How Forum Testers Will Be Chosen

Message added by STUDque

Initially posted by @GolfSpy MPR

All,

I'm going to go ahead a lock this thread from further posts, just to keep new folks from getting confused and posting their testing applications here. My sincere thanks goes to those who continue to help our new members.

For those new: read the opening few posts in this thread; they are essential instructions for getting involved in this awesome community! If you are trying to apply for a test, go back to the thread announcing the opportunity and reply to that thread.

Our Sponsors

Good to bump this with testing starting and hoping many new ppl to the site take the time to read it and introduce themselves! 

I know we all get a kick out of the misposts and applications months after testing closes, but would be great for anyone new to take a extra moment to go through this and get some good first steps to becoming a potential tester! 

They are incredible opportunities and looking forward to seeing what the season has in store and following many of the reviews along the way.

• Like 3

⛳🛄 as of Sept 24, 2020

SuperSpeed 2020 from 100-112 and climbing!

Driver:   :callaway-small: Epic Sub Zero - Set at 10* with Aldila Rogue Max 65 gram 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ weight back

:ping-small: G410 Crossover - 2 and 4 iron

Irons:     :ping-small: i210 5-U w/ Nippon Modus 105 stiff (2018 Tester)

Wedge:  :ping-small: Glide 2.0 54* 58* w/ Nippon Modus 105 Stiff

Putter:   :odyssey-small: Stroke Lab 7 35* and oversized grip (2019 Tester)

Balls:      :srixon-small: Z Star

Other:     :Arccos: 360 (Caddie)

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

As the MyGolfSpy Forum has grown, so too have the opportunities for our Community Members to test and review golf equipment for the other members of our forum. To date, the reviews our community membe

So this thread was started over 4 years ago.  We've obviously grown since then and have went back to having people apply to be testers.   But the overall message remains true to this day.  I know th

Posted Images

It would be great to convert a few more, the more people conversing about our game the better. Besides that's how I started, found this place while researching irons, got excited by the thought of testing clubs and then found the joy of posting 😁😎

• Like 3

In my :cobra-small: Ultralight Stand Bag:

Driver:    :cobra-small: King F9 9° - LH - Atmos Blue TS 6 Stiff
Woods:   :cobra-small: King F9 - LH - 3/4 Wood - Atmos Blue 7 Reg
               :cobra-small: King F9 - LH - 3 Hybrid - Atmos Blue 7 Reg
Irons:      :cobra-small: King F9 - LH - 4-PW - True Temper XP95 Reg
Wedges: :cobra-small: King Black - LH - 52° 56° 60° -True Temper XP95 Reg
Putter:    :rife-putters-1: Two Bar Hybrid
Ball:        :titelist-small: Pro V1

Tracked By: :Arccos:

Follow me on Twitter @ham12_hampton and on Instagram @Nunfa0 for the #cobraconnectchallenge3

Didn't realize members got a chance to test products and keep them.  Did sign up for Galway bay gear testing.  Pretty cool!  Hopefully, someday I will get the opportunity to do a product test and review for MGS!  Did I mention I live and play in the rain capital of CANADA!?!?!?  😜

Cheers!!

• Like 4
7 minutes ago, doubleday said:

Didn't realize members got a chance to test products and keep them.  Did sign up for Galway bay gear testing.  Pretty cool!  Hopefully, someday I will get the opportunity to do a product test and review for MGS!  Did I mention I live and play in the rain capital of CANADA!?!?!?  😜

Cheers!!

They are pretty awesome opportunities! It's a great community here and the longer I've been around the more I've been hooked. That and the reviews that go up around really well done and a little more relatable I find then what you find online a lot of the time. 

I'll also take your rain capital over my wild weather here on the east coast of Canada!

Edited by Apolloshowl
  • Like 2

⛳🛄 as of Sept 24, 2020

Driver:   :callaway-small: Epic Sub Zero - Set at 10* with Aldila Rogue Max 65 gram 

2 hours ago, doubleday said:

Cheers!!

Lots of people actually come here for the testing opportunities;  some actually discover that there is some good golf discussion and a great group of people that hang out here.    

• Like 7

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15* set  to 16.5* w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 816H1 19* set at 18* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  21*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
               :titelist-small: 915H 24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :cleveland-small: 588 54-14, 58-12
Putter:  :odyssey-small: Ten S      Backups:  :bobby-grace-1: 6330,   :EVNROLL: ER2.2,  

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

On 2/16/2019 at 5:33 PM, cnosil said:

Lots of people actually come here for the testing opportunities;  some actually discover that there is some good golf discussion and a great group of people that hang out here.    

