TESTERS WANTED! ×

CLUB TESTERS WANTED - SCOR4161 Scoring System

Tony Covey MGS

handicap: 8
56* Eidolon V-sole wedge...fantastic from all lies and turf conditions.
43°,47°,51°,55°,59° is my recommendation.

Irons: Mizuno MP225, Miura PI401.

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Great opportunity for the testers. Congrats to whoever "makes the cut."

What's In the Bag

Driver - :callaway-small: GBB 

Hybrids  :cleveland-small: Halo XL Halo 18* & :cobra-small: T-Rail 20*

Irons  :cobra-small: T-Rail 2.0

Wedges :ping-small: 60* TS / SCOR 48* 53* 58*

Putter     :scotty-small:

Ball :callaway-logo-1:

Bag Datrek DG Lite  

I currently play to a ten handicap, I spend at about 10 hours a week at the practice facility, so I'd give these scoring clubs plenty of testing.

My current set, as seen in the pictures is Cleveland cg16 tour irons, a mizuno jpx 50 degree, cleveland 588 rtx 58 degree, and a 62 degree 588 forged.

My prescription- 42,46,50,54,58- would be very different for me only having a 58, which is the loft I am used to for sand. I am very curious how it would perform for me with pitching, which is one of my game's assets with my 62.

Is 600x900 close enough for pic size?

wedge1.jpg

In my Adams Hercules cart bag...
    DriverPing I15 9.5* TFC stiff
    Hook MachineTaylormade Burner Superfast Rescue 18*
    3 HybridAdams ProA12 20* stiff matrix Ozik Altus
    IronsCleveland CG16 Tour Black Pearl 4-PW True Temper Dynamic Gold S300
    Birdie-MakerMizuno JPX 50*-10*
    Piece of CrapOrlimar 56*
    On the wayCleveland 588 forged 62*-10*
    Mid-Round FuelSnickers bars

GHIN Handicap: 4.5

Nike.jpg

Hand: Right Hand/RH

Lofts: 43° 47° 51° 55° 59°

Shaft: GENIUS® 12

Flex: Firm Flex

Custom Specifications:

Length Adjustment: Standard

Lie Adjustment: 2 UP

Grip Size: Standard

Driver:   :taylormade-small: M3 Tensei CK Pro Blue
3-Metal:: :callaway-small: GBB EPIC, FujiKura Pro Green

5-Metal:  :cobra-small: F-7, FujiKura Pro

Irons:   :mizuno-small: MP-18 SC, KBS Tour 120

Wedges:  :cleveland-small:   RTX-3  52 - 56 - 60
Putter:  EVN-Roll ER-5

Ball :  :bridgestone-small: Tour B XS

Range Finder:  Busnnell Tour-X,  Garmin S20 

Follow me:

@Hula_Rock

Surely Brad's testing could be delayed until November when he moves to Hawaii?

He can use my address on OAHU. :)

Driver:   :taylormade-small: M3 Tensei CK Pro Blue
3-Metal:: :callaway-small: GBB EPIC, FujiKura Pro Green

5-Metal:  :cobra-small: F-7, FujiKura Pro

Irons:   :mizuno-small: MP-18 SC, KBS Tour 120

Wedges:  :cleveland-small:   RTX-3  52 - 56 - 60
Putter:  EVN-Roll ER-5

Ball :  :bridgestone-small: Tour B XS

Range Finder:  Busnnell Tour-X,  Garmin S20 

Follow me:

@Hula_Rock

Error script 1800IGOOFEDTHISPOSTUP

:titleist-small: TSr2 on tensi blue stiff

:cobra-small: Speedzone 3-wood on Tensi blue S

:callaway-logo-1: Epic Max 5 and 7 woods on HZRDUS  Reg flex

:callaway-logo-1: Paradym 9 wood on HZRDUS reg flex

:taylormade-small: P770 / P790 combo set on Ventus R-6 shafts 6-AW

:mizuno-small:  T22 Denim Copper 54°, 58° on Kinetic X Trajectory 

:EVNROLL: ER3 or,

:edel-golf-1: E.A.S. #4   (“Fang” or “Adele”)

