BIG STU

Greatest Blade Irons of All Time

Have a great time at the Texas Open! :)

This sucks but I can't go. We had to change the date and it is a weekend that my wife is already out of town at a conference. My boys just stayed with their grandparents for a week so I'm not gonna pawn them off on somebody. I'll get in next time.

Folks, this is my first post. In 1980 at the age of 16, I purchased Staff Tour Blades with True Temper Dynamic R Shafts with the 2 iron and SW. The irons felt like you were hitting a soft rubber "super ball" when you hit them pure.  I played these clubs until 2000, when I caved to PingEye 2. The Pings gave better consistency on off center hits, but never felt as good as the Wilsons.

I just got a used set of Mizuno MP30 with R300. They too have a great feel when you hit them pure, but I think the Staff Tour Blads were softer. I love the feel of blades, and the Mizuno gives me the forgiveness, but lack the workability that the Staff Blades provided. Have you all seen the new Wilson Blades? Nice!!!

This thread definitely deserves a re-start.

Ram Tour Grinds for sure@revkev
Original Nike Blades
Mizuno MP29

Of course there are more but these three are

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 1

1954-57 Ben Hogan Precision’s and the follow-up 1958-59 Saber. The design is still copied today by blade manufacturers.

P1100079.jpg

P1090946.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 1
  • Love 1

The first set I brought myself was a set of Ben Hogans and I remember them being great,  until they were stolen 😥 I've also really enjoyed the Mp-4s, although currently playing a cavity back. Whenever my game gets in the slumps I switch back to a blade because I know when I'm striking it well with a blade again a cb will be money. 

Looks and feel are probably the two most over used and useless words used to describe a Golf Club. So I’ll say without a doubt my current Mizuno 919 Forged Tour irons are the best clubs I’ve ever owned. For just looks my Mizuno MP5s take home the trophy. Strictly feel goes to the set stolen from the trunk of my car; Mizuno MP37s.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

On 7/27/2013 at 10:22 AM, Sluggo42 said:

Mp33

Titleist tour model

Patti berg

Which Patti Bergs? The Goodwill by my house has a full set (looks like new condition) of Patti Berg Cup Defenders. Wooden woods and all.