Hi Heidi, I don't know if you're at ten yet, but I would like to give it a go, if any slots are left.

I would love for you to try it out.  Can you send me your email address.  Send to heidistriker@gmail.com.  thanks

Oh, I'm at

Sluggo42 at yahoo dot com

I also have the new iOS 7.0.2 on a 4S iPhone... I currently use golfshot...

Thanks

Hey Sluggo, since you mentioned it, let me tell you why I think we are better than Golfshot ( which is the leader in the market )

1.  The user interface makes it so you never have to leave the satellite screen to enter your scores or stats

2.  The keyboard entry is easier to enter scores and stats than the scroll

3.  It is faster

4.  It saves better on your battery

5.  The gps screen is less cluttered since all you need is front/middle/back distances and then the touchpoint arrows to find any layup distances

6.  It has social features so you can share your catastrophes with your friends

7.  The copyright pending keyboard calculates match play, ryder cup games, and all with your course handicaps

.... need I go on?  :)

Hey Sluggo, since you mentioned it, let me tell you why I think we are better than Golfshot ( which is the leader in the market )

1.  The user interface makes it so you never have to leave the satellite screen to enter your scores or stats

2.  The keyboard entry is easier to enter scores and stats than the scroll

3.  It is faster

4.  It saves better on your battery

5.  The gps screen is less cluttered since all you need is front/middle/back distances and then the touchpoint arrows to find any layup distances

6.  It has social features so you can share your catastrophes with your friends

7.  The copyright pending keyboard calculates match play, ryder cup games, and all with your course handicaps

.... need I go on?   :)

Dang, you're gonna make me want to try it after all.  ksknifer at gmail dot com.

So far, so good with this app.  Had no issues with the iPhone OS7 update -- updated before I downloaded, so that may have something to do with it.  Found it very easy to use, especially the scorecard feature.  Did have some battery issues, but I believe that it's more my battery than the app itself.  

Thanks for all your help Heidi -- will be using it again today!!

I will give her a whirl tomorrow. I am totally dependent upon my phone program for distances and scoring, so this might be great for me.

Especially less battery usage, I even have an external battery pack, a mophie, but that's getting a bit worn out too..

Now if only some app would charge the batteries during use, then we'd have a winner! Haha

So far, so good with this app.  Had no issues with the iPhone OS7 update -- updated before I downloaded, so that may have something to do with it.  Found it very easy to use, especially the scorecard feature.  Did have some battery issues, but I believe that it's more my battery than the app itself.  

Thanks for all your help Heidi -- will be using it again today!!

It's really something else to use in a round with other players using it. We'll have to do it soon.

Another round today - Super simple to use - but still sucked down my battery.  It's gotta be my phone...

Another round today - Super simple to use - but still sucked down my battery.  It's gotta be my phone...

I played 18 today (don't check the score... It's embarrassing) and it only used 12% of my battery. I was pretty happy with that!

I played 18 today (don't check the score... It's embarrassing) and it only used 12% of my battery. I was pretty happy with that!

That's crazy-good Paul. Keeping an eye on this - I have a feeling when I change phones/apple stores when I move to the States I'll have to purchase all my apps again, so will be interested in hearing how the testing goes on this one.

Is not how you score, but how you look.

Heidi, are you still looking for reviewers? I sent you guys a Google Hangout message to strikergolfgps@gmail.com

App looks great, and am definitely encouraged by Paul's comment re the battery usage.

Heidi, are you still looking for reviewers? I sent you guys a Google Hangout message to strikergolfgps@gmail.com

App looks great, and am definitely encouraged by Paul's comment re the battery usage.

From the "doh" files -- realized today that my bluetooth has been on.  I'm guessing THAT little detail might have had a little something something to do with my fast-draining battery!   :huh:

From the "doh" files -- realized today that my bluetooth has been on.  I'm guessing THAT little detail might have had a little something something to do with my fast-draining battery!   :huh:

Don't forget to check the WiFi too!

Don't forget to check the WiFi too!

Turn that off as well?  

Turn that off as well?  

Absolutely.  Wifi and bluetooth are two huge drains on your battery.  if you aren't using it, turn it off.

You guys in mygolfspy have been great! Send me your email address and I will get you hooked up.

Expect anything less from the best site in golf? :wub:

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Daily Deals

• Sponsors

• Our Sponsors

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    Matt Bernardo

• By ga_pike
      If this post is not permitted, please delete.  