:titelist-small: ProV1x, or, Maxfli Tour X

:callaway-small: .Org 14 cart bag

Adidas Tour 360 , or Sketcher shoes

I'm a 6.8 handicap (8 at my home course) currently. I use a set of 3 Vokey wedges (46 bent to 45, 52, and 56). I'd be honored to do a full review of the SCOR4161 system from the range through the golf course including shots from fairways, rough, long rough, hard-pan lies, and sand traps with a full comparison of yardages and ball flight to my current clubs. My perscription for SCOR is:

with genius12 firm flex shafts

Standard lengths and lies and tour velvet grips if possible.

Thanks for the opportunity MGS - here's a pic of my current wedges:

voks.JPG

Greetings,

Pick me, pick me, pick me!

What I mean to say is, perhaps I would be a good choice as a tester for the senior group. I'm short, fat, retired, henpecked, and an all around decent guy. I joined this site a few months ago because of a review y'all did on the Ping i20 driver, which is now in my bag. I'm 57 years old, and I live in SoCal, where we can play 365 days a year.

My ghin index is 3.7, but I am quite sure that this lies, as I'm way closer to a 15.

My SCORFit Optimal Scoring System survey sayyyyyyys:

41* / 45* / 49* / 53* / 57*

Shaft: GENIUS 12

Flex: Firm

Standard loft and lie

image.jpg

Cheers!

I like the soles of my wedges like I like my women...aggressive with a little bounce.

I have too many wedges in my bag - said no one ever.

I'm a Scratch golfer (0.4 usga handicap), located in Houston where our golf season is 11.5 months, dedicated short game guru (compared to Phil minus the man boobs circa 2009), currently dating a lady who doesn't mind my need to practice for hours on end instead of talking about feelings, and I enjoy long walks on the beach.

Why am I a good candidate? I can follow directions...like here are my current scoring weapons (sized in 600x800 format as instructed)

20130823_082938.jpg

And the folks at Scor want me to bag these lovely ladies

scorfit.JPG

This is a great opportunity to test wedges from a smaller niche company. I think most golfers have heard of Scor but few pull the trigger since they aren' stamped with Cally, Cleveland or Titleist. I fear these wedges could kick out my current setup if they have the feel and aggressive sole I so desire.

Cobra Connect 5 Competitor - Team Chad

• :cobra-small: King Radspeed 10.5* w/ Hzrdus RDX Blue 60 6.5 tipped 1/2" - Peacoat/Red
  • :cobra-small: King Radspeed Big Tour 3 Wood w/ Hzrdus RDX Blue 70 6.5 Tipped 1/2"
  • :cobra-small: King Radspeed Tour 5 Wood w/ Motore X F1 70 X Flex 
  • :cobra-small: King Utility 4 21* w/ Tensei Pro White 100 X Flex
  • :cobra-small: King Tour MIM Copper Irons 5-G w/ AMT White X100 Onyx
  • :cobra-small: King MIM Black Wedges 55* & 60* w/ AMT White X100 Onyx
  • :taylormade-small: Spider SR
  • :titelist-small: Pro V1x Left Dash
  • Lefty

Practice pic,

image.jpg

Dang. I would love to test these. I love my wedges and they are one of the better parts of my game. I am intrigued by the concept of replacing short irons with them as well.

But I have had almost no time for golf, working way too much. Would hate to get them and not have the time to do a good job on a review. So I better sit this out and let those with more time do a good job with it.

Thanks to MGS and SCOR for the opportunity though!

I'd love to test these out as I have a rather large gap in the lower end due to switching to the Amp Cell irons. However I hit the 9/PW/GW in the Amp Cell set too good to switch out those clubs. So good luck to everyone, I'm excited for these reviews and best of luck to everyone.