Amen! I came here because I saw a testing opportunity on Facebook and stuck around. Great place!

• Like 1

Driver: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 9.5* Recoil 460ES cut to 45"
3W: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 15* Recoil 460ES
3H, 4H: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 19*, 23* Recoil 780ES
4-PW:  :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR HF2 Modus3 Tour 105
AW: :mizuno-small:S5 52*
SW: :cleveland-small: 588
LW: :callaway-small: MD3
Putter: :odyssey-small: Stroke Lab Marxman
Bag: :bridgestone-small: Tour B Stand Bag
Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star
Pushcart: BigMax iQ+

:SuperSpeed: Tester
Starting Driver Speed on PRGR Monitor: 102 mph

Final Driver Speed (end of Level 2): 120 mph

Thought it would be important to bump this up around this time....we're going to have some FANTASTIC testing opportunities this year and we really want to encourage everyone to apply.  

I understand that it can be discouraging not to be selected, but it's okay to apply for more than one test.

Looking forward to a great 2019 with you guys!

On 4/29/2016 at 11:58 AM, GolfSpy Barbajo said:

Heck, who doesn't???

Lots of new members here - so I hope you guys take a second or two to read this.  To have a chance at being selected, here are 3 basic requirements...

1. Have an avatar or profile picture - without one, your chances are kinda slim

2. Do an Intro post - introduce yourself to the gang. People here are friendly and ready to welcome new members.

3. Participate in some existing threads -- browse the different topics and share what's on your mind.  

Don't worry about being new -- everyone here was new at one time.  We're very proud of our community and we're anxious for you to be a part of it.  

Cobra F6 TecFlo Irons - 6.jpg

• Like 5

P G410 LST | C King F7 | C SuperHybrid | T 818 H2 | S Z785 | C ZipCore | SC Newport 3

22 minutes ago, GolfSpy Stroker said:

Thought it would be important to bump this up around this time....we're going to have some FANTASTIC testing opportunities this year and we really want to encourage everyone to apply.  

Any clues that you can share on what might be included in that FANTASTIC list?  😀

• Like 1

Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 816H1 19* set at 18* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
Putter:  :odyssey-small: Ten S      Backups:  :bobby-grace-1: 6330,   :EVNROLL: ER2.2,  

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

9 minutes ago, cnosil said:

Any clues that you can share on what might be included in that FANTASTIC list?  😀

Other members (not me) might be interested also.

(totally 110% absolutely me)

• Like 2

Wilson Staff C300 9.0* Fujikura Pro 58 stiff

Callaway Rogue 3W Mitsubishi Diamana D+ LTD 80 stiff

Mizuno MP-18 MMC FLI-HI 2 iron UST Mamiya Recoil 95 stiff

Ping I200's 4-W Aerotech Steelfiber I110 CW stiff

Ping Glide 52* and 58* stiff

Bettinardi Studio Stock #38 Armlock

16 hours ago, cnosil said:

....hahaha...I just started as a mod and you want me to get fired already!!?!?!  🙂

I think most everyone will be pleased with the offerings this year.  Some things are still a work in progress some are settled but we're going to take care of you guys.  

• Like 7

P G410 LST | C King F7 | C SuperHybrid | T 818 H2 | S Z785 | C ZipCore | SC Newport 3

....hahaha...I just started as a mod and you want me to get fired already!!?!?!  I think most everyone will be pleased with the offerings this year.  Some things are still a work in progress some are settled but we're going to take of you guys.  

So I guess that means no????

Looking forward to seeing what will be available for testing.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, cnosil said:

Inquiring minds want to know 

• Like 1

Left Hand orientation

:ping-small: G410 SFT driver 

Cobra King F-9  5 wood
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Snell MTB-X 

2020 Official Tester :SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

I understand that it can be discouraging not to be selected, but it's okay to apply for more than one test.
Looking forward to a great 2019 with you guys!

Very excited!

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

6 hours ago, GolfSpy Stroker said:

....hahaha...I just started as a mod and you want me to get fired already!!?!?!  🙂

I think most everyone will be pleased with the offerings this year.  Some things are still a work in progress some are settled but we're going to take care of you guys.  

This man speaks The Truth 👍

4 hours ago, cnosil said:

So I guess that means no???? emoji848.png

Looking forward to seeing what will be available for testing.

