TESTERS WANTED! ×

Mizuno JPX 800 PRo vs Adams Idea Pro CB1? WHy?

Mizuno JPX 800 PRo vs Adams Idea Pro CB1  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Mizuno JPX 800 PRo vs Adams Idea Pro CB1?

• JPX 800 Pro
    • Adams Idea Pro CB1

Hi, Im debeting between these Two? which one would you pic and why?

Thanks for your help!

Jpx 800 pro.png

CB!.png

Driver: Cobra Fly Z Pro w/ Diamana S+ 60g X-Stiff

3 Wood: Fly Z Pro w/Diamana D+ 70g X-Stiff

Irons: Cobra Fly Z Pro w/ KBS Tour X Shaft

Wedges: Vokey SM4 52*- 56* -60*

Putter: Odyssey White Hot #7

I'm going to echo RP's comments. You've got two great choices there and I don't think you can go wrong either way. You're best bet is to hit them both and see which you like best and which you perform best with. Ideally this would also involve a fitting and being able to hit them outside off grass.

Driver: :taylormade-small: SLDR w/ Fujikura Ventus Black

3w: :taylormade-small:'16 M2 hl w/ Diamana D+ 82

5w: :cleveland-small: Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Yellow

Hybrid: :cleveland-small: 22 deg. Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Black

Irons: :cleveland-small: 5i - gap Launcher CBX w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Wedges: :cleveland-small: 54 CBX & 58 Zipcore w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Putter: :odyssey-small: Red 7s

If you are choosing between a forged Mizuno and any other iron, youd be doing yourself a disservice to not pick the Mizuno.

Ive dabbled with various irons over the years of just about every brand but I always come back to forged Mizunos.

They just offer a feel that Ive never found with any other iron.

"I suppose its better to be a master of 7 than to be vaguely familiar with 14." - Chick Evans

Whats in my Sun Mountain 2.5+ stand bag?

Woods: Tommy Armour Atomic 10.5* 

Hybrid: Mizuno MP Fli-Hi 3H

Irons: Mizuno T-Zoid True 5, 7 and 9-irons

Wedge: Mizuno S18 54* and Top Flite chipper

Putter: Mizuno Bettinardi A-02

Ball: Maxfli Tour X

Ok, if these irons were for ME, this is how I'd roll. I played two rounds with the 800 Pro's and I liked everything about em. Excellent iron. So, the 800's it would be, however, I'm partial to Mizzy, though the only non-Mizzy iron iron that I've played in the past 26+ years were the Adams Pro Golds(3i-PW, not the retail 3-4 H, 5i-PW). I put them up against the MP-67's, and in the bag they went.

Though, as I said, I know guys that play the CB1's, and I play with a senior pro(57yo) who still has the 1's in his bag, and what, they're on the 3's?

And the other thing is that ya didn't give any information on yourself, your swing or your game for those that wanna try to match one of the irons. Cuz ya see, what they'll end up doin is what I did, picking out what iron I would take, which has nothing to do with, and does you, not a damn bit of good :)

How long have ya been playing? How often do you play? What's your hdcp/ave. scores? What do you play now?

The best with your choice :)

Fairways & Greens 4ever

:mizuno-small:

Hi R.P.

I've start playing last september so it's been less than a year. The last 2 months i wasl playng 3 times a week, but since last week im 6-7 per week. My average score is 94, but i should be breaking 90 anytime now. Now i have this "walmart set" called Fairway (LOL).

I can get the mizuno FOr 350$ and the CB1 for 275$ both used.

I know about the Mizuno reputation but i want a set that i can grow into it. Ive hit both of them and in the feel of both are great! I might even say cb1 slighlty softer. Jpx 800 pro is more forgiven though.

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Jpx 800 pro comes with dynalite gold S300.

Cb1- project x 6.0 flighted.

So both stiff. No need to change shaft.

You brought another point which one is better of the two shafts?

Which one has more of a true flight?

tks

You might still need to change the shafts because they could end up not fitting your swing

Driver:   :callaway-small: Epic 10.5 set to 9.5 w/ Tour AD-DI 44.5

FW:   :cobra-small: F6 baffler set at 16º

Hybrid:  NONE
Irons:   :taylormade-small:  3i 2014 TP CB  4-PW 2011 TP MC w/ TT S400

Wedges:   :nike-small: 52º :nike-small: 56º  :edel-golf-1: 60 º w/ KBS C-Taper XS Soft-stepped

Putter:   :ping-small: Sigma G Tyne 34 inches Gold dot

"My average score is 94" = Mizuno JPX-800.

