TESTERS WANTED! ×

CLUB TESTERS WANTED - SCOR4161 Scoring System

Tony Covey MGS

• SPY VIP

Does Your Short Game Need Help?

The team at SCOR Golf has asked us to round up 5 MyGolfSpy Forum Members to test their 5 club scoring system.

When it comes to wedges...excuse me scoring clubs (because SCOR is about a lot more than wedges), SCOR might not be the household name that Vokey and Cleveland are, but as positive reviews build, and word gets out, it might very well be a matter of time before the golfing consumer starts to put his money behind the idea that scoring clubs are more important than the 10 more yards fantasy. When that happens...say goodbye to wedges, and say hello to the scoring set.

SCOR Short Game Clubs-2.jpg

Why SCOR Golf

In the "arms race "for more distance, club manufacturers have sabotaged what SCOR believes is the most important part of your bag - the scoring part.

The scoring end of the set either hasn't evolved with the modern game, or has evolved poorly. Golfers everywhere have been forced to choose between 60 year old wedge designs and cavity back scoring clubs that make it more difficult than ever to control trajectory and distance with the high loft clubs.

The SCOR4161 scoring system, with patented SG3 progressive weighting design, proprietary shaft combinations, and dynamic V-Sole, mark the first meaningful innovation in the scoring game in 60 years.

Combined with SCORFit - SCOR's proprietary online fitting tool - SCOR delivers the complete scoring range package: A solution designed both for the modern game, and your individual game.

SCOR Short Game Clubs-1.jpg

What You Get, What's Expected

The 5 readers chosen by the MyGolfSpy Staff will receive a 5 Club SCOR Golf Prescription (8 iron - lob wedge). Those same 5 readers will be asked to provide other MyGolfSpy readers with a comprehensive review of the SCOR system.

Thorough is what we do, and we ask the same of our readers. Please don't apply if you're not willing to do the work.

Can a 5 club scoring set replace your current short irons and wedges?

Does the SCOR4161 deliver on its promise of lower scores?

I don't know.

It's your job (at least it could be) to find out.

SCOR Short Game Clubs-4.jpg

Requirements

:: Must be a resident of North America (USA, Canada, or Mexico)

:: Must be a MyGolfSpy Forum Member in good standing

:: Must be able to string sentences together in a coherent fashion (wit and humor are a bonus)

:: Must be capable of producing quality photos of golf equipment

:: Must have willingness, time, and ability to thoroughly test a matched set of 5 SCOR4161 Scoring Clubs

How To Enter

Check out the MyGolfSpy SCORFit Pro Website.

Use the SCORFit Short Game Analysis Tool to determine your 5 Club Prescription, then...

To enter, leave a post in this thread that contains the following:

• Your current handicap (or your average 18 hole score)
  • 1 original photo of one or more of your current scoring clubs (8 iron-LW)
  • Your SCORFit 5 Club Prescription.

*The Final Tester will be chosen no later that Friday, August 30th at 5PM Eastern Time.

Good Luck

SCOR Short Game Clubs-6.jpg

MyGolfSpy is only major golf site that refuses advertising from large golf companies. With your support we can keep it that way. Donate Today

Subscribe to the MyGolfSpy Newsletter

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My current handicap index is 3.2

My SCOR fit perscription is

41, 45, 49, 53, 57

Length -0.25

Lie 3 degrees flat

Wrap + 1

Shaft Genius 12 R flex

Please note that while I currently bag two SCOR wedges they are outside my actual perscription. I would love the opportunity to try the entire system and to report on my results.

Thanks for asking us to enter and for your consideration. Good luck to all who are involved the process.

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

I think I would be a perfect candidate for this job. Why? I hit the long ball and 95% of my shots in a round are with an 8I or less. The worst part of my game is "scoring"; I have a lot of 2 putt pars, when I should be stuffing it from short distance.

