Testers Wanted! Callaway Ai Smoke Drivers & AutoFlex Dream 7 Driver Shafts ×

Odyssey Backstryke (In Japan)

GolfSpy_X

I am going to try one of these out when they come out. As long as the ball goes in the hole, I don't care what it looks like.

Not my style of putters but if it helps you make putts then GO FOR IT!

Tim

The Bag:

Right handed

Cobra King FLYZ+ 10.5* w/ Aldila Rogue 125 R 44.5"

Tour Issued TM M2 10.5 w/ Mitsubishi Tensi CK Pro Blue 60S

Tour Issued TM M2 15* w/ GD Tour AD 7S 43"

TM R7 17.5 HFS w/ Tour AD 7S Stiff 42"

Cobra S3 Pro's 4-pw w/ Aldila RIP Tours SLT 115 Reg. 5i 38.5"

Titleist Vokey Proto's

52*,54*,58* all TTDG S-400

TM TP5 X

Scotty Cameron SSS Tiffany 009 350 34.5" or Bettinardi BB1 DASS Proto

GHIN # 5144472

Well..... ;) I'm not really sure what I think about these putters. I really don't like the design. Too each their own though.

Wow, the one on the upper left is ok, but the other 3 that have the shaft connecting in back I really don't like the look.

I won't be trying one, but if it make the ball roll like you want it...more power to ya!

dmarshal17

09 TaylorMade Burner Driver 9.5 deg

Adams RPM 3 Wood

09 TaylorMade Rescue #3 19 deg

Callaway X22 irons (3-PW)

Callaway X12 Sand Wedge

Titelist Vokey Wedge (58 deg)

Odyssey White Hot XG#5 Center Shafted

Hey, I'm on Twitter!

I will definitely try one of these when they come out. I love Odyssey putters. Big fan. I have the Sabertooth and it's improved my putting 125%.

Current bag: Some Callaway, some Cleveland. Down to 2 OEM's!

Oh man Jay, I want a full review!! They look sweet, especially the 2ball version. Although I even like the Marxman version too as the alignment aid is a snap!

• SPY VIP

The one with the red line reminds me of the Never Compromise mallets. NZ Ray or something like that. Different shaft position, of course.

Will roll the 2 ball just because it looks interesting. I like that they are mixing it up. Head shapes are nothing new, but changing the shaft to the rear is different. Tour Edge would like to remind me that it has been done before.

Volvo Intorqueo

All the cool kids follow me on twitter: @GolfspyDave

If you are not a cool kid, following me on twitter will make you cool...

The one with the red line reminds me of the Never Compromise mallets. NZ Ray or something like that. Different shaft position, of course.

Will roll the 2 ball just because it looks interesting. I like that they are mixing it up. Head shapes are nothing new, but changing the shaft to the rear is different. Tour Edge would like to remind me that it has been done before.

Yeah, I like the concept. I'll definitely try it out. I have the 2ball and the Sabertooth. I've found that I'm absolute money with these types of putters.

I had a chance to try out the BackStryke A few days ago, and I must admit, I was a bit surprised. I have been playing with an Anser putter since 1996, and the funky shape was more than offputting. I had a bit of a chuckle at the crazy shape, and then I started to roll a few. In, In, In, In IN IN IN IN IN IN IN. What the hell was going on. I was making 10 footers like Ben Crenshaw makes 2 footers. I went outside to the real grass putting green. IN, IN, IN!!!!! I have never putted that well.. EVER EVER!!! I must own one of these magical tools before the USGA makes them illegal. I don't care if everyone laughs at me, and I have to play alone, I am gonna make putts.

Driver - Ping G430 Max 9° | Ventus Blue TR 
Hybrid - :srixon-small: ZX 16° & 18° | GD Tour IZ S

2 Iron - :srixon-small: ZU65 17° | AeroTech SteelFiber 110icw S

Irons -  :srixon-small: ZX7 MKII  4-Pw | TTDGTI S400, std length  1° flat
Wedges - :cleveland-small: RTX 6 Tour Rack 50° 54° 58° | TTDGTI S400, std length 1° flat

Putter -  L.A.B. Golf Link.1 | LA Golf P135 shaft | Garsen Quad Tour grip

I'm glad to hear that some people are having success with these and enjoying them. I was very puzzled when I first saw them; I couldn't understand what the rational would be for putting the shaft into the head that way. I was further confused when I read Odyssey's explanation because it seemed like circular/self-defeating logic (I believe they claimed that it both helped you to swing up on the ball, which would impart topspin, and it would also help you stay level through impact. I'll try to find the explanation and post it). Regardless, if it gets results, I'm all for it.

Follow me on Twitter: @MattSaternus

Reminds me of an old Powerbilt putter that was made like that and had a big arrow running down it (like where the 3-balls are). The last club I worked at had one of them in one of our rental bags. I coulda bought that thing for a measly few dollars. Seems the same as those new ones.

I'm glad to hear that some people are having success with these and enjoying them. I was very puzzled when I first saw them; I couldn't understand what the rational would be for putting the shaft into the head that way. I was further confused when I read Odyssey's explanation because it seemed like circular/self-defeating logic (I believe they claimed that it both helped you to swing up on the ball, which would impart topspin, and it would also help you stay level through impact. I'll try to find the explanation and post it). Regardless, if it gets results, I'm all for it.

I think that Odyssey is using Voodoo on these things. It is unreal how many putts I am sinking with this stupid looking thing.

Wedges - :cleveland-small: RTX 6 Tour Rack 50° 54° 58° | TTDGTI S400, std length 1° flat

• SPY VIP

I think that Odyssey is using Voodoo on these things. It is unreal how many putts I am sinking with this stupid looking thing.

Are they released yet? I didn't make it into the shop when I went to the range today.

I felt that the Hawk had a bit of the magic in it when I would putt around with it in the shop. Plus with the sharp ends on it, I consider it the first fully weaponized putter. Although any Heavy putter is a dangerous tool.

Volvo Intorqueo

definately new with odyssey but like ppl said old design coming back just like clothe style just a remake for todays tech really

Andrew Bush da lefty of the forum.

Cleveland DST Tour 9.5 with Diamana Whiteboard.

Nike Sasquatch 4 wood with diamana blue.

Nike Sasquatch 3 hybrid with diamana hybrid shaft

Callaway x forged 4-pw with prject x flighted 6.0

Callaway x forged 52 and 56 chrome

Callaway x forged 60 vintage

Odyssey white hot tour number 5.

Nike one platinum soon to be nike tour running out of the platinums!!!!!!!

Are they released yet? I didn't make it into the shop when I went to the range today.

I don't think they are out to retail just yet... I happened to "liberate one" from a buddy.... and that is all I can say about that.

• SPY VIP

Odyssey side-track...

Anyone know if a CS version of the 2-Ball black will ever make it to market?

The only non-fancy maker putter I goof around with is an old DFX CS 2Ball that I picked up for $20 on Craigslist.

The thing can be a fine weapon of choice when the Byron needs to be grounded in the garage after bad behavior on the course...

Volvo Intorqueo

Archived