Driver: :taylormade-small: SLDR w/ Fujikura Ventus Black

3w: :taylormade-small:'16 M2 hl w/ Diamana D+ 82

5w: :cleveland-small: Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Yellow

Hybrid: :cleveland-small: 22 deg. Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Black

Irons: :cleveland-small: 5i - gap Launcher CBX w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Wedges: :cleveland-small: 54 CBX & 58 Zipcore w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Putter: :odyssey-small: Red 7s

Consider me the perfect "guinea pig" for the SCOR Golf club test? Why, you may ask? Well, my handicap hovers around 21, despite the 7 years I have put into this god-forsaken sport. The main reason for my alarming lack of growth in ability: I'm am a tinkerer to the bone. In the past, when I have detected a flaw in my swing, real or not, I have tried to fix it with all manner of 'golf tips' and suggestions from experts. I have tried many, MANY different drivers, 2-woods, 3-woods, etc. trying to take frustratingly occasional hook out of my drives. I have run my eBay feedback rating into the triple digits buying... and then selling... and then buying putters looking for 'The One' that would give me the exact feel that I've searched my whole life for.

The one good, fairly consistent part of my game? Short play. I'm decent around the greens and with short approaches, and I like the Solus wedges that I play with now. So of course, I'm here now trying to replace the few clubs in my bag that I haven't felt like tossing in the closest pond. It makes perfect sense and is SO ME (the 'Tinkerer'... remember?)! So I DEMAND that the fine folks at SCOR Golf further enable my revolting obsession by supplying me with these new play toys immediately!

But seriously, I'd love to get more control over my short game and if these clubs can provide it, all the better. Below is the requested picture and SCORFit data and I apologize for all of the above rambling-- addiction has that effect on some of us...

Your Optimal Scoring System:

LOFTS

44° 48° 52° 56° 60°

113-117 102-106 90-94 80-84 70-74

EXPECTED DISTANCE

Lofts: 44° 48° 52° 56° 60°

Flex: Regular Flex

image.jpg

I am a 12 handicap who plays great from 100-170 out, but have much improvement needed from the very difficult 0-100 yards. I think that custom fitting and fine tuneing that the Scor wedges offer will be a great benefit to my game.

Handicap: 12

Scorfit:

Lofts: 43° 47° 51° 55° 59°

Custom Specifications:

Lie Adjustment: Standard

Grip Size: +2 Wraps

My current custom paint filled Cleveland CG15 56° sandwedge and TA REG588 lob:

photo.JPG

I am a 10 handicap and I've used Titleist Vokey wedges for 10 plus years. I've been interested in new wedges for a while, but hard to change....maybe SCOR can resolve that fear!

My ScorFit:

43/47/51/55/59

Right Hand

Shaft: Genius 12

Firm Flex

+0.5" length adjustment

Standard Lie

+1 wrap grip size

My Current Wedges:

wedges 2.jpg

Thanks for offering this opportunity for some great clubs to improve our games. My info is as follows:

No official handicap yet, but average score is about 84

My 5 Club Prescription is 44° 48° 52° 56° 60° - The distances for each club seemed about right.

Mizuno.jpgThanks for offering this opportunity for some great clubs to improve our games.

My info is as follows:

No official handicap yet, but average score is about 84

My 5 Club Prescription is 44° 48° 52° 56° 60° - The distances for each club seemed about right.

I would love to give this a go. I already have a 59 degree scor, but I would love to try a custom set and report about gapping. I am a 1 handcap: ghin 6533964. Anyone who reads here regularly knows I am a short game nut and testing these would be right up my alley. Also if you have read my recent thread about jacked up iron lofts and the importance of many wedges with proper gaps you should see that the scor system is something I can get behind. That being said, I am very honest and would only say the clubs were good if they performed. Here are my current wedges.