Thanks for the opportunity and consideration

Handicap - 4.1

My ScorFit prescription - 44*, 48*, 52*, 56*, 60*

As you can see, I have a hodgepodge of wedges; RBladez 50*, Wishon 55*, Snake Eyes 60*

rsz_1photo_9.jpg

Hi- this is BlueCheetah. I am an older guy (59) who is retired and golfs daily. My handicap is 18. My SCOR prescription is RH- 41,45,49,53,57- Genius 12, reg. flex. I would love to give this system a try and see if I could improve my scores with it. I wrote technical reports for a living as a presentence report writer for the courts so should be able to handle the writing. Thanks. P.S. my clubs are Adams Tight Lies.014.JPG

What a Great and I mean Great Promo guys... Leave it to the Guys at MyGolfSpy.com to push the Revolution Forward for us little guys!!!

It would be a great honor to participate in a test program like this! I am intrigued by the Scor Wedge Fitting System. Of course being the "Club Ho" that I am, buying new clubs and tinkering with things is not usually something I shy away from. However, tinkering in the "Club Ho" World is usually less worry some because your buying stuff that is easily flipped! In this case The ScorFit System has fit me for 5, F-I-V-E Clubs from 41*-57* and just buying them would be a costly "Ho'ing" experience, between $750 & $900 and because of everything being ScorFit, my worries are that others would not have the same need or the ability to afford the entire system suggestions at once! That is why this testing program is such a cool thing and would be even cooler should I be selected to participate in the testing...

Thanks so much for the chance, I look forward to being able to test the Scor Scoring Clubs and providing my fellow MyGolfSpy junkies a review that is in depth and informative enough to assist them in their future club selections, both from a play ability stand point and if it is worth the investment.

Here is what you need to know:

I am 6'2" 215# tanned & toned

USGA Handicap Index for the current Month is 2.9

I play at least twice a week, sometimes three days a week

I practice a minimum of three days a week, two days at the range and one day at home on short game, utilizing my Pro Putt Systems Artificial Putting & Short Game Green!

20130713_102807.jpg

20130713_102906.jpg

20130713_102942.jpg

20130713_102959.jpg

scorfit.png

My current handicap is 15 I think a more consitant gap in my Scor ing clubs would help me a lot. I love the look of the Scor clubs and I would love to put them to the test. Thanks MyGolfSpy and Scor.

image.jpg

My Scor prescription.

image.jpg

MY BAG-

Driver- Taylormade SLDR 12* (Speeder 7.2vc tour spec S)

3 Wood- Taylormade R11(bimatrix prototype S)

3 Hybrid- Ping I20(stock S)

Irons-Taylormade Tour Perferred MC ( C Taper S)

Wedges- 50, 54, and 58 SCOR4161( KBS)

Putter-Taylormade Ghost Corza.

All Left Handed!

I've always been really interested in the Scor system!

I'm an 11 handicap these days, but these may just be the ticket to single-digit-dom.

IMG_0768_zps4b2e2edd.jpg

A whole lotta sole.

Aaaaaaaaand here's my ScorFit!

ScreenShot2013-08-22at101254AM_zpse8e62a61.png

Driver: TaylorMade R9 9.5* with a Diamana Kai'li 70 S shaft

Fairway: TaylorMade R9 TP 13* with Graphite Design Tour AD YSQ-st X flex

UtilityWilson Staff FYbrid 19.5* Aldila RIP Sigma Stiff

Irons: Wilson Staff FG Tour V2 KBS Tour X flex 4-pw (soft-stepped)

Wedges: Wilson Staff FG Tour TC 50* (standard grind, bent to 51*) TT DG Spinner, 56* and 60* (tour grinds, bent to 55* and 59*) Dynamic Gold Wedge flex

Putter: Yes! Abbie Tour Forged Pro Series 33" 

Ball: Wilson Staff FG Tour, Maxfli U4

Bag: Wilson Staff NeXus 100th Anniversary carry bag

Backup Irons: Wilson Staff FG-17 Tour Blades with TT Dynamic Stiff 3-PW

Backup Utility: Mizuno MP-H4 2 iron TT Dynamic Gold R300

Backup Putter: Pro Gear CG 100 33" (Pro Gear is what turned into Yes!)

