Testers Announced! Callaway Paradym Ai Smoke Drivers and Autoflex Dream 7 Shafts! ×

Scapula Sprain

Been playing a "TON" of golf within the last three weeks, 6 rounds in 4 days in Vegas, 5 rounds in 4 days Myrtle Beach and a couple of rounds here and there locally.

Woke up one morning and it felt like my should blade muscle was torn. Horrible pain !!!! So after spending a couple of hours in the Emergency room, and without any X-Rays performed I was diagnosed with a Scapula Sprain on the left side. Doctor, "informed" me that it is a common injury among golfers especially on the lead shoulder, left shoulder for right handed player.

Left the Doctors office with a prescription of Narco (Hydrocodone/Acetaminophen) and Naproxen. NO GOLF FOR 6-8 WEEKS?

Has anyone ever experienced this ?

Driver:   :taylormade-small: M3 Tensei CK Pro Blue
3-Metal:: :callaway-small: GBB EPIC, FujiKura Pro Green

5-Metal:  :cobra-small: F-7, FujiKura Pro

Irons:   :mizuno-small: MP-18 SC, KBS Tour 120

Wedges:  :cleveland-small:   RTX-3  52 - 56 - 60
Putter:  EVN-Roll ER-5

Ball :  :bridgestone-small: Tour B XS

Range Finder:  Busnnell Tour-X,  Garmin S20 

Follow me:

@Hula_Rock

Looks like you need to find a new doctor. One that says "No golf for six weeks, except for September 21 & 22."

:ping-small: G430LST 10.5° on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Driver 

:ping-small: G430MAX 3w  on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Fairway 

:ping-small: G425 3H on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Hybrid 

:ping-small: G425 4H on :kbs: TGH 80S 

:ping-small: i525 5-U on :kbs: TGI 90S 

:titleist-small: SM8 54 & 60 on :kbs: Wedge 

:L.A.B.:DF2.1 on :accra: White

:titelist-small: ProV1  

:918457628_PrecisionPro: Precision Pro  NX7 Pro

All Iron grips are BestGrips Micro-Perforated Mid

I get that pain as well,I just rest it Saturday after golf to Saturday before golf. lol

Does this mean no trip to canyon country?

MY BAG-

Driver- Taylormade SLDR 12* (Speeder 7.2vc tour spec S)

3 Wood- Taylormade R11(bimatrix prototype S)

3 Hybrid- Ping I20(stock S)

Irons-Taylormade Tour Perferred MC ( C Taper S)

Wedges- 50, 54, and 58 SCOR4161( KBS)

Putter-Taylormade Ghost Corza.

All Left Handed!

going to see how in goes this weekend, plan on resting it this week. I still plan on the trip both to East Texas and LA.

Follow me:

@Hula_Rock

Thanks RP for the insight. Pain is "disappearing" day by day, came off the Narco and only take one Naproxen a day. Watching a bunch of football this weekend, so we will see how it goes. I have an appointment with an "ortho" thursday....

How did you damage your shoulder? golf related ?

Follow me:

@Hula_Rock

The only thing with the Ibuprofen(Naproxen), and I'm sure that your doc told you and that is that unlike a narcotic(Oxycodone or Hydrocodone), which is taken "as needed" for pain control, the Naproxen is taken on a regular basis 2 to 3 times a day(definitely following a meal or with something in your stomach) and it is taken as an anti-inflamitory, to reduce inflamation of the injured area.

While pain reduction will occur secondary to the reduction of inflamation, many people take the Naproxen incorrectly, basically like they were instructed to take the narcotic, "as needed," which is incorrect and doesn't allow the Naproxen to do it's full job in reducung inflamation.

It should be taken on a regular basis, as it's contents accumulates in the body(the injured ares) and "releases" into the traumatized, inflamed area to reduce the inflamation and thus reducing pain.

Fairways & Greens My Friend

My Best,

Richard

Thanks RP!!!!

Did not know that..... about the Naproxen. I was under the impression that it was also used for pain but after reading the dosage (250 mg) it makes more sense. I have an ortho appointment this Thursday, pain is still there with less intensity. Hard to describe the pain, Feels like someone is digging there knuckle right smack dab into the trigger points between my scapula and spine. Pain comes and goes which is frustrating.......

Follow me:

@Hula_Rock

I got this once back in 2009. I was sleeping on my left shoulder and then down the road I got this intense pain on my scapula and I had to quit mid-round because it hurt so much as was impossible to swing the club. For me, I just rested it for about 2-3 weeks until the pain went away.

YR

Author of Pro Golf Synopsis. The Moneyball approach to golf strategy and analysis.Driver: Wishon 919THI, 10° loft, UST Mamiya VTS Red 7x, 44-3/8” long, 2,825 kg/cm^2 MOIGONZO WOOD: confidential2-Hybrid: Mizuno Fli-HiCLK, 17° loft, 40-7/8" KBS Tour Hybrid shaft (stiff)3-Hybrid: Mizuno Fli-HiCLK, 20° loft, 40" KBS Tour Hybrid shaft (stiff)4-6 iron: Wishon 575MMC (CB)7-PW: Wishon 575MMC (MB)SW: Edel Golf driver grind, 52° loft, 16° bounce, Nippon WV 125 shaft.LW: Edel Golf Digger Grind, 60° loft, 27° bounce, Nippon WV 125 ShaftPutter: Edel Golf Columbia Custom Made, 35" long, 72° lie angle, 3° loft. Ball: Titleist Pro V1xGrips: PURE Grips P2 Wrap (red)Shoes: FootJoy Dry-Joy (black, size 14)3Jack's Golf Blog - http://3jack.blogspot.com

I got this once back in 2009. I was sleeping on my left shoulder and then down the road I got this intense pain on my scapula and I had to quit mid-round because it hurt so much as was impossible to swing the club. For me, I just rested it for about 2-3 weeks until the pain went away.

