TESTERS WANTED! ×

Made any really cool shots lately?

Sluggo42

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I  played Torrey pines South course yesterday for the first time and put in to tap in range on 13 from one the middle bunker on the left side of hill to save par. basically a shot 20' bellow and 15 yards back up over another bunker. put me in a hell of a mood and got back to back pars, doesn't help the card that much after back to back triple bogey out of the gate. though.

Hit a good shot out of a fairway bunker on a par-5 to 70 yards in the middle of the fairway.

I get up there and my ball is in a divot with a little bit of mud on it.  I said 'to hell with it' and hit the ball out of the divot.  I had been struggling from difficult lies, so I figured I would try and hit it.

Hit it flush, spun about 3 feet to the right and into the hole for an eagle.

3JACK

Author of Pro Golf Synopsis. The Moneyball approach to golf strategy and analysis.Driver: Wishon 919THI, 10° loft, UST Mamiya VTS Red 7x, 44-3/8” long, 2,825 kg/cm^2 MOIGONZO WOOD: confidential2-Hybrid: Mizuno Fli-HiCLK, 17° loft, 40-7/8" KBS Tour Hybrid shaft (stiff)3-Hybrid: Mizuno Fli-HiCLK, 20° loft, 40" KBS Tour Hybrid shaft (stiff)4-6 iron: Wishon 575MMC (CB)7-PW: Wishon 575MMC (MB)SW: Edel Golf driver grind, 52° loft, 16° bounce, Nippon WV 125 shaft.LW: Edel Golf Digger Grind, 60° loft, 27° bounce, Nippon WV 125 ShaftPutter: Edel Golf Columbia Custom Made, 35" long, 72° lie angle, 3° loft. Ball: Titleist Pro V1xGrips: PURE Grips P2 Wrap (red)Shoes: FootJoy Dry-Joy (black, size 14)3Jack's Golf Blog - http://3jack.blogspot.com

Scor?

No Cobra!

MY BAG-

Driver- Taylormade SLDR 12* (Speeder 7.2vc tour spec S)

3 Wood- Taylormade R11(bimatrix prototype S)

3 Hybrid- Ping I20(stock S)

Irons-Taylormade Tour Perferred MC ( C Taper S)

Wedges- 50, 54, and 58 SCOR4161( KBS)

Putter-Taylormade Ghost Corza.

All Left Handed!

No Cobra!

Nice shot Walker.....

Driver:   :taylormade-small: M3 Tensei CK Pro Blue
3-Metal:: :callaway-small: GBB EPIC, FujiKura Pro Green

5-Metal:  :cobra-small: F-7, FujiKura Pro

Irons:   :mizuno-small: MP-18 SC, KBS Tour 120

Wedges:  :cleveland-small:   RTX-3  52 - 56 - 60
Putter:  EVN-Roll ER-5

Ball :  :bridgestone-small: Tour B XS

Range Finder:  Busnnell Tour-X,  Garmin S20 

Follow me:

@Hula_Rock

Nice shot Walker.....

Thanks Hula! I had a huge grin on my face for the rest of the round. LOL!

MY BAG-

All Left Handed!

Par three, uphill from the blues, about 205. With my new ping hybrid. Hit it pretty good, but pushed to the right, pin high. About 15-20 yards on the downhill side of a bump with roots. I was just hoping to get it to stay on the green. A little 60* wedgie landed about two feet short of the green, softly bounced on, and rolled downhill to the left and softly sopped in for the bird.

Of course I bogied the next hole, but shot an even 72 frothe day.. That shot seemed to set the tone for the rest of the round.

:titleist-small: TSr2 on tensi blue stiff

:cobra-small: Speedzone 3-wood on Tensi blue S

:callaway-logo-1: Epic Max 5 and 7 woods on HZRDUS  Reg flex

:callaway-logo-1: Paradym 9 wood on HZRDUS reg flex

:taylormade-small: P770 / P790 combo set on Ventus R-6 shafts 6-AW

:mizuno-small:  T22 Denim Copper 54°, 58° on Kinetic X Trajectory 

:EVNROLL: ER3 or,

:edel-golf-1: E.A.S. #4   (“Fang” or “Adele”)

:titelist-small: ProV1x, or, Maxfli Tour X

:callaway-small: .Org 14 cart bag

Adidas Tour 360 , or Sketcher shoes

Had a pretty cool 3 holes yesterday. We were playing a PB Dye course that I have played often recently. There is this little diabolical short par 4 that is short ( 304 from members tees) A real big hitter can drive it but better be on your toes. I left the drive in position alpha 55 yds out hit a SW slam dunk in the hole for a eagle. Next hole a par 4 377 pushed the drive to the right no trouble had 175 or so to pin lanced 7 wood to 3 feet made birdie Next hole par 3 147 hit 7 iron to back pin location hit the pin dropped 4 inches from the hole. Played the last 4 holes 2 over with the last 2 being the toughest holes on the course. Ended up 1 under on the side. Shot 74 for the day one of my best rounds of the season.

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

Hit a good shot out of a fairway bunker on a par-5 to 70 yards in the middle of the fairway.

I get up there and my ball is in a divot with a little bit of mud on it.  I said 'to hell with it' and hit the ball out of the divot.  I had been struggling from difficult lies, so I figured I would try and hit it.