Wedges.JPG

49 degree Pelz pitching wedge with rifle spinner 6.0 shaft and Lamkin Crossline Midsize Grip. (Shadrach)

54 degree Pelz sand wedge with rifle spinner 5.5 shaft and Lamkin Crossline Midsize Grip. (Meshach)

59 degree Scor lob wedge with rifle spinner 5.0 shaft and Lamkin Crossline Midsize Grip (Abednego) The best sand club ever!

64 degree Jesse Ortiz/Dave Pelz x wedge with lots of Lead tape and Lamkin Crossline Midsize Grip. I don't know what kind of shaft it has in it. (Savior)

These get up and down from anywhere including Fiery Furnaces!

My scor fit is 42,46,50,54,58

Right hand, Genius 12 firm+ with Standard loft and lie with a midsize (4 wraps) grip.

However my 9 iron is actually bent 2 degrees weak so the actual fit should be 44,48,52,56,60.

My current wedges are 5 degree gaps so I would be interested to see if the 4 degree gaps help and if the 60 degree score will work as well as my 64.

It's all about the short game, unless you can't keep it in play!

What's in my Bag:
Driver: Adams Speedline Super LS 10.5 with Excalibur T7+ tour stiff shaft
3 Wood: Adams Speedline Super LS 13 degree with Excalibur TFW Tour stiff shaft
Hybrid: Nickent 6DT 19 degree Aldilla Voodoo NV Stiff shaft
Irons: 4-9 KZG Tour Evolution with Nippon N.S. Pro Modus 3 tour 120 x flex shafts
Wedges:49 degree Dave Pelz wedge with a Nippon N.S. Pro Modus tour 120 x flex shaft. 54,64 Dave Pelz wedges with Rifle spinner shafts 59 Degree Scor wedge with rifle spinner shaft.
Putter: Bentinardi Ben Hogan Big Ben Center shafted 33 inches with best grips custom pistol putter grip.

Ball: Titleist Pro V1X, Callaway Hex Chrome +

This would be a great product to test. I am currently a 9 handicap and I live in Southern California where golf season ends on Dec 31 and resumes Jan 1. I have gamed Cleveland wedges for a while (CG15, 54* and 58*, 2 dot is what is in the bag now) and, while I have been fit for them, I've never had anything but the stock shaft. I'm also interested in seeing what improvement the SCOR wedges can bring because, quite frankly, inside 70 yards I can be pretty brutal with the wedge game. Basically the closer to the hole I get, the worse I am until I can get the putter in my hands. And don't get me started on how I'm playing green side bunkers right now. I'm also very attached to my RBladez PW (45*) and GW (50*) so I'm curious to see if SCORFit system merits their removal from my bag. Thanks for your consideration.

SCORfit result:

LOFTS

44°

48°

52°

56°

60°

EXPECTED DISTANCE

131-135

119-123

105-109

93-97

81-85

Lofts: 44° 48° 52° 56° 60°

Custom Specifications:

Lie Adjustment: Standard

IMG_20130823_220152_731 (800x451).jpg

Driver: Callaway Epic Max LS 9.0*. (Oban Kiyoshi Purple 65)

FW: Cobra F9 3W (MC Diamana RF 60)
Hybrid:
Callaway Apex 19 2H (KBS - 85)

Hybrid: Callaway Apex 4H (MC - Kuro Kage 80 HY)
Irons: Callaway XR Steelhead 5I - AW (Project X 6.0 Steel)
Wedges: Callaway MD3 54* Standard; PM Grind 58* (Project X 5.5 Steel)
Putter: Odyssey Toulon - Atlanta (35")
Ball: Callaway Chrome Soft, Titleist Pro-V1, Whatever is in the Weeds
Resident of Southern California

Sand Trap.jpgVery simply put, I need the SCOR system. Currently 8.4 index down from 5, 2 yrs. ago and I don't like it. Will be 65 in Oct. and will carry my bag for 65 holes so it's not the "Getting old" that's the problem. Did 60 and quit but that's another story. 5'7 and 135 lbs 5soaking wet so I'm not long. 240 in a hurricane. Fairways are 85%, GIR is 60%. Sand saves are 60%, (See my backyard pic). I hit greens but not close enough. Putts average 30.5. And as you can see, I'm better at golf than forum posts. But let's concentrate on golf first. HELP!

