Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

footjoy greenjoys..problem

BlackGumbo

Realizing it is a low cost model, Picked up a pair a few weeks ago.

Right shoe has developed a "breakdown" that causes my foot to "lean" left. at all times, standing,walking etc.

has anyone else experienced this?

I am sure I don't have the receipt for them anymore.. darn it, so not sure I can return them.

You need to upgrade to a better shoe, as the greenjoys are the "bargain basement" of FJ.

If you look around, you can find great deals on shoes in the $50-$75 range.

My home club's Pro Shop has been selling $120 shoes for $60-$70.

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

You need to upgrade to a better shoe, as the greenjoys are the "bargain basement" of FJ.

If you look around, you can find great deals on shoes in the $50-$75 range.

My home club's Pro Shop has been selling $120 shoes for $60-$70.

Kind of what I was afraid of.... I got them from Sports Authority. not my first choice,(inconvenient location) but was using a gift card for some golf balls at the time. with any luck, they will let me return them and upgrade.

You paid around fifty dollars for a pair of golf shoes. What did you expect? Spend at least $100 and get something that will last you a couple years.

These are 2 WEEKS old. :blink:

I spent about 60? for a pair of Nike air-some version back in 2008, and they are still fairly decent.

These are 2 WEEKS old. :blink:

I spent about 60? for a pair of Nike air-some version back in 2008, and they are still fairly decent.

Having played other sports in nikes as well as having some odd 30 pairs( that might be too low) Nike makes footwear that will last a very long time so it's not a surprise to hear that after 5 years they are still in good shape

Driver:   :callaway-small: Epic 10.5 set to 9.5 w/ Tour AD-DI 44.5

FW:   :cobra-small: F6 baffler set at 16º

Hybrid:  NONE
Irons:   :taylormade-small:  3i 2014 TP CB  4-PW 2011 TP MC w/ TT S400

Wedges:   :nike-small: 52º :nike-small: 56º  :edel-golf-1: 60 º w/ KBS C-Taper XS Soft-stepped

Putter:   :ping-small: Sigma G Tyne 34 inches Gold dot

Nike does have a reputation to live up to.

I admit I know nothing of the footjoy people.

maybe their price breaks have a pretty significant difference in intended use..

so far, I play every day that it does not rain. my 2 weeks in these shoes is 12 days.

Now if I were a once a month player...

who indeed, is probably the target buyer for the low cost..

voila, 12 days become 12 months, lol. Guess I now know the answer, and what my expectation should be..... lol

Contact FootJoy:

1. Full 90-Day Quality Warranty

All FootJoy golf shoes are warranted to be free of defects in materials and workmanship for 90 days from the date of original purchase. Shoes found to be defective will be repaired or replaced with the same style or an equivalent FootJoy shoe at FootJoy's sole discretion.

Driver:   :taylormade-small: M3 Tensei CK Pro Blue
3-Metal:: :callaway-small: GBB EPIC, FujiKura Pro Green

5-Metal:  :cobra-small: F-7, FujiKura Pro

Irons:   :mizuno-small: MP-18 SC, KBS Tour 120

Wedges:  :cleveland-small:   RTX-3  52 - 56 - 60
Putter:  EVN-Roll ER-5

Ball :  :bridgestone-small: Tour B XS

Range Finder:  Busnnell Tour-X,  Garmin S20 

Follow me:

@Hula_Rock

You paid around fifty dollars for a pair of golf shoes. What did you expect? Spend at least $100 and get something that will last you a couple years.

If you watch closely and check lots of website, you can find FJ Dryjoys on sale at great prices and considerably less than $100.

I have Dryjoy shoes that are 10 years old and still waterproof. But, I have to say, I probably only wear the same pair of shoes maybe once every 2 weeks and I play 3 to 5 rounds every week. Still, I have had great luck with Dryjoy shoes. And, they fit me perfectly right out of the box.

Check out www.littlejohngolfleague.com a Greater Houston Traveling Golf League

If you watch closely and check lots of website, you can find FJ Dryjoys on sale at great prices and considerably less than $100.

I have Dryjoy shoes that are 10 years old and still waterproof. But, I have to say, I probably only wear the same pair of shoes maybe once every 2 weeks and I play 3 to 5 rounds every week. Still, I have had great luck with Dryjoy shoes. And, they fit me perfectly right out of the box.

Ten years is a bit amazing to me. I bought a pair of dryjoys from Sears many years ago and the damn things didn't even last a year, only lasting that long because I kept having them repaired. Greenjoys, on the other hand, lasted me almost two years. The only footjoys that lasted on me were a pair that were spikeless but these were dangerous in wet weather. Never bought footjoys since.

I live in a different country so there was no sending them back for the warranty.

Shambles

When you are shopping around, try golf shoes.com or any of the many online retailers, like TGW, Austads, golfLocker, Rockbottomgolf, etc.

you can find great deals on top golf shoes.

And the best bet, if you are playing several times a week, rotate your shoes so you don't wear the same pair more than once or twice a week.

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

When you are shopping around, try golf shoes.com or any of the many online retailers, like TGW, Austads, golfLocker, Rockbottomgolf, etc.

you can find great deals on top golf shoes.

And the best bet, if you are playing several times a week, rotate your shoes so you don't wear the same pair more than once or twice a week.

Rather disappointing that such advice is necessary where Golf shoes are concerned. They cost much more than every day shoes purportedly because they were made much better to stand up to long distance walking and endure the outdoors. Frankly, I think using them two or three times a week is light as against the daily wear we use for office or other work related activities. All the more light if compared to jogging shoes or B Ball shoes or whatever other athletic activities, yet my experience with golf shoes has been very disappointing.

I rather miss the heavy leather shoes we used to wear for Golf.

Shambles

Bought the FJ sport when they came out a few years ago, no problems at all with them, matter of act last weekend after it rained a few of the tee boxes still had water, for setup purposes I need to stand right in the middle of the water, no leaks.

Nike makes good shoes.but if you have a foot that is even a little wide, Nike don't fit, and if you have a size 13 -14 shoe, getting them in wide size makes the shoe look more like what you would see at a circus,

you get what you pay for, unfortunately in golf that is said a lot.

Lefties are always in their Right Mind

Archived