Testers Wanted! Callaway Ai Smoke Drivers & AutoFlex Dream 7 Driver Shafts ×

CLUB TESTERS WANTED - SCOR4161 Scoring System

Tony Covey MGS

Also, a big welcome to the new folks. Part of what these community reviews are about is expanding the MGS forum community.

So if you applied here, branch out. Post an introduction of yourself or comment in some of the threads. We have many members who have joined and stuck around after applying and we'd like to continue this trend.

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Also, a big welcome to the new folks. Part of what these community reviews are about is expanding the MGS forum community.

So if you applied here, branch out. Post an introduction of yourself or comment in some of the threads. We have many members who have joined and stuck around after applying and we'd like to continue this trend.

+100

Driver:   :callaway-small: Epic 10.5 set to 9.5 w/ Tour AD-DI 44.5

FW:   :cobra-small: F6 baffler set at 16º

Hybrid:  NONE
Irons:   :taylormade-small:  3i 2014 TP CB  4-PW 2011 TP MC w/ TT S400

Wedges:   :nike-small: 52º :nike-small: 56º  :edel-golf-1: 60 º w/ KBS C-Taper XS Soft-stepped

Putter:   :ping-small: Sigma G Tyne 34 inches Gold dot

• SPY VIP

+100

X10000

Yo #JustPlayBetter

Follow @GolfSpyMBP

Amen - very happy to have you here and hope you stay a spell.

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

I have heard a lot of really really good things about these clubs and am currently in the market for some short irons (as you can see from my picture of currently used clubs). Currently am bagging a 56 Maxfli Revolution, 52 King Cobra, and a G and P wedge from my set of Cobra Amp irons. Got my avg round down to the low 90's this year. Have been very close to my goal of shooting in the 80's, but the year is not over and am still hoping to get there! An extra wedge to fill my bag would be a great addition to help with some of the shorter shots and of course I would love an opportunity to write up my thoughts and comments along with some personalized pictures. Also very interested in testing how accurate the estimates are for distance based off my 9 iron stats. Optimal scoring system is posted below as well.

DSC00650.jpg

$F05CA0F050466CB.jpg

Driver: Taylormade R9 8.5° S

Fairway Wood: TBD
Irons: Cobra Amp 4i-9i
Wedges: SCOR 4161 43, 47, 51, 55, 59
Putter: Odyssey White Hot Rossie XG

Bag: TBD

X10000

X Infinity + 1

Driver: Titleist 915 D2 9.5 with Diamana Whiteboard S flex

3 wood: Titleist 915F 15*, Whiteboard S Flex

Titleist 915H 18* and 24* with Whiteboard SFlex

Irons: Mizuno JPX EZ Forged 4-PW with S300's

Wedges: Mizuno MP T4 50*, 56* with DG Spinner

Putter:MannKrafted Long Slope or Odyssey #7 Versa Metal milled or Betti Tour Stock;

Ball: Bridgestone B330 or Titleist NXT

Bag: Titleist 'Murica colored carry bag or

MyGolfSpy Tour Bag

RH, Western KY

Posted Image

Hello Everyone! Just thought I'd put in my bid for testing he SCOR system. Currently I am playing a lot of golf and have plenty of time to practice. Most of this practice is from 25-90 yards. Every week I play hours of games at TopGolf ( a driving range with computer chip imbedded balls and dartboard like targets) My two favorite games there are TopChip (where you aim at 25 yard, 50 yard, and 90 yard targets) and TopPressure ( where you aim at closing out different sections of a 50 yard target, kind of like cricket). I think these games are perfect tests for the SCOR system. I will also play at least 4-5 rounds with these clubs in order to get a complete review for everyone. My handicap is 16ish. Well I don't know what it is exactly but I can usually shoot under +10 in 9 holes.

My Prescription

Hand: Right Hand/RH

Lofts: 41° 45° 49° 53° 57°

Shaft: GENIUS® 12

Flex: Firm Flex

Length: -1/4"

Grip size: +2 wraps

Lie angle: standard

Here is a picture of two of my scoring clubs. One is the predecessor of the SCOR system ( notice the patented v-sole) while the other is a trusty rusty by Cobra.

image.jpg

Wow! What a fantastic opportunity. I have an Eidolon lob wedge and just love it. I have been trying to find a way to get my hands on a few Scor clubs to try them out. This looks like the perfect opportunity.

I am a member a golf club, with ready access to a range and practice facility. I am a 5.8 index and am certainly willing to put these clubs to the test.

wedges_zps6471208d.jpg

scor-results_zps8d6a9b05.jpg

<div>Driver  :callaway-small: 816 Alpha DBB 9*</div><div>Irons  :callaway-small: X-Forged 2013</div><div>Hybrids  :callaway-small: X2-Hot Pro 16*, 19* and 23*</div><div>Wedge  :callaway-small: 52-56-60 MD3</div><div>Putter  :ping-small: Ketsch</div><div>Kirkland </div><div> :titelist-small: Pro v1x </div><div> :taylormade-small: TP5</div><div> </div>

LOFTS

44° 48° 52° 56° 60°

118-122 106-110 94-98 83-87 72-76

EXPECTED DISTANCE

Hand: Right Hand/RH

Lofts: 44° 48° 52° 56° 60°

Shaft: GENIUS® 12

Flex: Regular Flex

Custom Specifications:

Length Adjustment: -0.25

Lie Adjustment: 1 FLAT

Grip Size: +2 Wraps

I would very much like to be considered for your club testing. I am in need of something to take my game to the next level. I am a 16.4 handicap and I am preparing for the club championship at the end of September. I want take my game up a notch or two and I have heard from a friend of mine that your wedges might just do the trick. If I had the money I would have them and not have to enter a contest. Thanks for considering me.

image.jpg

I believe I would make an excellent cannident, I have the time, almost everyday from 8:00 am till 2:00 every day, as I work 2nd shift and where I live there is about 6 different course with in a half hr in any direction, more an hour out.

