Wilson Staff Dynapower irons

Our Sponsors

Saw some in the bin at Goodwill today, bought the 7 iron S shaft, very good grip, for 2 bucks. I figured it could be a good practice club (muscle back, small blade).

Holy crap! When I made a good swing it was at least a club farther than my regular irons (Adams A3). And honestly I didnt make too many bad swings considering I had a cortisone shot in my back this afternoon (don't tell my wife I was swinging a club)!

Now what? I'm wondering about the rest of the set. I need a 5 iron but wonder if I'd have the same success but for less than a beer I could find out.

My Goodwill find of all time was a full set of Warrior forgings (junk) but the they were shafted with 5.0 Rifles, and got them all for $11.98. We also found a pair of Mephisto Golf shoes, Made in Portugal, my wife's size, brand new for $15.

Will post photos (after daughter takes them and shows me how to the other stuff, lol) but buying more of the set is moot. The only other irons of that set are the 2 and 3, pretty sure they are out of my league!

I do think I have a pretty good practice 7 iron, though.

• 1 month later...

According to Ironfinder.com, it is a 1964 Wilson Dynapower Staff 7 iron. 35 Bucks for Good, 18 for Poor. Wish the whole set had been there!

Actually, i hit this 7 iron as far as I hit my Adams A3, and it measures 36 inches!

My daughter was supposed to take pics, will still try to get that done.

I think these Irons were made from 64 to 66 I do know the 67s were different. I will look in the building later I think I have a 9 iron like that in some of the loose stuff

Driver Homna  G1- X Stock Homna Regular shaft

4 wood Adams Tight Lies 

5 wood Adams Tight Lies 

24* Hybrid Adams A 10-OS Pro Launch Red R

Irons 5 thru PW 1980 Macgregor VIP Hogan Apex #2 shafts

SW- Wilson Staff JP II 56* shaft unknown

Putter 1997 Santa Fe rusty as heck