Testers Wanted! Callaway Ai Smoke Drivers & AutoFlex Dream 7 Driver Shafts ×

Jim Furyk's - 59 Scorecard

GolfSpy_X

An excellent round. Still does not make him President's Cup material this year. If he can finish in the lead, I will come back and say apparently I was wrong about him. But he has not been able to play well enough on a Sunday to merit a captain's pick, not that it matters now, too little too late.

:ping-small: G430LST 10.5° on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Driver 

:ping-small: G430MAX 3w  on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Fairway 

:ping-small: G425 3H on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Hybrid 

:ping-small: G425 4H on :kbs: TGH 80S 

:ping-small: i525 5-U on :kbs: TGI 90S 

:titleist-small: SM8 54 & 60 on :kbs: Wedge 

:L.A.B.:DF2.1 on :accra: White

:titelist-small: ProV1  

:918457628_PrecisionPro: Precision Pro  NX7 Pro

All Iron grips are BestGrips Micro-Perforated Mid

Furyk's 59 was very very impressive. Under those conditions. Dude was on fire and very precision like.

I don't know if it was me, but even under the pressure of what he was doing he seemed a lot less fidgety than normal...which is a good thing of course.

What's in my Sun Mountain 3.5 Deluxe Bag?

Driver - Callaway Razr Fit, 9.5 degree loft, standard face setting, fade bias weighting, Matrix Ozik HD6 Stiff shaft, tipped 1 inch

3 Wood - Callaway Razr Fit 15 degree loft, open face setting, stiff shaft

Irons 3 to PW - Titleist 712MB with KBS Tour Stiff steel shafts

3 to 5 iron - .5 degree flat; 2 degrees stronger

6 to PW - 1.5 degree flat; 3 degrees stronger

Mizuno MP-R12 54 degree - 62.5 degree lie; 53 degree loft; now 8 degree bounce

Mizuno MP-R12 58 degree - 62.5 degree lie; 57 degree loft; now 9 degree bounce

Titleist Vokey 64 degree - 62.5 degree lie; 62 degree loft; now 5 degree bounce

Putter - Odyssey Metal X 9

Ball - Callaway Chrome +

My Golf Site

Golfin Dude, I was just thinking about you, and that I did not remember hearing from you since Sunday.

As far as Furyk goes, I did not have to revive this thread and write an apology for him not going in the tank on Sunday (Monday). I like Furyk and the 59 was awesome but still think the decision to pass on him for the President's Cup was the right one. Once again, he has one more opportunity to prove me wrong come this Sunday.

:ping-small: G430LST 10.5° on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Driver 

:ping-small: G430MAX 3w  on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Fairway 

:ping-small: G425 3H on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Hybrid 

:ping-small: G425 4H on :kbs: TGH 80S 

:ping-small: i525 5-U on :kbs: TGI 90S 

:titleist-small: SM8 54 & 60 on :kbs: Wedge 

:L.A.B.:DF2.1 on :accra: White

:titelist-small: ProV1  

:918457628_PrecisionPro: Precision Pro  NX7 Pro

All Iron grips are BestGrips Micro-Perforated Mid

I think it's been longer than that. I've been dealing with some health issues since saturday. Maybe friday. All fun and games...haha...

And i think it was still the wrong decision. He'd get them 3 or 4 points for sure. He may not be the guy to put in the last or second to last group on sunday to finish it off but either is Webb right now.

Time will tell.

Golfin Dude, I was just thinking about you, and that I did not remember hearing from you since Sunday.

As far as Furyk goes, I did not have to revive this thread and write an apology for him not going in the tank on Sunday (Monday). I like Furyk and the 59 was awesome but still think the decision to pass on him for the President's Cup was the right one. Once again, he has one more opportunity to prove me wrong come this Sunday.

Driver - Callaway Razr Fit, 9.5 degree loft, standard face setting, fade bias weighting, Matrix Ozik HD6 Stiff shaft, tipped 1 inch

Ball - Callaway Chrome +

My Golf Site

That was with a bogie? Damn

Yes, on a 3-putt.

He hit every fairway and missed only 1 green.

He had 13 birdie putts inside 20 feet and made 10 of them. He also holed out from about 100 yards on #15 for eagle.

The average score for the round, when you take out Furyk's score was 72.3. The second lowest score for the day was a 65.

On #8, his 17th hole...a par-5, he found the greenside bunker on his 2nd shot. He got a bad lie from the bunker and could only put his shot to 17 feet.

This could have easily been a 57.

3JACK

Author of Pro Golf Synopsis. The Moneyball approach to golf strategy and analysis.Driver: Wishon 919THI, 10° loft, UST Mamiya VTS Red 7x, 44-3/8” long, 2,825 kg/cm^2 MOIGONZO WOOD: confidential2-Hybrid: Mizuno Fli-HiCLK, 17° loft, 40-7/8" KBS Tour Hybrid shaft (stiff)3-Hybrid: Mizuno Fli-HiCLK, 20° loft, 40" KBS Tour Hybrid shaft (stiff)4-6 iron: Wishon 575MMC (CB)7-PW: Wishon 575MMC (MB)SW: Edel Golf driver grind, 52° loft, 16° bounce, Nippon WV 125 shaft.LW: Edel Golf Digger Grind, 60° loft, 27° bounce, Nippon WV 125 ShaftPutter: Edel Golf Columbia Custom Made, 35" long, 72° lie angle, 3° loft. Ball: Titleist Pro V1xGrips: PURE Grips P2 Wrap (red)Shoes: FootJoy Dry-Joy (black, size 14)3Jack's Golf Blog - http://3jack.blogspot.com

Funny you say that because I think on his 13th or 14th hole...can't remember...I was thinking exactly the same thing. At least a 58, which would have been very cool. He birdies his 17th hole and I think we would have seen a 58 out of him.

Yes, on a 3-putt.

He hit every fairway and missed only 1 green.

He had 13 birdie putts inside 20 feet and made 10 of them. He also holed out from about 100 yards on #15 for eagle.

The average score for the round, when you take out Furyk's score was 72.3. The second lowest score for the day was a 65.

On #8, his 17th hole...a par-5, he found the greenside bunker on his 2nd shot. He got a bad lie from the bunker and could only put his shot to 17 feet.

This could have easily been a 57.

3JACK

Ball - Callaway Chrome +

My Golf Site

Archived