I am a 12 handicap playing Titleist 755. The reason I would be a great candidate for the testing is the first part of September I am taking a trip to Palm Springs to play a half dozen rounds in 4 days. I will be able to really put these scoring irons through the paces and gather a great sample to review on.

ScorFit Recommendation:

43 - 135-139

47 - 122-126

51 - 108-112

55 - 96-100

59 - 84-88

GENIUS 12

Firm Flex

Length - Standard

Lie - Standard

Grip - Standard

CG15.jpg

titleist755iron1.jpg

There are many reasons to bestow upon me the greatest of responsibility that is "Product Tester". But let's keep this reasonably short. To start with, this is my first post. Kudos to Scor for motivating me enough to actually put thumb to smartphone. What qualifications do I have that guaranty a first rate review? I'm 6'4", ruggedly handsome, well spoken, carry a 7 handicap and have the time to put those Scor beauties through the ringer. You want info? I get you the info. Plugged in fairway, left handed from treeline, flop over the porta potty, I got all those shots in the bag and more. And if all goes well, sweet pics of Scor at Pebble! Life is good, swing away. SCORfit Rx below. Thanks guys.

Mizuno MX-25

Club Lofts Gaps

9i 42°

4°

PW 46°

10°

56°

4°

60°

GW Not in Database

Your current 8 Iron: 38°> 160 yards

Your Optimal Scoring System:

LOFTS

42° 46° 50° 54° 58°

153-157 137-141 124-128 109-113 96-100

EXPECTED DISTANCE

Your Shafts and Specifications

Playing shafts in your wedges that do not match those in your irons is costing you precision feel and performance. We will build your set of SCOR4161 precision scoring clubs on the shaft that will give you a "seamless transition" in feel and balance.

Shaft: GENIUS® 12

Flex: Firm + Flex

IMAG0077.jpg

Adam HuckebyCurrent Handicap:3.4

Current Club setup : Mizuno mp59 and Cleveland 588 Wedges

5 club prescription from SF;LOFT

Mizuno MP-59

scorfit.png

My current setup has treated me very well. I have knocked my handicap down from a 5.6 to the 3.4 it is today over the last few months and continue to improve. Most recently my focus has been drawn away from long game to the scoring clubs and attempt to knock down more pins. In working on this i have found that controlled swing for consistent contact were the things i needed to focus on and have progressed well up to this point. Now that I have more control over these clubs I've begun to notice things that the ScorFit system points out perfectly. My gaps are off in a few clubs and the difference in feel and weight from my PW to my Celvelands seems appreciable. I have been in and out to my local pro shop having my wedges bent here and there and actually made some progress on the gaps but they are still a little off.This would be an amazing opportunity. I'd love to get my hands on a set. Id put them through the paces on the local trackman,on the the range, and all the various lies they would need to prove themselves from against my current setup and others I have tried.

20130822_120510_Juniper St.jpg

My current handicap index is +1.3

I feel as though my game would be perfect for testing the SCOR4161 Scoring System. In a typical round I'll attempt a variety of shots within the scoring zone (140 yards and in). My current schedule allows plenty of time to test these close range weapons and give honest and in depth feedback to the mygolfspy readers. The idea behind this scoring system sounds fantastic! Roger Cleveland has always been my #1 and trying something different to compare to an industry stalwart conjures interest.

My Optimal Scoring System:

LOFTS

43° 47° 51° 55° 59°

144-148 130-134 116-120 102-106 90-94

EXPECTED DISTANCE

Length Adjustment: -0.25

Lie Adjustment: Standard

Grip Size: Standard

Flex: Firm + Flex

Wedge Backs.JPG

Wedge Faces.JPG

43° | 47° | 51° | 55° | 59°

Prescription 5 Clubs

My handicap is 2.1

DSCN0590.JPG

I would be a great candidate for the Scor system as I currently use 4 wedges and play courses that give me a variety of wedge shots to hit. I travel throughout the western states and play many different conditions. I am playing elevations in Northern Nevada, the high deserts of Central Oregon as well as the target golf of Arizona.

