Hi Heidi, I don't know if you're at ten yet, but I would like to give it a go, if any slots are left.

I would love for you to try it out.  Can you send me your email address.  Send to heidistriker@gmail.com.  thanks

Oh, I'm at

Sluggo42 at yahoo dot com

I also have the new iOS 7.0.2 on a 4S iPhone... I currently use golfshot...

Thanks

Hey Sluggo, since you mentioned it, let me tell you why I think we are better than Golfshot ( which is the leader in the market )

1.  The user interface makes it so you never have to leave the satellite screen to enter your scores or stats

2.  The keyboard entry is easier to enter scores and stats than the scroll

3.  It is faster

4.  It saves better on your battery

5.  The gps screen is less cluttered since all you need is front/middle/back distances and then the touchpoint arrows to find any layup distances

6.  It has social features so you can share your catastrophes with your friends

7.  The copyright pending keyboard calculates match play, ryder cup games, and all with your course handicaps

.... need I go on?  :)

Hey Sluggo, since you mentioned it, let me tell you why I think we are better than Golfshot ( which is the leader in the market )

1.  The user interface makes it so you never have to leave the satellite screen to enter your scores or stats

2.  The keyboard entry is easier to enter scores and stats than the scroll

3.  It is faster

4.  It saves better on your battery

5.  The gps screen is less cluttered since all you need is front/middle/back distances and then the touchpoint arrows to find any layup distances

6.  It has social features so you can share your catastrophes with your friends

7.  The copyright pending keyboard calculates match play, ryder cup games, and all with your course handicaps

.... need I go on?   :)

Dang, you're gonna make me want to try it after all.  ksknifer at gmail dot com.

So far, so good with this app.  Had no issues with the iPhone OS7 update -- updated before I downloaded, so that may have something to do with it.  Found it very easy to use, especially the scorecard feature.  Did have some battery issues, but I believe that it's more my battery than the app itself.  

Thanks for all your help Heidi -- will be using it again today!!

I will give her a whirl tomorrow. I am totally dependent upon my phone program for distances and scoring, so this might be great for me.

Especially less battery usage, I even have an external battery pack, a mophie, but that's getting a bit worn out too..

Now if only some app would charge the batteries during use, then we'd have a winner! Haha

So far, so good with this app.  Had no issues with the iPhone OS7 update -- updated before I downloaded, so that may have something to do with it.  Found it very easy to use, especially the scorecard feature.  Did have some battery issues, but I believe that it's more my battery than the app itself.  

Thanks for all your help Heidi -- will be using it again today!!

It's really something else to use in a round with other players using it. We'll have to do it soon.

I'm enjoying this discussion on the app...might have to change my mind on phone based GPS...

Another round today - Super simple to use - but still sucked down my battery.  It's gotta be my phone...

Another round today - Super simple to use - but still sucked down my battery.  It's gotta be my phone...

I played 18 today (don't check the score... It's embarrassing) and it only used 12% of my battery. I was pretty happy with that!

I played 18 today (don't check the score... It's embarrassing) and it only used 12% of my battery. I was pretty happy with that!

That's crazy-good Paul. Keeping an eye on this - I have a feeling when I change phones/apple stores when I move to the States I'll have to purchase all my apps again, so will be interested in hearing how the testing goes on this one.

Is not how you score, but how you look.

Heidi, are you still looking for reviewers? I sent you guys a Google Hangout message to strikergolfgps@gmail.com

App looks great, and am definitely encouraged by Paul's comment re the battery usage.

Heidi, are you still looking for reviewers? I sent you guys a Google Hangout message to strikergolfgps@gmail.com

App looks great, and am definitely encouraged by Paul's comment re the battery usage.

From the "doh" files -- realized today that my bluetooth has been on.  I'm guessing THAT little detail might have had a little something something to do with my fast-draining battery!   :huh:

From the "doh" files -- realized today that my bluetooth has been on.  I'm guessing THAT little detail might have had a little something something to do with my fast-draining battery!   :huh:

Don't forget to check the WiFi too!

Don't forget to check the WiFi too!

Turn that off as well?  

Turn that off as well?  

Absolutely.  Wifi and bluetooth are two huge drains on your battery.  if you aren't using it, turn it off.

You guys in mygolfspy have been great! Send me your email address and I will get you hooked up.

Expect anything less from the best site in golf? :wub: