TESTERS WANTED! ×

Callaway X Utility weights

Blade

OK, so I have a Cally 18° X Utility which I really like. It's much more dependable for me than a 3 wood has been in the past. Anyway, I've been experimenting with adding weight to my clubs. For the most part adding some helps me. I still need to find how much is just right and how much is too much.

Anyway, for the purpose of experimenting, I had a roll of high density lead tape laying around. It works nicely to wrap it around the hosel. 4" of it is one gram. Adding a couple grams to that club smooths me out and helps me feel it better during the swing.

Well that club has a removable weight in the sole. It was said early on that the weight port could hold a 2,4,6 or 8 gram weight. What's the logical conclusion to that? Certainly, that the weights would be available to change out to your preference. Well, apparently, that would just make too much sense.

I sent a message to Callaway through their website asking about the weights. A couple of weeks later I got a response that said, "The clubhead weights of Callaway's Tour Authentic X Utility Prototype irons cannot be adjusted."!

So I'm thinking, that can't be right. So I called the Customer Service number they provided to talk to someone. He said they were not made to be changed and they do not sell the weights at all. The weights unscrew with a Torx head driver. It's not a permanent built-in weight or anything. So why on earth would a company design an interchangeable weight system into a club, tell you what different weights can be placed in it, but tell you they will not provide any different weights than what came in it? That makes no sense.

I don't think the weights for their drivers will fit. Has anyone found weights available that will fit?

• 6 years later...