Testers Wanted! Callaway Ai Smoke Drivers & AutoFlex Dream 7 Driver Shafts ×

NEW! Taylormade Vicino

GolfSpy_X

• SPY VIP

I think they are going to make revisions until people stop buying them Moe...from the looks of it.

ummmm ... so this is basically a revamped Spider?

Zoom-taylormade-monza-spider-belly-putter-a.jpg

#TruthDigest

I guess Taylor Made is spending too much time on drivers to come up with a new putter design. Seems that they just take the old putter designs ad revamp them slightly.

I agree... The only TM putters I like are the Kia Ma versions.

Has anyone tried a TM putter? What are your thoughts?

I agree... The only TM putters I like are the Kia Ma versions.

Has anyone tried a TM putter? What are your thoughts?

I have tried all of the models and while I'm not a fan of their mallet offerings their blade-style putters are great and roll the ball well. A buddy of mine has a Kia Ma and I would rank it right up there with Cameron in terms of feel, roll and looks.

I am rolling a Kia Ma putter and I think it has just as nice a feel as any OTR Scotty Cameron. You can find them cheap and the quality is outstanding. I have putted with TM Spider also and never had any issues. Was actually dead on from 10 feet and in. Just had some issues with longer putts.

Scotty B

I am rolling a Kia Ma putter and I think it has just as nice a feel as any OTR Scotty Cameron. You can find them cheap and the quality is outstanding. I have putted with TM Spider also and never had any issues. Was actually dead on from 10 feet and in. Just had some issues with longer putts.

Scotty B

+1 Kia Ma putters are fantastic, just don't get the respect they deserve which is ok if you are looking to buy. I prefer a more traditional look and rolled both the Daytona and Maranello, great feeling putters.

As for TM putters the AGSI+ insert is probably the only insert putter I have tried and liked :lol:

• SPY VIP

TM has just not done as good of a job of marketing I feel. When you are looked at as company that is more into mass production you have to sperate him as being a true niche putter maker.

Easier for Titleist since they started off and still are a company that already fills a niche so having a niche putter designer fits their model a little better. But I still feel like he could be much more popular with some marketing behind him similar to Scotty.

+1 Kia Ma putters are fantastic, just don't get the respect they deserve which is ok if you are looking to buy. I prefer a more traditional look and rolled both the Daytona and Maranello, great feeling putters.

As for TM putters the AGSI+ insert is probably the only insert putter I have tried and liked :lol:

#TruthDigest

I actually like a lot of the TM putter offerings (I've got an old Monza Corza centershaft around here somewhere), but I just really don't like the AGSI technology. I always feel like the distance control is very spotty. I believe I read somewhere that on longer putts (putts hit harder), more grooves come into contact with the ball which imparted more topspin. To my way of thinking (and I found this to be the case on the greens), this made putts that you hit 10% harder go 15% or 20% further. Just my two cents.

Follow me on Twitter: @MattSaternus

TM will continue to pump out new putter designs until us squirrels quit buying them. I loved my Spider until it was replaced with a Slighter Snubnose. The insert gets the ball rolling perfectly on bermuda greens here in South Texas. I actuall see these Vicino/Ghosts on the tour quite a bit. I don't mind the shape, and I like the minimal visual noise than the previous Spiders.

Cobra Connect 5 Competitor - Team Chad

• :cobra-small: King Radspeed 10.5* w/ Hzrdus RDX Blue 60 6.5 tipped 1/2" - Peacoat/Red
  • :cobra-small: King Radspeed Big Tour 3 Wood w/ Hzrdus RDX Blue 70 6.5 Tipped 1/2"
  • :cobra-small: King Radspeed Tour 5 Wood w/ Motore X F1 70 X Flex 
  • :cobra-small: King Utility 4 21* w/ Tensei Pro White 100 X Flex
  • :cobra-small: King Tour MIM Copper Irons 5-G w/ AMT White X100 Onyx
  • :cobra-small: King MIM Black Wedges 55* & 60* w/ AMT White X100 Onyx
  • :taylormade-small: Spider SR
  • :titelist-small: Pro V1x Left Dash
  • Lefty

I use primarily TM equipment but not a putter. I roll a Byron and won't change anytime soon. I've used the Kia Ma line and think it's a very nice putter but can't compete with the Byron I'm using. That being said aesthetically the Kia Ma looks great. The spider-esque line is always going to be a seller because with a ton of golfers using the SBST stroke the putter just works.

