How Forum Testers Will Be Chosen

Message added by STUDque

Initially posted by @GolfSpy MPR

All,

I'm going to go ahead a lock this thread from further posts, just to keep new folks from getting confused and posting their testing applications here. My sincere thanks goes to those who continue to help our new members.

For those new: read the opening few posts in this thread; they are essential instructions for getting involved in this awesome community! If you are trying to apply for a test, go back to the thread announcing the opportunity and reply to that thread.

Folks, please put your handicap (guess is fine) and the general area you are from in your profile (state is fine).

Yes sir will do!

This makes it a lot easier to choose you!

Right Handed

4.5 handicap

Driver: Nike Vapor Flex with Mitsubishi Rayon Fubuki ZT60x5ct S-flex shaft and stock grip.

3-Metal: Nike VRS 15 degree with Mitsubishi Rayon tour issue Diamana S73x5ct X-flex shaft and GolfPride MCC midsize Black/White grip.

Irons: Ben Hogan PTx 22, 26, 30, 34, 38, 42, 46 degrees standard length and lie with KBS Tour-V stiff shafts and GolfPride MCC midsize Black/White grips.

Wedges: Ben Hogan TK15 54, 58 degrees with KBS Tour-V X-flex shafts and GolfPride MCC midsize Black/White grips.

Putter: Nike Method Converge B1|01 with Superstroke Flatso 2.0 grip.

Cheers to this policy. I lurked on here for the last year and finally made the jump to join. I want to thank the community for all the advice on some of my questions. I never had any trolls, just thoughtful/helpful comments and suggestions. If I don't comment it is because I literally don't know what I am doing, just learning from y'all.

• Like 1

Bag: Bennington Quiet Organizer 9-Lite (link)

Cart: :Clicgear: 3.5+

Driver:  :cobra-small:  F9 speedback, Accra iWood

Woods:  Sonartec GS Tour 14*, Fujikura Six S
DI:  :titelist-small:  T-MB 2 iron, KBS Tour-V 120 X,
Irons: :Miura: PP-9003SN 4-GW, Nippon 1150GH Stiff
Wedges: :Miura: 1957 K-grind SW, LW, Nippon 1150GH Stiff
Putter: :odyssey-small: EXO Indianapolis (link)
Ball: :Snell: MTB

Cheers to this policy. I lurked on here for the last year and finally made the jump to join. I want to thank the community for all the advice on some of my questions. I never had any trolls, just thoughtful/helpful comments and suggestions. If I don't comment it is because I literally don't know what I am doing, just learning from y'all.

So are the rest of us

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

I would just add that your policy is about more than keeping things congenial and professional. The forum will succeed in its purpose if the quality is there. It will attract more interested people if it is known for excellent content, and the primary motivation behind your new rules seems to be to improve quality (driving douchebags away is secondary but an added benefit). We (I) don't want a select club, we (I) want a pool of credible/useful knowledge.

Bag: Bennington Quiet Organizer 9-Lite (link)

Cart: :Clicgear: 3.5+

Driver:  :cobra-small:  F9 speedback, Accra iWood

Woods:  Sonartec GS Tour 14*, Fujikura Six S
DI:  :titelist-small:  T-MB 2 iron, KBS Tour-V 120 X,
Irons: :Miura: PP-9003SN 4-GW, Nippon 1150GH Stiff
Wedges: :Miura: 1957 K-grind SW, LW, Nippon 1150GH Stiff
Putter: :odyssey-small: EXO Indianapolis (link)
Ball: :Snell: MTB

• 2 weeks later...

Now if only every other Forum had these qualities we could all learn a little about humility and kindness towards others. I've been a part of golf forums for over 15 years and have seen the snipping and nasty ways people treat others they really don't even know, and the way some people conduct themselves behind a computer screen is somewhat appalling at times as you know that same individual would never act that way face to face. So I like the new rules mentioned above and I try and support almost all golf sites in some way because I just love this great game and having sites like this just make my life that much better! Thanks guys really do enjoy this site!

• Like 2

The Bag:

Right handed

Cobra King FLYZ+ 10.5* w/ Aldila Rogue 125 R 44.5"

Tour Issued TM M2 10.5 w/ Mitsubishi Tensi CK Pro Blue 60S

Tour Issued TM M2 15* w/ GD Tour AD 7S 43"

TM R7 17.5 HFS w/ Tour AD 7S Stiff 42"

Cobra S3 Pro's 4-pw w/ Aldila RIP Tours SLT 115 Reg. 5i 38.5"

Titleist Vokey Proto's

52*,54*,58* all TTDG S-400

TM TP5 X

Scotty Cameron SSS Tiffany 009 350 34.5" or Bettinardi BB1 DASS Proto

GHIN # 5144472

Always good when you drop by TW

Taylor Made Stealth 10.5  Aldila Ascent Red R flex

Ping G410 5, 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Wilson D7 forged 5-GW -  Mamiya recoil 460 R flex

SCOR 52, 56  

Ping Glide 3.0  Ping Eye 2 grind 58.8

L.A.B. Mezz.1 32.5"

Titleist Pro VIx optic yellow with revkev stamped on them

Always good when you drop by TW

Thanks Rev! I plan on being around much more like I use to be when this site first started. I kind of lost interest in golf daily because I couldn't play with a bunch of family issues and then me getting injured and so on. I hope I can keep healthy enough to stay involved with golf both playing and participating in the site as much as time allows.