Srixon I-506

Club Lofts Gaps

9i 42°

4°

PW 46°

6°

52°

4°

56°

Your current 8 Iron: 38°141-145 yards

Your Optimal Scoring System:

LOFTS

42° 46° 50° 54° 58°

134-138 120-124 109-113 95-99 84-88

EXPECTED DISTANCE

Your Shafts and Specifications

Because your Srixon I-506 irons were custom fit to your specs, off-the-rack wedges give you a disconnect in feel and balance. Your SCORFit recommendation reconciles our specifications to yours to enure your new SCOR4161 clubs will blend seamlessly to your irons.

Length Adjustment: -0.25

Lie Adjustment: 3 FLAT

Playing shafts in your wedges that do not match those in your irons is costing you precision feel and performance. We will build your set of SCOR4161 precision scoring clubs on the shaft that will give you a "seamless transition" in feel and balance.

Shaft: GENIUS® 10

8 Iron.jpg

So I've thought the most beautiful sight on a golf course was my shiny dome, well think again. Having this set of SCOR wedges in my bag will definitely turn heads in the staging area prior to tee off. However the real turning of heads will occur on the golf course as I am leaving myself birdie putts from within ten feet.

All joking aside I believe I would be a "TRUE TESTER" as I have been trying to lower my hanidcap to the low single digit, as it was back in college. After having a 8 year lay off from playing competive golf I am realizing the hardest aspect of the game to get back, is in the area of scoring!!! As you can expect I find myself at the golf course more than normal, which equates to some nights sleeping on the couch. Testing a set of SCOR wedges would make those nights worth it.

My current handicap index is 9.2, which in my mind makes me the perfect tester. With 80% of golfers having mid to high handicaps, having a tester in that range proves to be more benefical. Plus how can you pass up the shiny dome holding a shiny SCOR wedge???

SCORsystem.png

2013-08-24 21.11.22.png

My current index is about 16.

This will provide me opportunity to not only be a tester for the Scor clubs, provide another opportunity to see if adding a gap wedge (51*) and Lob wedge (59*) can also help my weakest part of my game, inside the 100 yards.

My current "scoring club set up"

Goody but oldie of Tommy Armour 845m, plus Eidolon 56*.

20130825_190323.jpg

And my Scor analysis shows the 5 scor club set up as follow:

Scor analysis.JPG

Driver: Snake Eye 9.5* Python XLD w/ AXE FW Regular, tipped 1"

4 Wood: Bridgestone J40 with AXE FW Stiff

Hybrid 19*, Acer XF, FST 115 Pro, stiff

Hybrid 25*, Bobby Jones, stock shaft, stiff

Irons 4-6: Tommy Armour, 845c silverback forged, R300

Irons 7-P: Tommy Armour, 845m Silverback forged, S300

Wedges: 56* Eidolon; 60* Mizuno

Putter: SC - Monterey 35", stock weight

Balls: B-Stone B330RX-S

I think I would be a great choice to test the SCORGOLF wedges. Unlike most of the post I have seen on this topic so far, I am not a single digit handicapper. Currently I have a 15 handicap. I have only been playing golf since I retired from the Air Force in February 2008. After that first round of 135, I knew I could do better. While I do have some issues with the Driver, most of my lost strokes are approach shots and around the green. Over my last 20 rounds my GIR is 25% and I average 14 shots inside 50 yards a round.So I have a lot of touch/feel shots that I'm not making consistently with my current clubs. According to SCORGOLF's site, “FEEL IS CRITICAL” and “You won't find better feeling wedges anywhere”. Sounds like they could be a perfect fit for me! If they work.

Whats in my bag?

