TESTERS WANTED! ×

Year of The Yeti - Thanks MGS

The Dansome

• SPY VIP

Well it's been a little over a year since my yeti loving behind showed up around here an what a year it's been. This is not only a thank you post to MyGolfSpy and the regular members of the community, but also a PSA to the new guys out there. NEW GUYS! and gals... take note; don't be so quick to disappear after contests etc because lemme tell ya you're not only missing out on some really good people but who knows... maybe even some life changing events.

So how did this Odyssey (OEM plug) all start? The MyGolfSpy Tour Staff contest and my very ridiculed top 10 finalist entry... Yes I was hated by some but really only out of a passion and love for a site they hold so dear.

The Tour Staff Contest

http://www.mygolfspy.com/top-10-finalists-%E2%80%93-%E2%80%9Cmygolfspy-tour-staff-contest%E2%80%9D/

yetientry.jpg

C'mon I had fun with it. The only way I was going to get votes at a site where I was an unknown was to know my market and my voters. My voters were going to be my Facebook followers and I had to use my humor to capture their interest.

yeticampaigndt.jpg

oldladyhelp.jpg

Don't forget the winners folks: http://www.mygolfspy.com/tour-staff-contest-wrap-up/

So my first thanks - Thanks for your forgiveness :P

My Intro Thread

http://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/6707-hello-from-vancouver-canada/

You better all know what a ManBearPig is by now!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xf69EEL3WBk

The MBP just wanted you all to know he's human and you took me in. Thanks

The Distinguished Gentlemen's Thread

http://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/7381-the-distinguished-gentlemens-thread/

Originally titled "Hey RP Check this add out!" it was soon changed because I think RP's harem thought he was cheating on them with women more his age.

post-872-072689100%201351981448.jpg

This thread became the hub for sharing our day to day lives and although it has died out as of late I still hold it dear to heart. Because of it I have made some really good, some would say very close friends via MyGolfSpy and for this I'll always be grateful.

Thanks

You Let me Test Clubs and Keep em!

http://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/7473-taylormade-rocketbladez-irons-review/

Yup and what a honor to test for MyGolfSpy.

post-872-094707000%201352929724.gif

Thanks once again for the opportunity MyGofSpy!

The MGS Vancouver Open

http://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/7860-mygolfspy-vancouver-bc-trip-june-2013/

http://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/9087-mgs-vancouver-open-live-action-thread/

http://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/9140-vancouver-thanks-you/

Well not only did The DG thread introduce me to many a personality but opened the door to host the first MGS members event. Huge thanks to those who could make it up here and to all of you who supported us throughout.

And the Open introduced us all to another great forum personality and friend who came on as hat sponsor - Zach from BestGrips.

post-872-038809700%201370900425.jpg

Thanks for visiting my home.

I Got to Know SpyZinger

That is all

post-872-011749400%201372448730.jpg

And Finally Thanks MyGolfSpy

09828119-17fc-4760-86f9-2f55331756d2.jpg

New members take note, good things can happen around here.

So all this and more in the span of a year. Thanks to all of you who've made this place home and I look forward to many more great years ahead.

I think Rick just tweeted...

Oh and follow me on Twitter :P

https://twitter.com/GolfSpy_MBP

Yo #JustPlayBetter

Follow @GolfSpyMBP

Has it been a year already geez!

Driver:   :callaway-small: Epic 10.5 set to 9.5 w/ Tour AD-DI 44.5

FW:   :cobra-small: F6 baffler set at 16º

Hybrid:  NONE
Irons:   :taylormade-small:  3i 2014 TP CB  4-PW 2011 TP MC w/ TT S400

Wedges:   :nike-small: 52º :nike-small: 56º  :edel-golf-1: 60 º w/ KBS C-Taper XS Soft-stepped

Putter:   :ping-small: Sigma G Tyne 34 inches Gold dot

Weird to think it's only been a year, but very glad you stuck around!!

Driver: :taylormade-small: SLDR w/ Fujikura Ventus Black

3w: :taylormade-small:'16 M2 hl w/ Diamana D+ 82

5w: :cleveland-small: Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Yellow

Hybrid: :cleveland-small: 22 deg. Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Black

Irons: :cleveland-small: 5i - gap Launcher CBX w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Wedges: :cleveland-small: 54 CBX & 58 Zipcore w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Putter: :odyssey-small: Red 7s

:lol: :lol: :lol: thats great Doug Dan! It's been a great year! I followed that initial contest from afar before joining in myself and a big part of the reason why was the community aspect that makes this site different.

To another stunning year ahead!

yeticampaigndt.jpg

Just realized that Daniel Tosh made an appearance in the campaign pic. How nice of him.

Also, you had me at harem!

LOL

@bestgrips   @puttershoes

Best Grips is a second generation family business specializing in golf grips! We are the home of the only made in the USA (Texas to be specific) genuine leather golf grips and head covers. No fancy words, pictures or endorsements with BestGrips.com, just the best performing golf grips money can buy!

