Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

Why do you visit golf sites and forums?

RoverRick

I was determined that I was going to use a Scratch 58* wedge instead of my Vokey 56 & 60* wedges. This would open up more space at the top of the bag on longer courses. For some reason, I could not hit this wedge for crap. I spent the weekend Googling Scratch Wedges and visiting various blogs and forums. Eventually, yesterday, I discovered the lie angle was 2* flat with mine and that is the problem. It had nothing to do with the grind or style or anything else.

But I wondered when I look down and see that 386 people on this site right now, 24 members and 362 guests and I wonder what are you trying to find out, and why you do not become a member. On the other sites I visited, I did not become a member because I was already a member here and chat all the time. I am also a member of another forum but have less than 10 posts.

Why are you here? And join the conversation.

:ping-small: G430LST 10.5° on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Driver 

:ping-small: G430MAX 3w  on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Fairway 

:ping-small: G425 3H on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Hybrid 

:ping-small: G425 4H on :kbs: TGH 80S 

:ping-small: i525 5-U on :kbs: TGI 90S 

:titleist-small: SM8 54 & 60 on :kbs: Wedge 

:L.A.B.:DF2.1 on :accra: White

:titelist-small: ProV1  

:918457628_PrecisionPro: Precision Pro  NX7 Pro

All Iron grips are BestGrips Micro-Perforated Mid

I'm here cuz of you guys. I love you guys man! Sniff, sniff. :lol:

Pretty much what blade said lol

Driver:   :callaway-small: Epic 10.5 set to 9.5 w/ Tour AD-DI 44.5

FW:   :cobra-small: F6 baffler set at 16º

Hybrid:  NONE
Irons:   :taylormade-small:  3i 2014 TP CB  4-PW 2011 TP MC w/ TT S400

Wedges:   :nike-small: 52º :nike-small: 56º  :edel-golf-1: 60 º w/ KBS C-Taper XS Soft-stepped

Putter:   :ping-small: Sigma G Tyne 34 inches Gold dot

On the other sites I visited, I did not become a member because I was already a member here and chat all the time. I am also a member of another forum but have less than 10 posts.

I have visited other sites but don't join because I have MGS to ask questions and chat. Plus on this sight compared to others, you know people better.

Ditto, it's the peeps here. I am member on no other golf related site ( several motorcycle related, primarily vintage vespa related, and a few bicycle related )

Dru - Owner, President & Janitor, Druware Software Designs

RH 13.1 Handicap in soggy Georgia 

WITB
* 1W 10.5* @ PXG 0211 ( HZRDUS Smoke Black X-Stiff )
* 3W PXG 0211 ( HZRDUS Smoke Black X-Stiff ) 
* 5W 18* Tailor-made AeroBurner ( Stock Stiff )
* 7W  Sub70 949x ( HZRDUS Smoke Black X-Stiff )
* 5i-PW @ PXG 0211 ( Gen 1 )
* 52 @ Hogan Equalizer
* 56 @ Sub70 
* 60 @ Hogan Equalizer
* Carbon Ringo 1/4
* Vice Pro Plus

Well, may nom de plume comes for RangeRoverRick from the Land Rover site I am a member of. I was a member there first and created the name. I have not participated there in quite some time. I did join another golf site last week and invited more people to the Texas Open, and we may have a couple on Saturday afternoon, but I really do not want to spend the time learning to post all the pics and crap on another site. It is not like there are instructions anywhere that tell you how to do it.

Been around golf forums since 1999 and my intent has always been the same. To learn more, get to know more people and hopefully be able to help others with what I've learned and ideally if I was in your city or you mine; to be able to get together and play some golf or go to lunch etc.

I've made some very good friends over the years that if I hadn't of taken this approach,I would never know them.

My first stop everyday here is the Fashion section, love it, but that's just me. I get my golf fix in, look at the reviews, new equipment, love the photos and the people. that's why I am here and will always be ( God willing )!!

John Barry

Bring the Funk, Back to Golf

The Golfer's Trip

I came for the reviews... But I stayed for a community of crazy passionate golfers.

If we were all there! We wouldn't all be here!

MY BAG-

Driver- Taylormade SLDR 12* (Speeder 7.2vc tour spec S)

3 Wood- Taylormade R11(bimatrix prototype S)

3 Hybrid- Ping I20(stock S)

Irons-Taylormade Tour Perferred MC ( C Taper S)

Wedges- 50, 54, and 58 SCOR4161( KBS)

Putter-Taylormade Ghost Corza.

All Left Handed!

Sneak peeks on new stuff, reviews, classifieds, and to BS with you guys and gals...