The 2019 Milltown Open to benefit the Lanier County Lions Club is being held on Friday, May 10th at Stone Creek Golf Club in Valdosta, GA.  4 man scramble with cash prizes for 1st and 2nd place along with gift certificates for longest drive and 4 close ups.  If you are in the south Georgia or north Florida area and interested in playing, please come out and join us!!  Box lunches provided pre-round and a BBQ buffet will be provided post round.  

Thanks!  

• By MDGolfHacker
      Every year I participate in a the same few tournaments and it got me thinking - what do you do to prepare for the tournament round(s) ?  Do you practice more, play more, practice those shots you know you are going to hit during the round, practice your weakest shots to shore it up for the tournament study the course  and come up with a game plan or do you do nothing at all ?

Every year, I've approached the same two tournaments the exact same way -   I try to go to visit the range a few extra times to get the swing a bit more honed in. I also start  looking at the course map/hole layout, to strategize what clubs I want to hit to get to a comfortable wedge distance, and go in with a mindset that I can do what I plan.  It somehow goes out the window especially if I start off bad. 

Ultimately, the results are the same, I place mid-pack for the tournament.  

So what do you all do ?

MDGolfHacker
    • By PGAOLLIE
      My bebrassie test

I don't like sensors on the club or belt. I just want to record my game using the phone. Besides, I don't want to have to get my phone out every shot to enter something.

So I tried bebrassie ...
      First I have to say that there is a free trial period. I think that's good.
      The principle is simple. Go on the tee, start round on the app, put the phone in your pocket and off you go. If you like, you can use a range finder, a yardage book and an electronic scorecard on the phone. I didn't do that because I didn't want to use the phone during the round.
      At the end of the round (I only played 9 holes for the test) I finished recording. Then I was asked to enter my score ... which I did (including the number of putts). Okay, I remembered it well.
      Then you see a short summary and then upload your round. Until then everything is easy.
      But now you have to edit your round. This is necessary to get the advertised Strokes Gained statistics.
      The edit process works very intuitive. For each hole you can see the hole from top view. And there is one white dot per shot you made. The putts are already on the green. To make it easier to understand where you made your shots, you get shown your walked way (GPS) and (at least full swings) there are large red circles located where the phone has detected a shot/swing. Now you drag and drop the white dots where you had hit a shot.
      During the installation, I have defined my personal shot lengths in the settings, so in the table on the right (on the iPad, on the phone it is synonymous - but I have not tried), the clubs are displayed, which I should have taken for the according distance. For example, I had to change my driver twice, because I hit it so short that bebrassie proposed a wood 5 for me.
      I needed more than 10 minutes for the 9-hole round ... but on the first holes I had to look all over the functions to get an overview. I'm sure in the future I'll make it in 5 minutes.
      At the end you have to sign your round (like in a tournament) and then get directly to the statistics. And here comes the real value of bebrassie: you get really cool and meaningful statistics. Even though a 9-hole round still does not provide enough data for all categories, bebrassie shows me what a hacker I am ... but I also see that I putt really well.
      All in all, bebrassie made a good first impression. But you realize that the developers are sitting in Germany ... real engineers, everything is very precisely adjustable.
    • By MWGolf23
      I'm sure this topic was already discussed. What apps have you found great to use for during your round for shot distances, approach shots, putting slopes, scorecard/handicap, etc.? I want to pick one and upgrade to have the full features this season. I had used 18birdies a little bit last year just to plan shots, keep my score and didn't upgrade, which that alone has been a great help and was an easy app to use.

I was just looking at GolfLogix which looks like they have green slopes mapped out which is great for approach and putts which could help cut a few strokes having that knowledge, and I don't think 18birdies does that. GolfLogix looks a bit spammy though and has a lot of pop-up windows, and you have to upgrade to get rid of ads. Not sure if I'm a fan of that.

Anybody upgrade GolfLogix? 18birdies? Any recommendations of other ones? What features have you used/appreciated? What benefits have you experienced? I imagine these apps have helped a lot of others out there cut some strokes down knowing distances better and help with reading putts. Thanks!
    • By chris_BFDRF
      Hi All!

My name is Chris and I work for the Boston Fire Department. We are hosting a tournament on Monday October 23rd at William J. Devine Golf Course at Franklin Park in Dorchester and are looking for people to play! This great event benefits the Boston Fire Department Relief Fund and their mission to support both active and retired firefighters and their families. 

If you are interested in golfing or the 50/50 raffle event, click this link: http://www.bfdrelief.org/support/

If you participate in anyway, enter "Chris" in the comment section.

Thank you!
  • Recent Topics

• Latest from the Blog

• Happy Birthday Today!