Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

Ashworth Presidents Cup Apparel

Tony Covey MGS

• SPY VIP

As it turns out Ashworth is the Official Apparel Sponsor of the Presidents Cup, and so because mostly that's what Ashworth does, they sent me out a sample of some of what the USA Guys will be wearing.

Ashworth has been the butt of many a jokes (some of the pretty clever actually) around here. The general gist is that Ashworth makes boxy cut clothing for boring old men (and slightly more interesting old men like Freddy Couples). While I probably wouldn't argue with the broader assessment, if you look at the progression from the beginning of the season until now, things are improving.

The TMaG Empire as it were has big plans for the Ashworth brand. I suppose you could call it a rejuvenation project of sorts. I'm not at liberty to discuss the specifics - mostly because when apparel guys speak about what they're going for, some of it...most of it doesn't make any sense...

"We're going for a westward breeze under a cherry blossom tree while sipping Sangria, on a cloudy Tuesday kinda vibe...rich purple and emerald tones"

And I'm all...dude, it's a shirt.

Not that's definitely not what I was told about Ashworth, but it illustrates that what you and I see as shirt and a sweater is actually part of a larger branding effort.

While the Presidents Cup stuff doesn't begin to tell the whole of where Ashworth is heading (and lets face it, it's hard to get excited about a sweater), the more athletic cut of the polo offers a hint of where the brand could be heading.

Beyond that, it's very much a team USA vibe (red, navy, white), with nary a suggestion of a westward breeze. 

Finally...because this is Ashworth, and because they sponsor Freddy Couples, and because the Presidents Cup is kind of a big deal (Ryder Cup Lite if you will), there's a hashtag for all you twitterers. #infredwetrust

Ashworth Presidents Cup-1.jpg

Ashworth Presidents Cup-2.jpg

Ashworth Presidents Cup-3.jpg

Ashworth Presidents Cup-4.jpg

Ashworth Presidents Cup-5.jpg

Ashworth Presidents Cup-6.jpg

Ashworth Presidents Cup-7.jpg

Ashworth Presidents Cup-8.jpg

Ashworth Presidents Cup-9.jpg

Ashworth Presidents Cup-10.jpg

Ashworth Presidents Cup-11.jpg

MyGolfSpy is only major golf site that refuses advertising from large golf companies. With your support we can keep it that way. Donate Today

Subscribe to the MyGolfSpy Newsletter

Doesn't look as bad as I figured it would. Thanks for sharing.

Not a brand I have to work with but after sitting through plenty of prelines I can relate to your "sipping Sangria" branding message. lol

Titleist Long Sticks

Mizuno Irons

Bettinardi Flatstick

Srixon Balls

• SPY VIP

The ashworth/adidas PR guy just sent over the rest of the scripting.

Ashworth_PresidentsCup_Scripting.jpg

MyGolfSpy is only major golf site that refuses advertising from large golf companies. With your support we can keep it that way. Donate Today

Subscribe to the MyGolfSpy Newsletter

The ashworth/adidas PR guy just sent over the rest of the scripting.

I'm actually suprised it's that clasic and clean.  Great job. 

Can't wait to see what Peter Miller does for the Euro chaps and chicks (they are outfiting the girlfriends also). 

Titleist Long Sticks

Mizuno Irons

Bettinardi Flatstick

Srixon Balls

For the President's Cup......definitley like the clean, crisp look of the 'ole Red, White & Blue!

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

Archived