YR

Pain Cripples a man..... I will know today, ORTHO appointment

Follow me:

@Hula_Rock

Good luck!

Driver:   :callaway-small: Epic 10.5 set to 9.5 w/ Tour AD-DI 44.5

FW:   :cobra-small: F6 baffler set at 16º

Hybrid:  NONE
Irons:   :taylormade-small:  3i 2014 TP CB  4-PW 2011 TP MC w/ TT S400

Wedges:   :nike-small: 52º :nike-small: 56º  :edel-golf-1: 60 º w/ KBS C-Taper XS Soft-stepped

Putter:   :ping-small: Sigma G Tyne 34 inches Gold dot

I honestly think you could have just gone to a chiropractor. Have him put some electric stimulation on the area and rest it for 2-3 weeks.

3JACK

Author of Pro Golf Synopsis. The Moneyball approach to golf strategy and analysis.Driver: Wishon 919THI, 10° loft, UST Mamiya VTS Red 7x, 44-3/8” long, 2,825 kg/cm^2 MOIGONZO WOOD: confidential2-Hybrid: Mizuno Fli-HiCLK, 17° loft, 40-7/8" KBS Tour Hybrid shaft (stiff)3-Hybrid: Mizuno Fli-HiCLK, 20° loft, 40" KBS Tour Hybrid shaft (stiff)4-6 iron: Wishon 575MMC (CB)7-PW: Wishon 575MMC (MB)SW: Edel Golf driver grind, 52° loft, 16° bounce, Nippon WV 125 shaft.LW: Edel Golf Digger Grind, 60° loft, 27° bounce, Nippon WV 125 ShaftPutter: Edel Golf Columbia Custom Made, 35" long, 72° lie angle, 3° loft. Ball: Titleist Pro V1xGrips: PURE Grips P2 Wrap (red)Shoes: FootJoy Dry-Joy (black, size 14)3Jack's Golf Blog - http://3jack.blogspot.com

Official Diagnosis: cervical radiculopathy, common among us golfers...

3-4 Weeks of Rehab.... :(

Follow me:

@Hula_Rock

• 1 month later...

So after taking a "break" 6 weeks to be exact,  I have been cleared to play.  Just had a Cervical Steriod Injection at the C7 level on my Cervical Spine yesterday, Ortho Doctor said to give a day, and see how it goes this weekend.  This is going to be interesting,  I have only pitched and putted a couple of times, bagged a new Driver, Irons and new ball.....

Follow me:

@Hula_Rock

Ooo what's the new equipment?

Driver:   :callaway-small: Epic 10.5 set to 9.5 w/ Tour AD-DI 44.5

FW:   :cobra-small: F6 baffler set at 16º

Hybrid:  NONE
Irons:   :taylormade-small:  3i 2014 TP CB  4-PW 2011 TP MC w/ TT S400

Wedges:   :nike-small: 52º :nike-small: 56º  :edel-golf-1: 60 º w/ KBS C-Taper XS Soft-stepped

Putter:   :ping-small: Sigma G Tyne 34 inches Gold dot

Hula-

Let me know if you need any rehab exercises.  I have a series of them that I use for my athletes depending on what type of shoulder/rotator cuff problems they endure.  I also have a set of warm up/rotational exercises that I use for my QB's, baseball players and field athletes.  I too, like RP have a bum shoulder.   Right shoulder has a partially torn labrum, slight tear to the rotator cuff and my AC joint glows bright red on the MRI due to the build up of arthritis in it :)  Holding off surgery and I can still workout and play but also rehab about 4 days per week on my own and have had to greatly modify my workouts.

Twitter @angrygolfhulk

Instagram angrygolfhulkDriver-Callaway Razr Fit 9.5* Stiff3 Wood-Taylormade R9 15* StiffHybrids 3,4,5 Rocketballz RegIrons 6-Gap Rocketballz RegSW-Cobra Trusty Rusty 55*LW-Taylormade Rac Black 60*Putter-Odyssey Sabertooth 33"Back up irons-Taylormade Rac Muscleback Forged 5-GW Rifle Shafts 6.0

Hula-

Let me know if you need any rehab exercises.  I have a series of them that I use for my athletes depending on what type of shoulder/rotator cuff problems they endure.  I also have a set of warm up/rotational exercises that I use for my QB's, baseball players and field athletes.  I too, like RP have a bum shoulder.   Right shoulder has a partially torn labrum, slight tear to the rotator cuff and my AC joint glows bright red on the MRI due to the build up of arthritis in it :)  Holding off surgery and I can still workout and play but also rehab about 4 days per week on my own and have had to greatly modify my workouts.

PM Sent !!!!!  thanks Hulk

Follow me:

@Hula_Rock

Sent reply. No prob at all buddy

Twitter @angrygolfhulk

Instagram angrygolfhulkDriver-Callaway Razr Fit 9.5* Stiff3 Wood-Taylormade R9 15* StiffHybrids 3,4,5 Rocketballz RegIrons 6-Gap Rocketballz RegSW-Cobra Trusty Rusty 55*LW-Taylormade Rac Black 60*Putter-Odyssey Sabertooth 33"Back up irons-Taylormade Rac Muscleback Forged 5-GW Rifle Shafts 6.0

Archived