I play about two or three times a week.

I'm a 30 handy cap as I started a year ago.

My SCOR fit perscription is

44, 48, 52, 56, 60

I currently use mizuno mp-r12

Thanks for asking us to enter and for your consideration

mizuno.JPG

My handicap usually is just north of an August afternoon's temperature in Dallas. But despite those triple digit numbers, on the thermometer and scorecard, I play once a week, if not more. That play has helped me realize the commercials on Sunday afternoon for golf balls that go “ten more yards” and drivers that can bounce those balls off nearby communication satellites don't have much to do with real golf. Ben Hogan was fussing about his scores to his wife and she quipped “Well, Ben, why don't you hit it closer to the hole?” That's exactly what the short game is about, and that's exactly why I want to try these wedges. For me to break 100 (something I'd rather do than win two Nobel prizes or get credit for inventing the peanut butter and jelly sandwich) I've either got to work on more effective cheating tactics or I need to hit it closer to the hole. Right now I have three wedges that were randomly bought and are just as randomly employed. Give me a chance with the Scor wedges and MyGolfSpy readers will get genuine feedback from someone who will work hard to fully test these clubs. As a published writer I can put the sentences together for you so that everyone can benefit from that feedback. As a bonus, who else will send in pics of Minion golf balls?

pitching%20wedge%20plus%20minions.jpg

Scor%20System%202.jpg

If you're looking for a woman's perspective, I won't be shy about giving my opinions. I've been playing golf forever, and I'm currently a 4 handicap. I retired early, so I have plenty of time for golf, but my husband has to keep working to support my habit. Right now I'm doing a ton of practicing on my short game as I'm preparing for a big tournament.

I use a couple of ancient Golfsmith wedges (sand and lob) that are definitely in need of an upgrade, along with a couple Wishon wedges -- Gap and Pitching.

wedges.jpg

My ScorFit prescription is:

scor.jpg

Some of y'all don't need new scoring irons, by looks of it you just need to clean your sticks, you can grow potatoes in some of them... :)

Hula out.

Driver:   :taylormade-small: M3 Tensei CK Pro Blue
3-Metal:: :callaway-small: GBB EPIC, FujiKura Pro Green

5-Metal:  :cobra-small: F-7, FujiKura Pro

Irons:   :mizuno-small: MP-18 SC, KBS Tour 120

Wedges:  :cleveland-small:   RTX-3  52 - 56 - 60
Putter:  EVN-Roll ER-5

Ball :  :bridgestone-small: Tour B XS

Range Finder:  Busnnell Tour-X,  Garmin S20 

Follow me:

@Hula_Rock

HaHa, LMAO, I was thinkin the same thing :lol:

Toothbrush, water, liquid soap.

Hell, not only would they look better, they might actually even perform better B)

Have a great week-end Bro

Fairways & Greens 4ever

:mizuno-small:

"have a great week-end Bro"

You too RP !!!!!

Follow me:

@Hula_Rock

Some of y'all don't need new scoring irons, by looks of it you just need to clean your sticks, you can grow potatoes in some of them... :)

Hula out.

Haha! I was noticing that too. A club can't perform properly if it's dirty and grooves don't work at all if they're packed full.

That was humorous Hula! :lol:

The first tester will be announced shortly...

after this dramatic pause!

I'm ready...... :)

Follow me:

@Hula_Rock

CONGRATS RP !!!!!!!!! you have some paint filling to do brutha !!!!!!!

Follow me:

@Hula_Rock

Congrats RP! Well deserved!

MY BAG-

Driver- Taylormade SLDR 12* (Speeder 7.2vc tour spec S)

3 Wood- Taylormade R11(bimatrix prototype S)

3 Hybrid- Ping I20(stock S)

Irons-Taylormade Tour Perferred MC ( C Taper S)

Wedges- 50, 54, and 58 SCOR4161( KBS)

Putter-Taylormade Ghost Corza.

All Left Handed!

Congrats RP,

Did you visualize becoming a tester before you were chosen? :lol:

:titleist-small: TSr2 on tensi blue stiff

:cobra-small: Speedzone 3-wood on Tensi blue S

:callaway-logo-1: Epic Max 5 and 7 woods on HZRDUS  Reg flex

:callaway-logo-1: Paradym 9 wood on HZRDUS reg flex

:taylormade-small: P770 / P790 combo set on Ventus R-6 shafts 6-AW

:mizuno-small:  T22 Denim Copper 54°, 58° on Kinetic X Trajectory 

:EVNROLL: ER3 or,

:edel-golf-1: E.A.S. #4   (“Fang” or “Adele”)

:titelist-small: ProV1x, or, Maxfli Tour X

:callaway-small: .Org 14 cart bag

Adidas Tour 360 , or Sketcher shoes

Congrats RP

Wedges:   :nike-small: 52º :nike-small: 56º  :edel-golf-1: 60 º w/ KBS C-Taper XS Soft-stepped

RP I'm just ecstatic you're feeling up to testing. This is wonderful news!

VERY wonderful news

Archived