Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

What kind of business would you start?

whiskey golf

I would love to do fittings. I'd like to see a place the average consumer can afford but still be able to hit all the major OEMs in just about any shaft length and combo possible to find the best fit

Driver:   :callaway-small: Epic 10.5 set to 9.5 w/ Tour AD-DI 44.5

FW:   :cobra-small: F6 baffler set at 16º

Hybrid:  NONE
Irons:   :taylormade-small:  3i 2014 TP CB  4-PW 2011 TP MC w/ TT S400

Wedges:   :nike-small: 52º :nike-small: 56º  :edel-golf-1: 60 º w/ KBS C-Taper XS Soft-stepped

Putter:   :ping-small: Sigma G Tyne 34 inches Gold dot

While probably not financially viable, I would do this...

Zinger's Dream

Driver: :taylormade-small: SLDR w/ Fujikura Ventus Black

3w: :taylormade-small:'16 M2 hl w/ Diamana D+ 82

5w: :cleveland-small: Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Yellow

Hybrid: :cleveland-small: 22 deg. Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Black

Irons: :cleveland-small: 5i - gap Launcher CBX w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Wedges: :cleveland-small: 54 CBX & 58 Zipcore w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Putter: :odyssey-small: Red 7s

In all seriousness I think I would enjoy a golf cart modification business

Owning/operating a course. I know how hard it it, but I have a great resource here for issues like pace of play etc. I think it would be viable.

In the bag:
Driver:cobra-small: Darkspeed X 9°  UST Mamiya LIN-Q M40X Blue 7F4
Fairway: :callaway-logo-1: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:callaway-logo-1: Fairway 14 stand bag
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Tour

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

Apparel, wouldn't want an equipment company unless it was one of the large OEM's. I do restore some clubs for people but there's no money in that. We're talking supporting a family money at a minimum I'm assuming. Apparel seems to be the way to go, as no matter how ugly the clothes are, if you can get someone remotely popular to wear then, you're in.

In The Bag
Driver: TaylorMade M2 (2017) w/ Project X T1100 HZRDUS Handcrafted 65x 
Strong 3 wood: Taylormade M1 15* w/ ProjectX T1100 HZRDUS handcrafted 75x
3 Hybrid: Adams PRO 18* w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4 Hybrid: Adams PRO 20* (bent to 21*) w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4-AW: TaylorMade P770 w/ Dynamic Gold Tour Issue Black Onyx S400

SW: 56* Scratch Tour Dept(CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
LW: 60* Scratch Tour Department (CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
XW: 64* Cally XForged Vintage w/ DG X100 8 iron tiger stepped
Putter: Nike Method Prototype 006 at 34"

Have a ton of back-ups in all categories, but there are always 14 clubs in the bag that differ depending on the course and set-up. Bomb and gouge. Yes, I'm a club gigolo.

How about a course with 3 sixes instead of two 9s? You could have 6, 12 or 18 hole rounds if the course came back to the clubhouse after each 6. I think the market is ready for new ideas about the time it takes to play golf

:callaway-small: Rogue SZ 10.5 *NEW* Fujikura Pro Green 65 X

:callaway-small: Rogue 15 degree Evnflow Blue 6.5

Back in the Bag :srixon-small: Z765 4-G Nippon Modus 120 Stiff

:vokey-small: 54 and 60

:bobby-grace-1: Amazing Grace Ass Kicker

How about a course with 3 sixes instead of two 9s? You could have 6, 12 or 18 hole rounds if the course came back to the clubhouse after each 6. I think the market is ready for new ideas about the time it takes to play golf

My course has a 3 hole loop and 2 nines, you can mix and match to play anywhere from 3 to 21 holes depending on how much time you have.

Golf Gigolo. Hey as long as we are talking dream job what could be better?

:ping-small: G430LST 10.5° on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Driver 

:ping-small: G430MAX 3w  on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Fairway 

:ping-small: G425 3H on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Hybrid 

:ping-small: G425 4H on :kbs: TGH 80S 

:ping-small: i525 5-U on :kbs: TGI 90S 

:titleist-small: SM8 54 & 60 on :kbs: Wedge 

:L.A.B.:DF2.1 on :accra: White

:titelist-small: ProV1  

:918457628_PrecisionPro: Precision Pro  NX7 Pro

All Iron grips are BestGrips Micro-Perforated Mid

I would start a course review business and travel the world playing golf :)

I'd hate to steal your dream job WD, but maybe we could team up - you take the Northern hemishpere and I'll take the Southern ... now, how do we make this profitable... B)

I'd hate to steal your dream job WD, but maybe we could team up - you take the Northern hemishpere and I'll take the Southern ... now, how do we make this profitable... B)

One way to make it profitable is if everyone pays me a joining fee to join our company. Then, they can find others who'll pay them a joining fee, 20% of which will trickle to us. And so on ;)

I also fully expect golf courses, who are rolling in cash, to pay our first class plane tickets, hotel lodging (5 star minimum), food, and green fees.