Check out the new site (www.bestgrips.com)!
Use "golfspy" for free shipping on all U.S. orders over $50!

What's in my BG custom club glove staff bag? Click here.

Current ball of choice: 'Stones three three zero.

It's been a fun year with some great post! Way to go MBP!

MY BAG-

Driver- Taylormade SLDR 12* (Speeder 7.2vc tour spec S)

3 Wood- Taylormade R11(bimatrix prototype S)

3 Hybrid- Ping I20(stock S)

Irons-Taylormade Tour Perferred MC ( C Taper S)

Wedges- 50, 54, and 58 SCOR4161( KBS)

Putter-Taylormade Ghost Corza.

All Left Handed!

So what can we expect from year 2?

Wedges:   :nike-small: 52º :nike-small: 56º  :edel-golf-1: 60 º w/ KBS C-Taper XS Soft-stepped

• SPY VIP

HaHa, Bro, you're killin me, LMFAO :lol:

I offered to do the post, and obviously, anything relating to computers, graphics and self maturbation, well, Danno has it all over me. So he says, "No thank you. While I like the way you write, you'll never be able to compliment, glorify & eulogize me as I am able to do myself."

HaHa, the Zinger of the Northern Country.....

LOL, well Dude, after reading this thread, you're right.

Ya told me that you wanted peeps to tell ya what a great job you've done, how glad everyone is that ya stuck around, how much you've brought to the forum & how much they are looking forward to year two B)

And I'll be damned Dude, they've done just what you said that they would!!

I can't recount the number of times that you've said, "If I post, they will follow. Like sheep in the meadow. I am their shepherd. They are in darkness, though through me, they will see the light."

Damn Dude, I thought that you were slightly narcistic. Functional, however narcistic none the less. Yet, you've done everything that you said that you were going to.

And hell, half the time I find myself heading towards the meadow, lol.

I mean, I'm the one who had a $38, 000+/year asst. go research a frickin Yeti.

And when she came back to me with her findings, all I could do was shake my head. One, for being such a dumb ass. And two, because I knew that you were indeed different, lol.

And then that damn DG thread. I'll never forget that first Saturday night, when a girl that I was dating saw the screen when I got up to get get something, and she accused me of "dating those women" as she pointed at the screen. And it was off to Mickey D's for dinner, haha. However, that was a blessing cuz though she was 34yo, she acted 24, and that started a three day tiff that gave me the excuse to head for the door, LMAO.

So, I definitely made chicken salad out of chicken sh*t on that one. And I owe that to you, lol.

And ye, I left a lot of myself in that thread, and it was the best therapy I had through a very, very trying period. Ya did good there Bro :)

And Vancouver......

I had visualized stepping off of a plane and seein Rick & Zach so often, that when it didn't happen, unlike my golf shots, where I say f*ck it, I just gotta nail this one, well, there was no "this one." That was it

And I crashed and burned. But You, Rick and I know I'm not supposed to mention her, but f*ck it, here divorce'll be final soon, and Di, picked me up.

And you know how to deal with me. No one, and I do mean no one, does it better. Thanx Bro

I didn't wanna follow Vancouver. It was sorta like sittin on the sidelines with a cast on my leg. No matter how hard they tried to make me feel like it, I wasn't part of the team.

But I couldn't stay away, haha. Between you and Rick, on Tuesday I LMFAO through the tears.

So, as one of my favorite philosophers said, "My, what a long, strange trip it has been."

And funner than hell!

And yep, I'm lookin forward to what the future holds.

And I'm looking forward to coming to Vancouver

Oh, and for those not that familiar with me, my sense of humor or Dan, though you can probably picture him saying what what I've attributed to him in quotes above, he said none of it, at least not to me or to the best of my knowledge. LMAO, I took my meds 25 minutes ago, and yep, I'm blamin them, LMAO

Deal with it

My Very Best,

Richard

Dear god until the end I thought I'd never be able to show my face around here again....

Yo #JustPlayBetter

Follow @GolfSpyMBP

Good lord, Richard, could you have (jokingly) made him sound like any more of a dick? Lol

For the first half of your post I was sure you didn't like Danno! LMFAO!

MY BAG-

Driver- Taylormade SLDR 12* (Speeder 7.2vc tour spec S)

3 Wood- Taylormade R11(bimatrix prototype S)

3 Hybrid- Ping I20(stock S)

Irons-Taylormade Tour Perferred MC ( C Taper S)

Wedges- 50, 54, and 58 SCOR4161( KBS)

Putter-Taylormade Ghost Corza.

All Left Handed!

Long live the Yeti!

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

Yea, I bet Dan was sweating bullets until the last paragraph. Haha! I knew you were full of it, but it was funny. :lol:

Where did we get you RP? The thing is...I don't think anyone kept the receipt. Don't get no refund. Nah, we wouldn't want to return you anyway. This place wouldn't be the same without you!