• SPY VIP

Although it is nothing new, I sort of like this version. Not a fan of the white graphics on the top of the original spider. This one looks sleeker to me. I'll hit it in the shop, but my Byron is cemented in the bag too...

Volvo Intorqueo

All the cool kids follow me on twitter: @GolfspyDave

If you are not a cool kid, following me on twitter will make you cool...

Whoa, that's hard on the eyes. I really like the Itsy Bitsy Spider. It rolls the ball so pure. Just literally swings itself. I tried the new one, the Valero or Balero or something, and the insert felt just terrible. Taylor Made should sometimes model itself after In N Out burger. Make one thing and make it extremely well. People will buy it and continue to buy it. Just look at the 2ball putter.

Current bag: Some Callaway, some Cleveland. Down to 2 OEM's!

Meh. Taylormade is doing nothing right now that interests me. They lost me sometime last year or about a thousand model variations ago. :D

Callaway FT-9 Driver 10.5* Grafalloy Prolaunch Axis Blue

Callaway FT-9 Driver 9.0* Grafalloy Prolaunch Platinum

Cobra Baffler Rail F Fairway 15.5* Fujikura Motore

Wilson FYbrid 19* UST Proforce AXIV Core

Cobra Baffler Rail H Hybrid 22* Fujikura Motore

Ping I15 Irons 5-UW AWT

Ping Tour-W 56*,60* DG Spinner

Ping Redwood ZB Putter, WRX Starshot, 35"

• SPY VIP

Whoa, that's hard on the eyes. I really like the Itsy Bitsy Spider. It rolls the ball so pure. Just literally swings itself. I tried the new one, the Valero or Balero or something, and the insert felt just terrible. Taylor Made should sometimes model itself after In N Out burger. Make one thing and make it extremely well. People will buy it and continue to buy it. Just look at the 2ball putter.

The insert in the Bolero was very junky to me too. A couple of putts in the shop and it was immediately back in the rack.

As I said above, I do like this one better. Probably will goof around with it in the shop. I want to see if the new insert feels different.

Will wait for the Kia Mia milled spider. Would be like 1500 grams.

Volvo Intorqueo

I guess Taylor Made is spending too much time on drivers to come up with a new putter design. Seems that they just take the old putter designs ad revamp them slightly.

lol that's what TM does with every product in all of their lines.

1. Design something new. (we'll call it the R11)

2. Hype the R11 up for 6 months.

3. Spend 6 months developing upgrade for R11 which isn't even on shelves yet. (see: add 2 weights to it and call it R11 Limited)

4. Release R11 to market.

5. 2 weeks after the release, put the R11 Limited out. A month after that put the R11 400cc out. 3 months later, blow the masses minds with the R11 TriQuad. (300cc driver, with 4 weights))

6. Continue to re-release unnecessary revisions of your the R11 until people couldn't tell you what version they actually have in their bag.

7. Right at the tale end of the R11's fame, release the all new R11 Anniversary Edition head with 11 weights in it.

• SPY VIP

lol that's what TM does with every product in all of their lines.

1. Design something new. (we'll call it the R11)

2. Hype the R11 up for 6 months.

3. Spend 6 months developing upgrade for R11 which isn't even on shelves yet. (see: add 2 weights to it and call it R11 Limited)

4. Release R11 to market.

5. 2 weeks after the release, put the R11 Limited out. A month after that put the R11 400cc out. 3 months later, blow the masses minds with the R11 TriQuad. (300cc driver, with 4 weights))

6. Continue to re-release unnecessary revisions of your the R11 until people couldn't tell you what version they actually have in their bag.

7. Right at the tale end of the R11's fame, release the all new R11 Anniversary Edition head with 11 weights in it.

LOL

I think that you forgot the patriotic version with interchangeable red, white, and blue hosels. :)

Volvo Intorqueo

• SPY VIP

Your also forgetting the great HYPE videos they do with the pros that they make seem like they are not actual staged productions. The consumers eat those up.

LOL

I think that you forgot the patriotic version with interchangeable red, white, and blue hosels. :)

#TruthDigest

• SPY VIP

Your also forgetting the great HYPE videos they do with the pros that they make seem like they are not actual staged productions. The consumers eat those up.

205 five iron off the toe?

Volvo Intorqueo

Archived