I am long off the tee and end up with scoring irons in my hands for a lot of approach shots. I have been very interested in these and am happy to see they are now available for left handers ( a little love is always nice...).

Driver: Titleist TSi3 9.0*/Accra Tour Zx475 75 x stiff
Fairway: Titleist TSi2 13.5*/Fujikura Pro 2.0 Tour Spec 85 x stiff
Hybrid/ Driving Iron: Titleist U505 3 iron 20*/ Project X Hzrdus RDX Smoke 90 x stiff
Irons: Cobra Forged Tec 4-PW/ KBS C Taper stiff hard stepped once
Wedges: Vokey SM9 50*F/ KBS C Taper x stiff
Wedges: Vokey SM8 54*D/ TT DG s200
Wedges: Vokey Hand Ground 58*T/ TT DG Tour s400
Putter: Scotty Cameron Monterey 35"
Ball: Titleist Pro Pro V1

I would be the perfect choice as I am one of the hardest golfers to fit....especially with the short irons!!

I am 6'6" tall and I am a 6 handicap. I have 5 sets of clubs and have tried tons of wedges. My biggest problem is my gap between distances (very inconsistent). I play twice a week and I can tell almost instantly whether a club is right for me or not as I have a consistent swing. I am also a social media Guru and if these work for me....you would see my positive reviews EVERYWHERE! If I can hit these and score with them....anyone can!

wedges.jpg

EXPECTED DISTANCE

137-141

123-127

112-116

98-102

87-91

Hand: Right Hand/RH

Lofts: 41° 45° 49° 53° 57°

Flex: Firm Flex

Custom Specifications:

Length Adjustment: +1

Lie Adjustment: Standard

Grip Size: +2 Wraps

Surely Brad's testing could be delayed until November when he moves to Hawaii?

+1

Driver:   :callaway-small: Epic 10.5 set to 9.5 w/ Tour AD-DI 44.5

FW:   :cobra-small: F6 baffler set at 16º

Hybrid:  NONE
Irons:   :taylormade-small:  3i 2014 TP CB  4-PW 2011 TP MC w/ TT S400

Wedges:   :nike-small: 52º :nike-small: 56º  :edel-golf-1: 60 º w/ KBS C-Taper XS Soft-stepped

Putter:   :ping-small: Sigma G Tyne 34 inches Gold dot

Wonderful promotion! I would love to be involved. I'm a 53 year old slim guy with left elbow issues. Accordingly, I can't go out and pound balls without my elbow blowing up, so I rarely venture to the range. However, I do practice my short game often, approximately weekly, and I credit that for my improvement in scoring over the last few years. I've played around with a lot of wedges, and I still keep a variety for different courses. I usually carry four, but may change that to three to add a hybrid for longer courses. I stopped keeping an official handicap this year, but I'm scoring a little better than last year, when I varied between 5 and 7. For whatever reason, this time of year is my prime, and I tend to shoot my lowest scores in September to November. After that it gets too cold here in Ohio to reliably get the time in.

My ScorFit results are 44³ (122-126 yds), 48° (110-114), 52° (97-101), 56³ (86-90), and 60° (75-79). The length is -0.25", with standard lie and grip size. The shaft is a Genius 9 in Firm. My current wedges are Mizuno JPX800, although with different shafts (heavier graphite) than standard Mizuno. I was a little surprised that wedges that are a set with my irons have worked better for me than some of the more well known models have. But hey, it's about what works! Thanks for considering me.

JPX800 Wedges.JPG

Moose, my cat, is Siamese

Surely Brad's testing could be delayed until November when he moves to Hawaii?

I think that would be a wonderful "Welcome to 'Merica" gift for Brad.