Driver: Titleist 915 D2 9.5 with Diamana Whiteboard S flex

3 wood: Titleist 915F 15*, Whiteboard S Flex

Titleist 915H 18* and 24* with Whiteboard SFlex

Irons: Mizuno JPX EZ Forged 4-PW with S300's

Wedges: Mizuno MP T4 50*, 56* with DG Spinner

Putter:MannKrafted Long Slope or Odyssey #7 Versa Metal milled or Betti Tour Stock;

Ball: Bridgestone B330 or Titleist NXT

Bag: Titleist 'Murica colored carry bag or

MyGolfSpy Tour Bag

RH, Western KY

Posted Image

Partially for the golf reviews etc, but mostly to see what North Americans were actually like so I knew what to expect when I move there ... :P

We arent that crazy lol

Wedges:   :nike-small: 52º :nike-small: 56º  :edel-golf-1: 60 º w/ KBS C-Taper XS Soft-stepped

Well I actually enjoy it here. I have never met anyone from this forum face to face but I feel I know a lot of you. I have picked up quite a few tips not only on golf but life in general. On here I am not afraid to state my honest opinion whether it be right or wrong. I got kicked off another golf forum for stating honest opinions about some golf courses in the Myrtle Beach area. Funny thing about that though 2 of the courses have closed down 2 have been taken over by new management groups. One thing about on here you will get an honest opinion from Golf Spy and others on staff and they do not bow down to manufacturers etc. This is the ONLY golf blog I visit now

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

We arent that crazy lol

Ohh Mr Theoo evidently you have not been around a bunch of crazy redneck hippies like me but we are good people just nutty and wild

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

Ohh Mr Theoo evidently you have not been around a bunch of crazy redneck hippies like me but we are good people just nutty and wild

Lol I lived in Tennessee for 7 years and am from a small country town in Ohio. I've seen my fair share of rednecks. People used to drive their tractors to school for senior day in high school

I'm here cause everyone on the other site hits the ball 350, is scratch and chills with tour pros on weekends.

Twitter @angrygolfhulk

Instagram angrygolfhulkDriver-Callaway Razr Fit 9.5* Stiff3 Wood-Taylormade R9 15* StiffHybrids 3,4,5 Rocketballz RegIrons 6-Gap Rocketballz RegSW-Cobra Trusty Rusty 55*LW-Taylormade Rac Black 60*Putter-Odyssey Sabertooth 33"Back up irons-Taylormade Rac Muscleback Forged 5-GW Rifle Shafts 6.0

It all started in my search for quality reviews of irons I was looking for... I finally pulled the trigger on the Wilsons and joined this little group because I knew there had to be some quality people behind the scenes... I also really liked that winning some gear seemed like a realistic hope, and I was NOT disappointed. The objectivity in reviews here is unparalleled.

Driver: TaylorMade R9 9.5* with a Diamana Kai'li 70 S shaft

Fairway: TaylorMade R9 TP 13* with Graphite Design Tour AD YSQ-st X flex

UtilityWilson Staff FYbrid 19.5* Aldila RIP Sigma Stiff

Irons: Wilson Staff FG Tour V2 KBS Tour X flex 4-pw (soft-stepped)

Wedges: Wilson Staff FG Tour TC 50* (standard grind, bent to 51*) TT DG Spinner, 56* and 60* (tour grinds, bent to 55* and 59*) Dynamic Gold Wedge flex

Putter: Yes! Abbie Tour Forged Pro Series 33" 

Ball: Wilson Staff FG Tour, Maxfli U4

Bag: Wilson Staff NeXus 100th Anniversary carry bag

Backup Irons: Wilson Staff FG-17 Tour Blades with TT Dynamic Stiff 3-PW

Backup Utility: Mizuno MP-H4 2 iron TT Dynamic Gold R300

Backup Putter: Pro Gear CG 100 33" (Pro Gear is what turned into Yes!)

Lol I lived in Tennessee for 7 years and am from a small country town in Ohio. I've seen my fair share of rednecks. People used to drive their tractors to school for senior day in high school

Yep I would say that would qualify. Seriously over the years I have been all over this great country of ours and rednecks are everywhere no matter the geographic location. I have a friend of mine in Conn. who was born and raised up there and he is as big of a redneck as I am

G

I come to MyGolfSpy because there are threads that don't have to do with Tiger. Plus I don't feel like there are any shenanigans here. All of you guys seem like you want to be on the site to contribute rather than waiting for some OEM giveaway like they do on the other sites. I never really was a fan of buying readers throw giveaways. Hurts the content.

I come to MyGolfSpy because there are threads that don't have to do with Tiger. Plus I don't feel like there are any shenanigans here. All of you guys seem like you want to be on the site to contribute rather than waiting for some OEM giveaway like they do on the other sites. I never really was a fan of buying readers throw giveaways. Hurts the content.

Well said my friend

G

Well said, but this reminded me that I am a member of another site. An OEM site and I get 3 golf balls every two years to test and report back to them. I also get a newsletter from them And I have 25 or 30 of them unopened in my deleted box.

These have been great responses to this thread. Thanks for the participation.

Leaving in 17 minutes for the Texas Open (Mudfest 2014).

Archived