Tony Covey MGS

How Forum Testers Will Be Chosen

GolfSpy STUDque

Initially posted by @GolfSpy MPR

All,

I'm going to go ahead a lock this thread from further posts, just to keep new folks from getting confused and posting their testing applications here. My sincere thanks goes to those who continue to help our new members.

For those new: read the opening few posts in this thread; they are essential instructions for getting involved in this awesome community! If you are trying to apply for a test, go back to the thread announcing the opportunity and reply to that thread.

Message added by GolfSpy STUDque

Our Sponsors

I think it's a great move, personally.  And hey, if it runs some people off, they weren't here for the right reasons to begin with.

I think it's a great move, personally.  And hey, if it runs some people off, they weren't here for the right reasons to begin with.

Exactly.

+10!

MGS has the community it has due to quality, not quantity.  If this is what's needed to keep it that way, so much the better!  Once I walk my daughter down the aisle and we toast the bride and groom this weekend, I'll get my club specs updated - lol :D

Good call. Keep it positive and professional. Let the keyboard tough guys go somewhere else!

Agree with everything said by the OP T.

I know I'm a little new around here (therefore my sense of entitlement isn't very high - lol) I do want to say that it's nice to see a community that does let it's readers test stuff as you do.  As with everything, there will be politics and it's sad that it has to rear it's ugly head in here, but a spade is a spade and I like the approach you all have chosen.

I also like that you said you are afraid to chase away a few bad apples for the sake of the bunch.  Bravo.....

Just read this. Great idea, IMO. Really happy with the way this site is run and this is just another example of why. Also reminded me to update my signature and donation subscription. Keep up the great work, guys!

Totally agree. I have kind of felt like this (MGS) is a club. I may not know all the members but we're all here for the same reason. GOLF !!

Absolutely agree with the aforementioned new rules of engagement.

How about sucking up? Is that frowned on?

Because I'm not above a little brown nosing. Did I mention WD is an exceptionally handsome man?...

How about sucking up? Is that frowned on?

Damn, I hope not!

Folks, please put your handicap (guess is fine) and the general area you are from in your profile (state is fine).

This makes it a lot easier to choose you!

Great idea for testing clubs.  And as always great site to read about clubs being tested too.  A frequent visitor who frequently forgets to log in - might have to change that though.

I'm a new member and wouldn't expect anything for free. I agree that those that have good input and give reviews should benefit from product testing or give away's. It just takes time.

I don't know if I welcomed you elsewhere but welcome, please visit and contribute often, from my experience the MGS a has been very balanced with testing and does reward those who are diligent in their work.

I hope you get to do a test soon and that you do us proud.