Hit it flush, spun about 3 feet to the right and into the hole for an eagle.

3JACK

Great shot I see you used the mud to your aerodynamic advantage

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

Well, it wasn't _A_ shot, but on a long right  uphill par 5 last night I hit 3w off the tee into the the right side sand trap, sitting with a nasty 3 foot, near vertical lip to get over, wedged out to the grass.  Took a 5 iron from the grass about 205 uphill across the fairway and into the left side, green side sand trap. Wedged out of that trap onto the green leaving a 6 foot uphill  slightly right breaking putt, which I made to save par.  

Now, it's not eagle, or even birdie, but for playing more sand than grass on the hole, I thought it was pretty cool!

Dru - Owner, President & Janitor, Druware Software Designs

RH 13.1 Handicap in soggy Georgia 

WITB
* 1W 10.5* @ PXG 0211 ( HZRDUS Smoke Black X-Stiff )
* 3W PXG 0211 ( HZRDUS Smoke Black X-Stiff ) 
* 5W 18* Tailor-made AeroBurner ( Stock Stiff )
* 7W  Sub70 949x ( HZRDUS Smoke Black X-Stiff )
* 5i-PW @ PXG 0211 ( Gen 1 )
* 52 @ Hogan Equalizer
* 56 @ Sub70 
* 60 @ Hogan Equalizer
* Carbon Ringo 1/4
* Vice Pro Plus

Well, it wasn't _A_ shot, but on a long right  uphill par 5 last night I hit 3w off the tee into the the right side sand trap, sitting with a nasty 3 foot, near vertical lip to get over, wedged out to the grass.  Took a 5 iron from the grass about 205 uphill across the fairway and into the left side, green side sand trap. Wedged out of that trap onto the green leaving a 6 foot uphill  slightly right breaking putt, which I made to save par.  

Now, it's not eagle, or even birdie, but for playing more sand than grass on the hole, I thought it was pretty cool!

We call that a working mans par good job. Goes to show never ever give up

G

• 2 weeks later...

New track first time, Tierra Rajada. James, you play it?

Anyways, bak nine, a little 115 par 3 way downhill to a smallish, highly undulating green.

Hit my sand wedge off the tee and push it a bit right. And a hair long. So, I have to hit a 60* soft flop over this big mound and try to hit the hill on the green to stay close. But, I went about two yards too far and it rolled all the way to the other side. So I have about a 40 foot putt that leans right for 30 feet and then turns downhill sharp left into the cup. So sure as can be the put does all that and dies into the cup for the hardest par three I have ever parred. Fortunately my friend saw it so I got to get a solid fist bump!

Anyways, bak nine, a little 115 par 3 way downhill to a smallish, highly undulating green.

Hit my sand wedge off the tee and push it a bit right. And a hair long. So, I have to hit a 60* soft flop over this big mound and try to hit the hill on the green to stay close. But, I went about two yards too far and it rolled all the way to the other side. So I have about a 40 foot putt that leans right for 30 feet and then turns downhill sharp left into the cup. So sure as can be the put does all that and dies into the cup for the hardest par three I have ever parred. Fortunately my friend saw it so I got to get a solid fist bump!

For that putt alone, you deserved a solid fist bumped.  Those are EVIL putts.

Dru - Owner, President & Janitor, Druware Software Designs

RH 13.1 Handicap in soggy Georgia 

WITB
* 1W 10.5* @ PXG 0211 ( HZRDUS Smoke Black X-Stiff )
* 3W PXG 0211 ( HZRDUS Smoke Black X-Stiff ) 
* 5W 18* Tailor-made AeroBurner ( Stock Stiff )
* 7W  Sub70 949x ( HZRDUS Smoke Black X-Stiff )
* 5i-PW @ PXG 0211 ( Gen 1 )
* 52 @ Hogan Equalizer
* 56 @ Sub70 
* 60 @ Hogan Equalizer
* Carbon Ringo 1/4
* Vice Pro Plus

Par 5, 555 yards slight downhill dogleg to the left,  I vaporize the teeshot leaving 238 to the pin with water protecting the green on the left.  Ball sitting nice on hardpan under a tree but I have a full swing.  I absolutely KNUTT my Covert 5wood, ball ends up 5 feet from pin with uphill putt for eagle, which a leave short 4 inches....

Follow me:

@Hula_Rock

Haha Hula. I did that 3 times yesterday, after I rolled the first ball 5 feet past the pin... 3-3 putts! Gahhhhhh

Haha Hula. I did that 3 times yesterday, after I rolled the first ball 5 feet past the pin... 3-3 putts! Gahhhhhh

Putting was jacked all day long for me too.  They started to overseed the greens here and I could not for the life of me get the speed right.  In the summer these greens are super fast so I refused to put some pace on all of my putts.........

Follow me:

@Hula_Rock

Nice Sluggo! I have played there its one if my faves!

MY BAG-

All Left Handed!

Nice Sluggo! I have played there its one if my faves!

I can see why, it's a beautiful track. We played from the blues and I struggled to an 86, but I think I'll do much better next time.

So you know that little short par 3 I'm speaking of? What a crazy little green!

Archived