Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

Taylormade Raylor

Dave

The Raylor intrigues me, have of you guys hit it yet, or even seen it in person. I haven't heard or seen much hype around them so I figure they must be getting close to dropping the price on them. Thought I might be able to pick one up cheap, but would like to hear at least a couple of opinions on them first.

image.jpg

I have a revolving WITB policy.

• SPY VIP

Haven't hit it, but I've seen it. More compact head than most, which I really like.

MyGolfSpy is only major golf site that refuses advertising from large golf companies. With your support we can keep it that way. Donate Today

Subscribe to the MyGolfSpy Newsletter

I like the look of it, and like you, I am waiting for it to come down in price.

That makes 2 of us. I like the deep face and compact head. The problem is the shafts lengths are really long. A reshaft with a heavier shaft will probably be the first move.

They do look like they won't work on hardpan though. Sort of like a high bounce wedge, that sole looks like it will clang straight up off rock solid turf.

• SPY VIP

Long shaft made me look elsewhere. So many solid wood offerings right now.

For me, the smaller head was not as attractive either. Need a bit larger to feel more confident.

Volvo Intorqueo

All the cool kids follow me on twitter: @GolfspyDave

If you are not a cool kid, following me on twitter will make you cool...

Long shaft mage me look elsewhere. So many solid wood offerings right now.

For me, the smaller head was not as attractive either. Need a bit larger to feel more confident.

I hit it at the outdoor Golfsmith range when I was shopping 3 woods and hybrids. They had a used one for a great price at Gsmith compared to the new price. However, I opted for the newer Cobra Baffler and the Nike Dymo 3w. I was much more consistent and confident with those two clubs.

Too add to this, I didn't like the fact that it's a utility/hybrid with a FW wood headshape (although smaller than most FW woods)

I prefer my hybrids in the teardrop or smaller headshape. I for some reason had a hard time hitting it clean off the mat. It worked out great off the tee. It's pretty interesting though, for it being a newer TM club with unique technology, it hasn't gotten much fanboy press.

I have hit and I loved it. Super long off and super easy to hit. I was worried about the club head size, but this club is fantastic. The only problem I had was the longer shaft caused for a few adjustments, but all in all it is a solid choice for a hybrid,

Archived