Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

Titleist 712 MB vs Titleist AP2

I am looking at Titleist for my next set of of irons. However , I'm torn between the two mentioned in the title. I am looking for any and all feedback. If you all have a recommendation for a set of irons I am overlooking please share. Thank you all in advance.

Ross

Well you should be a really good ball striker to get the most out of blades. Anyone can "play" a blade but if it hurts your game then I would go towards the AP2's. The AP2's are great irons and are going to be plenty more forgiving than the MB's. That's just my opinion but it's up to what you're comfortable with and what will help you enjoy golf more. Also you should check out Mizunos if you can, I went from Titleist to Mizuno and was happy with the switch.

Duke welcome to the site. I am a Mizuno Man myself. I have a set of MP33's 5-P that I love. However, I also have had a set of MP59's for several months that I had only played 3-4 times. 6 days a week the MP33's were fine. However. I switched to the MP59's two weeks ago. I have actually had an ankle injury and have never hit the ball better than with the MP59's.

Just because you can hit blades does not mean you have to. I am now using the C Taper Lites and I only have one set. If I had two sets, I might change that up a bit. It is nice to not have your best stuff sometimes and still hit the green.

:ping-small: G430LST 10.5° on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Driver 

:ping-small: G430MAX 3w  on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Fairway 

:ping-small: G425 3H on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Hybrid 

:ping-small: G425 4H on :kbs: TGH 80S 

:ping-small: i525 5-U on :kbs: TGI 90S 

:titleist-small: SM8 54 & 60 on :kbs: Wedge 

:L.A.B.:DF2.1 on :accra: White

:titelist-small: ProV1  

:918457628_PrecisionPro: Precision Pro  NX7 Pro

All Iron grips are BestGrips Micro-Perforated Mid

THat 72mb is the closest thing to my Miura Baby blades and I was actually considering getting them before.

But then again, no point getting something that looks similar to my Miura.

I do like the look of the up coming Mizuno MP4 and I'm heavily considering them for next year.

Good luck with your choices

I switched from the 695CB to the 710 AP2. I love the AP2's. They are more forgiving than even the CB's and just as workable.

MENTOR, L4 COACH & TRAINER  FIRST TEE GREATER HOUSTON
HDCP: 8.3  (GHIN: 3143312)
In my bag, April 2023
:titelist-small: TS3 Driver & 4 Wood Hzrdous Smoke Shaft (Stiff Flex)
:titelist-small: TS2 Hybrids  Mitsubishi Tensei Shaft (Stiff Flex)
:mizuno-small:  MP-59 5-PW; KBS Tour (Regular Flex)
:titelist-small: SM8 Wedges

EVNROLL ER2  Putter
SRIXON Z-STAR DIAMOND BALL
Sun Mountain Cart Bag
:Clicgear: 4.0 Push Cart (I'm walking 9 outta 10 rounds!!)

I am looking at Titleist for my next set of of irons. However , I'm torn between the two mentioned in the title. I am looking for any and all feedback. If you all have a recommendation for a set of irons I am overlooking please share. Thank you all in advance.

Ross

For me I'll go for the 712MB anytime. I just don't like AP2 design, seem like too much going on.

That's just based purely on looks, I'm not sure about feel though.

Now in my bag:

TM SLDR 10.5 Deg with Matrix Ozik 6Q3 S flex

TM VSteel 15 deg 3 wood

Cleveland Launcher Hybrid 18 deg Diamana Red Board Stiff

Titleist ZB Forged Iron 3-PW DG S200 Steel Shaft

Cleveland CG15 46, 52, 56, 60 Wedges

Scotty Cameron California Del Mar

Archived