Driver: Titleist 915 D2 9.5 with Diamana Whiteboard S flex

3 wood: Titleist 915F 15*, Whiteboard S Flex

Titleist 915H 18* and 24* with Whiteboard SFlex

Irons: Mizuno JPX EZ Forged 4-PW with S300's

Wedges: Mizuno MP T4 50*, 56* with DG Spinner

Putter:MannKrafted Long Slope or Odyssey #7 Versa Metal milled or Betti Tour Stock;

Ball: Bridgestone B330 or Titleist NXT

Bag: Titleist 'Murica colored carry bag or

MyGolfSpy Tour Bag

RH, Western KY

Posted Image

4693E23C-6573-4038-8595-E075CF4310ED-55311-00003A26049FC279.jpg

My ScorFit is as follows

Loft/Distance

41/(133-137)

45/(119-123)

49/(108-112)

53/(95-99)

57/(84-88)

Shaft: Genius 12 in Firm Flex

Other specs: over length +.25 inches

My current handicap is 8.6. I think I would be a good candidate to review Scor wedges because I always like trying out new equipment and Scor wedges have caught my eye. I rely a lot on wedge shots so I like the idea of having clubs being precisely meant and built for short game and scoring shots. I have never tried Scor wedges and would really like to test them and see the results.

Thanks for holding this opportunity.

I'm a 7.2 factor living near Ottawa, and even though our igloos are going up soon, I will be able to golf right through October at the least (last year played December 1). And as a supply teacher for whom even when working school ends at 2, I play nearly every day. To this point this year I'm at nearly 100 rounds.

All of my wedges either came with my set (my pic is of my A wedge from my Pro Combo set) or are multiple years old. Not to suck up (too much), but I keep hearing great things on Scor wedges, so would love a chance to see if they improved my short game. My home course is very much a shot makers course with very few grip it and rip it holes. I would say I usually hit 9i or wedge into every hole except 1 long par 4, 2-3 long par 3s, and 2 short par 5s. So being 21 feet closer would be Leafs winning the cup awesome.

My prescription is:

Hand: Right Hand/RH

Lofts: 44° 48° 52° 56° 60°

Flex: Firm Flex

And while it didn't say so, my irons all need to be 2° upright. My only worry with my prescription is that my favourite club is my 64° and that's not an option :(. Would take some getting used to to stop chipping with it. Would happily give it a shot though :), especially since club championships are done Labour Day, so have all fall and spring to get used to before competition again. Cheers, and looking forward to the reviews one way or the other.

DSC01218 small.jpg

Can't wait to test some SCOR clubs.

13.6 index

SCORFit: 44° 48° 52° 56° 60°

8-iron.jpg

Ping 425 LST 

Titleist 18* and 24* hybrids

Callway Apex Pro Combo Set (5-PW)

Callway Jaws Wedges (50*, 54*, 58*)

Bettinardi Queen Bee Putter

Heck I'd love to try out these new Score irons.

my current set up is Cobra mb's 4-pw and then Titleist Vokeys, 54,56 and 58 or Callaway X-Series Jaws 50,54,60 depending on ground conditions.

my handicap index GHIN 5.6 which at my home course is a 6 handicap from Back tee's.

here's a pic of my Callaway Jaws

DSCF0028_zps36259106.jpg

I will add pics of my 8-Titleist wedges tomorrow as I will have to get the clubs from my locker.

Here's my Score recommendation:

ScreenShot2013-08-22at91849PM_zpseef5b22e.png

The Bag:

Right handed

Cobra King FLYZ+ 10.5* w/ Aldila Rogue 125 R 44.5"

Tour Issued TM M2 10.5 w/ Mitsubishi Tensi CK Pro Blue 60S

Tour Issued TM M2 15* w/ GD Tour AD 7S 43"

TM R7 17.5 HFS w/ Tour AD 7S Stiff 42"

Cobra S3 Pro's 4-pw w/ Aldila RIP Tours SLT 115 Reg. 5i 38.5"

Titleist Vokey Proto's

52*,54*,58* all TTDG S-400

TM TP5 X