.

Since I have no job I must find new ways to support my golf habit.

I hope you're all hitting them long and strait.

P.S. Don't forget to like our Facebook page at MGS Texas Open 2013.

Sláinte

What’s in the bag:

Driver: Callaway Hyper-X 10° with a Diamana Kai'li 70 S shaft

Fairway: Wilson Staff D-100 hybrid 3 16°, Matrix OZIK Altus 5.6: 60 gram

Utility: 7 Wood Custom Stainless – Knight Golf 24°

Irons: Wilson Staff D-100 4-Pw. Gw, Sw, Matrix Studio 6.1 Graphite: 65 gram

Wedges: Pinemeadow 64° and 68°, Alien 2 Pro Series 1 – 60°, PW, GW, & SW with set of D-100’s

Putter: Current Hippo Attacker 1 Switching to: Gel Golf CNC milled insert putter (Sapphire model, Mallet style)

Ball: Wilson Staff DUO/Z-Star/FG Tour

Bag: Bag Boy - Revolver

Backup Irons: King Cobra irons from the late 80’s 3-sw graphite regular flex shafts

Whatever doesn’t kill me, had better start running!What’s in the bag:Driver: Callaway Hyper-X 10° with a Diamana Kai'li 70 S shaftFairway: Cobra AMP Cell 3-4 HYB: 4 plus = 21°, 4 plus Draw = 21° Draw, 4 = 22° *Utility: 7 Wood Custom Stainless – Knight Golf 24°Irons: Cobra AMP Cell Irons 5- Sw, MRC Graphite ShaftWedges: Pinemeadow 64° and 68°, Alien 2 Pro Series 1 – 60°, PW, GW, & SW in AMP Cell setPutter: Gel Golf CNC milled insert putter (Sapphire model, Mallet style)Ball: Titlest VelocityBag: Bag Boy - RevolverBackup Irons: King Cobra irons from the late 80’s 3-sw graphite regular flex shaftsWhatever doesn’t kill me, had better start running!

Archived