Wishon 919THI 9.5 degree Driver with UST Axiv Green 65 S shaft

Wishon 949MC 14 degree fairway metal

Cleveland Halo 22 degree hybrid with S shaft

Wishon 560MC forged irons 4-PW with KBS shafts

Cleveland CG12 wedges, 52, 56, 60

Rife 2 Ball Hybrid putter

Now that my kids are back in school I will be able to play at least once a week and will also be practicing weekly. Living in San Antonio, weather won't keep me off the course. Making me the perfect test candidate!

I have attached a picture of my 9 iron – Lob Wedge and my SCORFIT5 club prescription. Notice that unlike most of the attached photos from previous posters I re-sized mine to 800x600. Thanks for posting www.PicMonkey.com, very easy site to use.

GolfSpy-SCORGolf_9-Lob.jpg

SCORFIT5.jpg

I repicked the game of golf up last fall and was averaging 110-120 a round. Currently, I average 95 a round (will work on getting the official handicap next year) and would love to watch those scores go down with the use of the SCOR set. From 100 yards and in I can be a bit inconsistent (read ballooning trajectories that leave myself scratching my head), my ScorFit actually explained that this is fairly common with these clubs. I would love to test out the technology (different weighting scheme for each club, V-SOLE) in these clubs and grow my game in conjunction with this fantastic looking set. I will be committed to giving these clubs the time and thorough testing that they deserve.

My current clubs (I wouldn't quite call them scoring clubs yet):

P,A,S,L

myscoringclubstake 1.jpg

And hopefully my future SCORing clubs:

scorfit.jpg

Thank you for your consideration.

My Handicap is currently 18.3 as I have had a lousy July & August.

I could really use some short game help as I constantly find myself in the rough just short of the green.

My current bag is made up of Nike VR Pro Cavity Backs with Project X 5.5 Graphite shafts and includes a PW(45*), AW(50*) & SW(55*)

FozClubs082013_zps449a2a2a.jpg

My 5 club SCORFIT is 44*, 48*, 52* 56* 60*

I like the idea of the v sole leading edge as I tend to grab my share of turf on my short irons.

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

Handicap: 17.7 and a bum shoulder

Current Set: Ping G20 driver, K15 3 & 5 woods, G15 hybrids, G10 irons (steel) iwedges (52, 56, 60)

Vacation Set: Adams Speedline 11 driver, Speedline LP fairways, A12OS hybrid, Callaway x-14 irons (graphite), Vokey wedges (52, 56, 60)

As I've never been a long hitter, I've spent considerable time cobbling together my current set to optimize what I can bring to the party. That said, lack of distance always puts extra pressure on the scoring clubs/short game to hit it close for a chance at par, so the opportunity to see what the SCOR system can do for my game would be a genuinely interesting assignment. Inasmuch as I write for a living, it's safe to say I'll be able to report back with a concise-yet-comprehensive review. (Everybody gets to decide what's funny, so we'll just leave the humor part alone for now.) We play right through November 'round these parts, and with so many courses just down the road, testing will include a wide variety of terrain, turf and weather conditions. I very much look forward to sharing the outcome with the MyGolfSpy community of gear freaks... and thanks for your consideration.

20130822_161342.jpg

scoring system.jpg

Love the idea of a scoring set and would jump at the chance to test the new SCOR golf offerings. I have had my handicap down to a 10 but I am currently playing to a 13. Things are looking up though as the kid starts full time Kindergarten in the fall.

My current scoring set consists of: two Cleveland CG 15's, at 58 and 54 degrees respectively as well as a 52 degree Cleveland CG 14 bent to 50 degrees. I didn't include my 8 iron through PW because I am not sure my Adams A7's qualify as scoring clubs!

Untitled 2.png

Living in the Lower Mainland of British Columbia and being a shift worker would afford me the opportunity to thoroughly test these irons. I currently play twice a month and pound rocks at the range once a week at a minimum. Thanks to the public school system those numbers will only go up. My Scorfit recommendation is below:

Your Optimal Scoring System (1).jpg

I enjoy reading tests from mygolfspy.com and would love the opportunity to contribute.

Archived