Driver:   :taylormade-small: M3 Tensei CK Pro Blue
3-Metal:: :callaway-small: GBB EPIC, FujiKura Pro Green

5-Metal:  :cobra-small: F-7, FujiKura Pro

Irons:   :mizuno-small: MP-18 SC, KBS Tour 120

Wedges:  :cleveland-small:   RTX-3  52 - 56 - 60
Putter:  EVN-Roll ER-5

Ball :  :bridgestone-small: Tour B XS

Range Finder:  Busnnell Tour-X,  Garmin S20 

Follow me:

@Hula_Rock

Jpx 800 pro comes with dynalite gold S300.

Cb1- project x 6.0 flighted.

So both stiff. No need to change shaft.

You brought another point which one is better of the two shafts?

Which one has more of a true flight?

tks

Those are two very different shafts. The S300s are a low launching shaft. I've tried both. Didn't like the feel or ball flight of PX flighted. I hit the long irons too high and lost distance. The different ball flight and feel you may get between those two sets could have more to do with the shafts than the heads. What is better for you totally depends on your swing now and has nothing to do with anyone else's results with them. The real test between clubs comes when you find a shaft that works well for you and can hit both clubs with the same shaft in them. Only then are you actually seeing the difference the head makes for you.

I have the Adams CB1 and I think they are great. Pretty forgiving for how small the clubhead is and fantastic feel to them. Also the black finish looks sweet. All that being said if you can get the JPX 800 for only 350, I would go with that. I think those feel just as good and are def more forgiving. Plus they are a few years newer and Mizuno's, so you will get better resale value if they don't work out.

WITB

Driver: Calloway Diablo Octane Tour, UST VTS Silver

Hybrids: 16* Taylormade RBZ Tour 16*, 21* TEE XCG-3

Irons: Adams CB1 4-PW, KBS C Taper Lite S

Wedges: Nike VR Pro Forged 52*, 58*

Putter: Odyssey White Hot XG3

Grips: Lamkin Crossline Midsize

Ball: Whatever I find, prefer Bridgestone

Welcome aboard - both are perfectly good irons but in the end you really need to get fit to find out things like proper shaft, lie on the clubs, (that can be tweaked), grip type/size - all of those things will help you.

I have the 800 pros, they're fine - I have aerotech shafts in them which are very high launch- I don't know who wrote it but the stock shafts in those irons don't have a reputation for being low launch - they are medium to medium high. They would launch a bit lower than the aerotech's but high enough for most players.

As for the Project x whoever has told you that a 6.0 is "stiff" is misleading you - that's stiff plus - its what many Project x touring pros have in their irons - as a 23 you might be very, very disppointed in the results that you obtain from those shafts and think poorly of the irons when there is nothing wrong with them.

I'd go back to Richard's original comment - this isn't a democracy, we can tell you what we might prefer but it would be meaningless for you - I'd find a fitter in your area and get an idea of what you should be playing - you won't grow if you can't hit the clubs well enough to enjoy the game - that much I'm sure of.

Best wishes!

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

Welcome aboard - both are perfectly good irons but in the end you really need to get fit to find out things like proper shaft, lie on the clubs, (that can be tweaked), grip type/size - all of those things will help you.

I have the 800 pros, they're fine - I have aerotech shafts in them which are very high launch- I don't know who wrote it but the stock shafts in those irons don't have a reputation for being low launch - they are medium to medium high. They would launch a bit lower than the aerotech's but high enough for most players.

As for the Project x whoever has told you that a 6.0 is "stiff" is misleading you - that's stiff plus - its what many Project x touring pros have in their irons - as a 23 you might be very, very disppointed in the results that you obtain from those shafts and think poorly of the irons when there is nothing wrong with them.

I'd go back to Richard's original comment - this isn't a democracy, we can tell you what we might prefer but it would be meaningless for you - I'd find a fitter in your area and get an idea of what you should be playing - you won't grow if you can't hit the clubs well enough to enjoy the game - that much I'm sure of.

Best wishes!

Doesn't the 6.0 flighted play similar to the 5.5 non-flighted which would still be a stiff? I thought I read that somewhere, but can't seem to remember if it's correct.

Driver: :taylormade-small: SLDR w/ Fujikura Ventus Black

3w: :taylormade-small:'16 M2 hl w/ Diamana D+ 82

5w: :cleveland-small: Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Yellow

Hybrid: :cleveland-small: 22 deg. Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Black

Irons: :cleveland-small: 5i - gap Launcher CBX w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Wedges: :cleveland-small: 54 CBX & 58 Zipcore w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Putter: :odyssey-small: Red 7s

Yea, shaft flex has absolutely nothing to do with handicap. People tend to relate which tees to play from to a handicap when it's really about how far you hit off the tee. Shaft flex is even further removed from being related to a person's handicap.

Archived