Testers Wanted! AutoFlex Dream 7 Driver Shafts ×

No driving!

furu

I've been to a couple of courses where they say no hitting drivers. Some have been during high school matches or larger high school tournaments and nobody gives a crap. You can imagine what the staff is thinking seeing some of these guys who can hit it a ways hitting driver on the range without a second thought.

This really sucks though for the European Tour players.

That's a pretty permanent case with the range I used to frequent, with the addenda that some specific people are also forbidden the use of their fairways. Used to be fun to send a ball over the fence onto the roof of the apartments at the other end. :lol:

Shambles

This sign brings to mind a story that my TMag fitter told me. Remember this was the contest fitting at TPC Sawgrass so the guy fits people like Dustin Johnson and Sergio Garcia. He had received a call from Riviera in LA because they had sold off some property and were changing the configuration of their driving range. Since the new property owners were putting in condos they wanted to put up nets on the side of the driving range to protect against wayward shots. The question was, "How high is the ball at 250 yards when hit by the longest drivers on the PGA tour?" That's where the side net would have to be.

Are you ready for the answer. According to his data Dustin Johnson's drives are typically 120 feet high (10 stories) at 250 yards.

They srapped the idea of the net and reorientated the range.

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

Archived