I also fully expect golf courses, who are rolling in cash, to pay our first class plane tickets, hotel lodging (5 star minimum), food, and green fees.

Talk to MBP about his. Sounds like something he might try.

One way to make it profitable is if everyone pays me a joining fee to join our company. Then, they can find others who'll pay them a joining fee, 20% of which will trickle to us. And so on ;)

There actually is already a pyramid scheme, whoops, I meant opportunity site that does review guarantees to members. You're guaranteed at least one chance per year at $35 or so per person.

In The Bag
Driver: TaylorMade M2 (2017) w/ Project X T1100 HZRDUS Handcrafted 65x 
Strong 3 wood: Taylormade M1 15* w/ ProjectX T1100 HZRDUS handcrafted 75x
3 Hybrid: Adams PRO 18* w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4 Hybrid: Adams PRO 20* (bent to 21*) w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4-AW: TaylorMade P770 w/ Dynamic Gold Tour Issue Black Onyx S400

SW: 56* Scratch Tour Dept(CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
LW: 60* Scratch Tour Department (CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
XW: 64* Cally XForged Vintage w/ DG X100 8 iron tiger stepped
Putter: Nike Method Prototype 006 at 34"

Have a ton of back-ups in all categories, but there are always 14 clubs in the bag that differ depending on the course and set-up. Bomb and gouge. Yes, I'm a club gigolo.

Sounds surprisingly legitimate. We'd need only a couple of us at the top, and maybe a few tiers below us that get broader in numbers the further you get from us. The people below us would need to 'recruit' more people to ensure that there is adequate cashflow coming in. I'm trying to think of the shape the business model would take ... a tetrahedron maybe, or some form of pyramid...

Sounds surprisingly legitimate. We'd need only a couple of us at the top, and maybe a few tiers below us that get broader in numbers the further you get from us. The people below us would need to 'recruit' more people to ensure that there is adequate cashflow coming in. I'm trying to think of the shape the business model would take ... a tetrahedron maybe, or some form of pyramid...

Call it an equilateral triangle so everyone feels they are equal

Wedges:   :nike-small: 52º :nike-small: 56º  :edel-golf-1: 60 º w/ KBS C-Taper XS Soft-stepped

I really like teaching and the short game. I would be a short game guru a la Pelz or Utley

It's all about the short game, unless you can't keep it in play!

What's in my Bag:
Driver: Adams Speedline Super LS 10.5 with Excalibur T7+ tour stiff shaft
3 Wood: Adams Speedline Super LS 13 degree with Excalibur TFW Tour stiff shaft
Hybrid: Nickent 6DT 19 degree Aldilla Voodoo NV Stiff shaft
Irons: 4-9 KZG Tour Evolution with Nippon N.S. Pro Modus 3 tour 120 x flex shafts
Wedges:49 degree Dave Pelz wedge with a Nippon N.S. Pro Modus tour 120 x flex shaft. 54,64 Dave Pelz wedges with Rifle spinner shafts 59 Degree Scor wedge with rifle spinner shaft.
Putter: Bentinardi Ben Hogan Big Ben Center shafted 33 inches with best grips custom pistol putter grip.

Ball: Titleist Pro V1X, Callaway Hex Chrome +

tumblr_mc65aoAStt1qawv0yo1_500.jpg

That's fantastic! haven't seen that but I can imagine the dialogue

Tried to find a clip on youtube to link to, but NBC took them all down. That episode is free to stream all over the place though, I'd highly recommend checking it out!

For reference it's Season 2 Episode 19

First, I want to thank all of you for not pointing out the obvious flaw in my "Golf Gigolo" scheme. And, of course, that is it would probably take the fun out of playing golf.

If i were going to do anything in the golf industry it would be course design and real estate development. All the rest of it seem like a lot of work.

But of course all of us have not really listed our true dream job. PGA Tour Pro. Who among us does not dream of playing the tour and winning.

Dream job? Inventor/owner/sole proprietor of a Golf WABAC Machine - offering golfing vacations with your favorites from a bygone era (you can bring the 460cc warhead with you). Imagine teeing up with Ouimet, Jones, Hogan or Palmer in their primes. Or maybe even Jan Stephenson....

It's a goldmine!