Tell you something about the Vancouver Open - Dan and Nidine were talking about a range of dates but when I mentioned I'd be in the area on business that week, he was all over scheduling and doing all of the legwork of organizing, scheduling and then pulling off one boffo week! Couldn't have asked for a more gracious host and hostess. Well, you could've asked, but more graciousness would have cost money and more than likely been illegal in Canada.

And what classy golf outing doesn't come with a swag bag???? Loved the chips and candy, the golf and most importantly, the company.

Hope to see youse guys again in November. Dinner's on me!

What's in the bag:

Driver:  :titelist-small:TSR3; :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR Carbon
FW Wood: :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR 3-wood; :titleist-small: TSR 2+
Hybrids:  PXG Gen4 18-degree
Utility Irons: :srixon-small: ZX MkII 20* 
Irons:;  :Sub70:699/699 Pro V2 Combo; :wilson_staff_small: D9 Forged;  :macgregor-small:MT86 (coming soon!); :macgregor-small: VIP 1025 V-Foil MB/CB; 

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: RTX6 Zipcore
Putter: :cleveland-small: HB Soft Milled 10.5;  :scotty-small: Newport Special Select;  :edel-golf-1:  Willamette,  :bettinardi-small: BB8; :wilson-small: 8802; MATI Monto

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B RXS; :srixon-small: Z-STAR Diamond; :wilson_staff_small: Triad

Stat Tracker/GPS Watch: :ShotScope:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

I cerealy enjoy your wit and humor MBP. Nice post...

Driver: Titleist 915 D2 9.5 with Diamana Whiteboard S flex

3 wood: Titleist 915F 15*, Whiteboard S Flex

Titleist 915H 18* and 24* with Whiteboard SFlex

Irons: Mizuno JPX EZ Forged 4-PW with S300's

Wedges: Mizuno MP T4 50*, 56* with DG Spinner

Putter:MannKrafted Long Slope or Odyssey #7 Versa Metal milled or Betti Tour Stock;

Ball: Bridgestone B330 or Titleist NXT

Bag: Titleist 'Murica colored carry bag or

MyGolfSpy Tour Bag

RH, Western KY

Posted Image

Great post MBP!!!!!! looking forward to another year of KAOS...

Driver:   :taylormade-small: M3 Tensei CK Pro Blue
3-Metal:: :callaway-small: GBB EPIC, FujiKura Pro Green

5-Metal:  :cobra-small: F-7, FujiKura Pro

Irons:   :mizuno-small: MP-18 SC, KBS Tour 120

Wedges:  :cleveland-small:   RTX-3  52 - 56 - 60
Putter:  EVN-Roll ER-5

Ball :  :bridgestone-small: Tour B XS

Range Finder:  Busnnell Tour-X,  Garmin S20 

Follow me:

@Hula_Rock

Where did we get you RP? The thing is...I don't think anyone kept the receipt. Don't get no refund.

We could always take him to Walmart...even if they didn't sell him, they'd give us something for him. :lol:

In the bag:
Driver: :titelist-small: TSR2 Project X HZRDUS Black 5.5
Fairway: :callaway-small: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:Ogio: Alpha Convoy 514
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Soft X

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

Dan, how do you top year 1?

In the bag:
Driver: :titelist-small: TSR2 Project X HZRDUS Black 5.5
Fairway: :callaway-small: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:Ogio: Alpha Convoy 514
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Soft X

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

I think this needs to turn into an official roast Dan thread :D

Let us not forget the debates that raged last year. And really, what has the Yeti done for any of us? Have any of the campaign promises been kept?

I did get an awesome yeti hat and thank you picture from him so the yeti has been good to me lol

LoL, Richard's kidding aside, I always look forward to your posts and threads. They are informative, entertaining and sometimes, enlightening, haha.

And Nidine is Lovely.

You are indeed the First Couple of MGS

And I know how much MGS has been a part of Richard's life over this past year, and you are a huge part of that!

Regarding the origins of the Distinguished Gentleman's thread, well, he's better off without that girl, lol

My best wishes for the upcoming year and all of those to follow.

May you receive as much joy, happiness and smiles as you bring to others!

:)

Good lord, Richard, could you have (jokingly) made him sound like any more of a dick? Lol

My thoughts exactly! Hilarious :D

:cobra-small: SpeedZone 9* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 60 S
:callaway-small: X2 Hot 3 Deep 14.5* w/ Aldila Tour Green 75 S
:taylormade-small: JetSpeed 5W 19* w/ Matrix Velox T 69 S OR :adams-small: Super LS 3H 19* w/ Kuro Kage Black 80 S
:mizuno-small: JPX919 Forged 4-PW w/ Modus3 105 S
:titelist-small: Vokey SM7 50/08F, 54/14F & 58/08M w/ Modus3 115 Wedge
:EVNROLL: ER1 34" w/ SuperStroke Fatso 2.0
MfleKCg.jpg Pro / 9dZCgaF.jpgH2NO Lite Cart Bag / :Clicgear: 3.0 / :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro LRF

My reviews: MLA Putter // Titleist SM7 // PING i500 // PuttOUT

ROTFLMFAO! Bonsey of course RP could.

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

Archived