This man comprehends 😀

• Like 3

:titelist-small: TSi2 Kuro Kage 50g R Flex

:titelist-small: TSi2 16.5 FW with GD AD IZ 6 Shaft

:ping-small:  G410 FW 7 Alta CB R flex 

:ping-small: G410 Hybrid 26 degree Alta CB R Flex

:titelist-small: T100S/T200 Combo 5-7 T100S 8-P T200 TT Black Oynx R Flex

:titelist-small: SM7 54.08 F 58.12 K 

:ping-small: Heppler Tomcast 

:titelist-small: ProV1X Play number 12

25 minutes ago, gilligan said:

Very excited!

I'd love to see a few ladies get in on some testing. I don't recall that ever happening.

• Like 4

My Sun Mountain bag currently includes:   TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 771CSI 5i - PW and TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png PFC Micro Tour-c 52°, 56°, 60 wedges

:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 10.5*, TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 929-HS FW4 16.5* 

:edel-golf-1: Willimette w/GolfPride Contour

Just now, PlaidJacket said:

I'd love to see a few ladies get in on some testing. I don't recall that ever happening.

Gotta be careful with this one.  They tend to do a better job then the guys which in turn makes us look bad.  I do think a woman was selected last year for something but just can't remember for certain.

• Sad 1

Wedgie

Driver - XXIO X Driver 9.5

:cleveland-small: - Launcher Turbo 2 hybrid

:cobra-small: - F9 One Length 3-G

:cleveland-small: - CBX 52 and 56

:EVNROLL: - ER 1.2

Top Flite Gamer

Play Right

1 hour ago, Wedgie said:

Gotta be careful with this one.  They tend to do a better job then the guys which in turn makes us look bad.  I do think a woman was selected last year for something but just can't remember for certain.

I know a lady was a tester for the Snell MTB Reds. Not sure if there were any others. 

• Like 1

Driver: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 9.5* Recoil 460ES cut to 45"
3W: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 15* Recoil 460ES
3H, 4H: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 19*, 23* Recoil 780ES
4-PW:  :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR HF2 Modus3 Tour 105
AW: :mizuno-small:S5 52*
SW: :cleveland-small: 588
LW: :callaway-small: MD3
Putter: :odyssey-small: Stroke Lab Marxman
Bag: :bridgestone-small: Tour B Stand Bag
Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star
Pushcart: BigMax iQ+

:SuperSpeed: Tester
Starting Driver Speed on PRGR Monitor: 102 mph

Final Driver Speed (end of Level 2): 120 mph

39 minutes ago, MaxEntropy said:

I know a lady was a tester for the Snell MTB Reds. Not sure if there were any others. 

Yup, @golfergirl1

• Like 2

In my       :ping-small: DLX Cart Bag:
Driver
:    :ping-small: G410 SFT, set to 9.5*, Mitsubishi Tensei CK Orange 60, stiff (MGS Official 2019 Tester)
3W:          :ping-small: G-Series SF TEC, set to 16*, Aldila Tour Blue ATX, 65g, stiff
5W:          :ping-small: G400 SFT, set to 19*, Aldila Tour Blue ATX, 65g, stiff
7W:         :ping-small: G410 SFT, set to 22*. Alta CB 65 Red, stiff

Irons:       :ping-small: GMax, Green Dot, 5-PW, Project X Graphite Blue 6.0, 80-90g , stiff
Wedges: :ping-small: Glide 2.0 Stealth, 50* SS, 54* ES & 60*/8 Forged MGS Special from the Wedge Wizard, Green Dot, Alta CB graphite, 84g, stiff
Putter:     :ping-small: Vault 2.0 B60 Copper, 33", black dot w/GP SNSR grip (PING Sigma 2 Fetch under "see-trials")
Ball:       :Snell: MTB BLACK (MGS Official 2018 Tester for the :Snell: MTB RED)
Shoes:     :footjoy-small:  Classics Tour w/Black Widow Softspikes

Disabled Marine Veteran. Semper Fi!

#No apologies, just Play Your Best
#Powertotheplayers

Even though this has been bumped a couple times recently, with more and more testing opportunities coming out it may be worth trying to keep this up high in the recent content... Good little read and great for those who are just joining and want an opportunity to get a chance to test.

• Like 4

⛳🛄 as of Sept 24, 2020

Also really easy to tell testing season is upon us. Nearly 1000 ppl on the forum right now... Definitely up from the previous few months

• Like 3

⛳🛄 as of Sept 24, 2020