What's in the bag:

Driver:  :titelist-small:TSR3; :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR Carbon
FW Wood: :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR 3-wood; :titleist-small: TSR 2+
Hybrids:  PXG Gen4 18-degree
Utility Irons: :srixon-small: ZX MkII 20* 
Irons:;  :Sub70:699/699 Pro V2 Combo; :wilson_staff_small: D9 Forged;  :macgregor-small:MT86 (coming soon!); :macgregor-small: VIP 1025 V-Foil MB/CB; 

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: RTX6 Zipcore
Putter: :cleveland-small: HB Soft Milled 10.5;  :scotty-small: Newport Special Select;  :edel-golf-1:  Willamette,  :bettinardi-small: BB8; :wilson-small: 8802; MATI Monto

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B RXS; :srixon-small: Z-STAR Diamond; :wilson_staff_small: Triad

Stat Tracker/GPS Watch: :ShotScope:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

I would have a player development academy. Having great minds in different fields like biomechanics, statistics, neuroscience, psychology, fitness, nutrition, club fitting, club design, etc.

I would develop a 'one stop shop' for golfers and it would be customized to each player's ability.

In our spare time, we would research all different facets of the game and use 'build upon thinking' process in order to come up with the best conclusions that satisfy all different fields involved with the game.

3JACK

Author of Pro Golf Synopsis. The Moneyball approach to golf strategy and analysis.Driver: Wishon 919THI, 10° loft, UST Mamiya VTS Red 7x, 44-3/8” long, 2,825 kg/cm^2 MOIGONZO WOOD: confidential2-Hybrid: Mizuno Fli-HiCLK, 17° loft, 40-7/8" KBS Tour Hybrid shaft (stiff)3-Hybrid: Mizuno Fli-HiCLK, 20° loft, 40" KBS Tour Hybrid shaft (stiff)4-6 iron: Wishon 575MMC (CB)7-PW: Wishon 575MMC (MB)SW: Edel Golf driver grind, 52° loft, 16° bounce, Nippon WV 125 shaft.LW: Edel Golf Digger Grind, 60° loft, 27° bounce, Nippon WV 125 ShaftPutter: Edel Golf Columbia Custom Made, 35" long, 72° lie angle, 3° loft. Ball: Titleist Pro V1xGrips: PURE Grips P2 Wrap (red)Shoes: FootJoy Dry-Joy (black, size 14)3Jack's Golf Blog - http://3jack.blogspot.com

But of course all of us have not really listed our true dream job. PGA Tour Pro. Who among us does not dream of playing the tour and winning.

I did think of that one first but I assumed it was non pro job. Kinda like when people ask football players their goals after football. But if the chance ever came up I'd play on tour in a heartbeat

Shaft design.

I think there's so many boundaries to be pushed it's not even funny.

Though I'd rather do it for someone like Matrix, Fujikura, Quadra or MRC who have access or the ability to get access to equipment and products I'd need.

I laught at your claims to fight a zombie apocalypse when most of you can't stand up to a Spider

I like the idea of a bar/restaurant with hitting bays. I went to one and it was awesome. There were 4 bays, with a table and chairs directly behind each screen. Just beer-swilling fools, and a lot of laughs.

There is no spoon.

WITB
TaylorMade M3
Callaway Diablo 15°
Callaway Diablo 18°
Callaway Steelhead XR Pro 4-W
Mizuno TP-4 50, 54, 58
TaylorMade Rossa Monza Spyder

I like the idea of a bar/restaurant with hitting bays. I went to one and it was awesome. There were 4 bays, with a table and chairs directly behind each screen. Just beer-swilling fools, and a lot of laughs.

There are OptiGolf centers popping up in various cities. It's really fun and reasonably priced. Awesome for the winter time.

One thing they don't advertise is you can go there and practice on the range. I think it was only $20 for an hour. I plan to go once a week once the snows hit.

I would have a player development academy. Having great minds in different fields like biomechanics, statistics, neuroscience, psychology, fitness, nutrition, club fitting, club design, etc.

I would develop a 'one stop shop' for golfers and it would be customized to each player's ability.

In our spare time, we would research all different facets of the game and use 'build upon thinking' process in order to come up with the best conclusions that satisfy all different fields involved with the game.

Thats great. I want to be a part of your golf think tank!

It's all about the short game, unless you can't keep it in play!

What's in my Bag:
Driver: Adams Speedline Super LS 10.5 with Excalibur T7+ tour stiff shaft
3 Wood: Adams Speedline Super LS 13 degree with Excalibur TFW Tour stiff shaft
Hybrid: Nickent 6DT 19 degree Aldilla Voodoo NV Stiff shaft
Irons: 4-9 KZG Tour Evolution with Nippon N.S. Pro Modus 3 tour 120 x flex shafts
Wedges:49 degree Dave Pelz wedge with a Nippon N.S. Pro Modus tour 120 x flex shaft. 54,64 Dave Pelz wedges with Rifle spinner shafts 59 Degree Scor wedge with rifle spinner shaft.
Putter: Bentinardi Ben Hogan Big Ben Center shafted 33 inches with best grips custom pistol putter grip.

Ball: Titleist Pro V1X, Callaway Hex Chrome +

Archived