Tony Covey MGS

How Forum Testers Will Be Chosen

GolfSpy STUDque

Initially posted by @GolfSpy MPR

All,

I'm going to go ahead a lock this thread from further posts, just to keep new folks from getting confused and posting their testing applications here. My sincere thanks goes to those who continue to help our new members.

For those new: read the opening few posts in this thread; they are essential instructions for getting involved in this awesome community! If you are trying to apply for a test, go back to the thread announcing the opportunity and reply to that thread.

Message added by GolfSpy STUDque

Well it's disappointing that it's come to this but based on what I've seen in some threads over the past six months I'd say it's come to this.

Sorry that we've let that happen T and sorry that we've made your lives so difficult. We will try and behave ourselves a bit better going forward and I would most certainly apologize if ever I've been an offender in these regards.

• Like 1

FairPlay guys it's the right thing to do - I know you'd say this forum is everyone's but I'd view it as yours and if we choose to spend our leisure time on it then we should treat it with maximum respect.

Look forward to the next club test and the great job the testers always seem to do.

Sounds like a very positive change for picking the next round of testers....

This is the first forum of any kind that I have joined.  I started "listening in" almost a year ago because it wasn't like other forums.  I enjoy the reviews and general golf support in a positive way so I joined a month ago.  But I agree that the forum has changed.  The forum is what people put into it.  You have a good core group of people, but it seems that recently some people have nothing better to do than argue about other people's comments.  Opinions are fine, but there is no excuse for verbally attacking someone.  

I suspect the contests, giveaways, and opportunities for testing have drawn in people with little respect for others.  I applaud your efforts to keep the testing program in the hands of those with good values.  Keep up the good work!

Kenny B

• Like 1

Great work, Mr. T. Kudos to sticking up for what's right.

I'm fairly certain Rule #4 should be enforced in all facets of life :)

You'll get no complaints out of me with these changes, good behavior, common decency and the ability to speak (type) coherently should always be rewarded.

This is just another example of why MGS is such a great place.  Can you image the public outcry if these were enforced at some of the other sites?  Love this site and keep up the great work MGS!

Looks like it may be time to update my signature as well :)

• Like 1

I'm fairly certain Rule #4 should be enforced in all facets of life :)

You'll get no complaints out of me with these changes, good behavior, common decency and the ability to speak (type) coherently should always be rewarded.

This is just another example of why MGS is such a great place.  Can you image the public outcry if these were enforced at some of the other sites?  Love this site and keep up the great work MGS!

Looks like it may be time to update my signature as well :)

X2 

Good change!!

....gotta update my profile as well.

Solid move boys!  Thanks!!

• Like 3

Excellent decision. Would love to see better behavior here and on the course. #GolfLikeAGentleman. Keep up the great work T.

Great move.   You know, I often read something that really sets me off.  What I do is type whatever I am feeling at the time.  And then push the new content button instead of post.  Then I have said what I felt like at the moment, and will not be embarrassed later on by having to read something that in the grand scheme of things it would be better off unsaid.

• Like 1

Glad to hear it!  I wish you there was another way to put our specs up without them being a signature.  I personally think they are a distraction.  I don't need to see what everyone plays every time they post, but I'll add to the clutter if that's what you guys want!  I'd rather you just told those that were interested to make sure they have an updated post in the "Whats in Your Bag" section, although I guess that means you have to go look as you're making the selections.

Glad to hear it!  I wish you there was another way to put our specs up without them being a signature.  I personally think they are a distraction.  I don't need to see what everyone plays every time they post, but I'll add to the clutter if that's what you guys want!  I'd rather you just told those that were interested to make sure they have an updated post in the "Whats in Your Bag" section, although I guess that means you have to go look as you're making the selections.

Slightly off topic, but with the new forum upgrades that just happened if you put your cursor in the signature box in any post you can click on the "X" and then hide just that members signature or all signatures.  Then you don't have to see them if you don't want to.

I just saw that, thanks hcky!  

Good move, in the right direction. Hopefully the "children" will either grow up or go away and this site will be better for it.

Guess I need to add my signature line in then.  :).  I should mention that I now know RP's pain.  It's HARD to be laid off from golf when the weather is perfect for a round, and I'm only out of commission for a week!