• Like 3

The Bag:

Right handed

Cobra King FLYZ+ 10.5* w/ Aldila Rogue 125 R 44.5"

Tour Issued TM M2 10.5 w/ Mitsubishi Tensi CK Pro Blue 60S

Tour Issued TM M2 15* w/ GD Tour AD 7S 43"

TM R7 17.5 HFS w/ Tour AD 7S Stiff 42"

Cobra S3 Pro's 4-pw w/ Aldila RIP Tours SLT 115 Reg. 5i 38.5"

Titleist Vokey Proto's

52*,54*,58* all TTDG S-400

TM TP5 X

Scotty Cameron SSS Tiffany 009 350 34.5" or Bettinardi BB1 DASS Proto

GHIN # 5144472

• 3 weeks later...

Glad to have you back TW!

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0211 w/Evenflo Riptide CB Regular shaft & 0811 XF w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Titleist T300 48* GW w/Fubuki MV Senior shaft and Edison forged 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33”   Evnroll ER2 w/Evnroll Gravity Grip or Ping Ketsch

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Maxfli Tour CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope V3 and MG4000 Rangefinder

One of the key things I look for in golf forums is the equipment reviews - from *real* people, sharing their own experience. I've found online forums ("fora"?) to be more useful than the mainstream magazine articles.

So I applaud the new tester policy to maintain and even improve the quality (even tho it excludes me as a new user but, hey, I'll be around from time to time).

** Update:

After reading reviews here, and doing some of my own demo'ing / testing, I've recently purchased...

• Ping Crossover (#5)

• Cobra King F6 (6i-GW)

..and have been considering...

-- Mizuno JPX-EZ Driver

Thx MGS mods and members!!!

• Like 1

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
..PXG Gen5 0811XF (PX EvenFlow Riptide CB 50/5.0 or Grafalloy Prolaunch Blue 45/A)
..Callaway Bertha Mini 1.5 (UST ProForce V2-HL 5/F3)
..Callaway Rogue ST Max OS 4H (PX Cypher Black 50/5.0)
..Callaway Big Bertha 5H (Recoil ZT9 460/F3)
..PXG 0211 6i-GW (Mitsubishi MMT 60/A) 
..Cleveland CBX2 54 and CBX 60 (Rotex graphite)
..EvnRoll ER5 or MLA XDream (..Edel EAS 4.0 on the bench)
..all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart.

Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

• 1 month later...

I understand that most everyone that is new is here because of the testing opportunities.  You guys are lucky.  Recently, MGS has been offering lots of products to test.  I joined just a few years ago, and Forum testing was slim.  I joined anyway because I enjoyed reading posts from the members and got to know them.  I hope y'all will enjoy your time on the forum too.

While free stuff to test is nice, along with it comes a commitment to the other members who didn't get to test.  It's really a lot of work.  People want to know what's good and what's not so good with a product.  They also want to know a little about the person testing it so they can judge if the product that you tested will be similar for them.  So, it's not just getting a club and taking it for a few swings, we are looking for a quality write-up expressing your thoughts and include lots of pictures.  Like I said, it's a commitment.  However, most testers end up becoming a part of the community and with it, get more opportunities if they choose.  

Good luck to all.

This is great!

Check out my personal Equipment Blog and Podcast!

Huntingforbirdies.com

Quite right Kenny, test the clubs, review them well and if they really don't work for you? Pay it forward. Oh and don't forget newbies, MGS doesn't take money from the big companies - their sponsors aren't huge and every dollar we give to keep the site running means more stories, more testing and guess what......probably more testing opportunities!

I was very honoured that MGS have asked me to test the Ping Crossover - keep your eyes peeled folks first posts will be incoming very very soon.

• Like 4

Rest in peace long sticks - I'll remember you

TM Burner Superfast 2.0 TP Regular

TM RBZ Stage 2 Fairway 14.5 stiff

Adams Blue Hybrid No. 3 stiff

Adams Super xtdHybrid 21.5 Stiff

Ping G30 4 and 5 Iron - Regular CFS Shaft

Ping i25 6 - PW Regular CFS Shaft

TM Y Groove Gap Wedge

Cleveland CG10 Sand Wedge

PingTR Piper Putter, adjustable shaft, SuperStroke Fatso

Titleist StaDry Cart Bag

Motocaddy S3 Pro Trolley

Foot Joy City, Adidas Boost Boa and Adidas Superstar shoes

Pro V1x in the summer, Titleist Velocity in the winter.

This makes total sense. It would be nice if people took this approach throughout all aspects of life!

I've enjoyed this website and this forum. Whenever I look to buy new clubs, balls, shoes, or bags I've looked here first. I've never been lead astray. I've only been playing golf for a few years and the stores here in Salt Lake City just push whatever the big companies want them to.

• Like 2

Good points to make Kenny. When I joined MGS I didn't have a clue what all goes on around here. I certainly didn't know they gave away equipment to average golfers like us to test. For FREE! I joined to yap and learn about all things golf. I've made quite a few friends here too. I was chosen once to test/review the SLDR when it came out. Wish I could do it over now that I've seen so many reviews and how well so many of them are done. Makes my SLDR review seem kind of lame. I remember initially thinking that I was to review the club and return it. Nope... it's mine. And I'm still playing it today.

• Like 3

My Sun Mountain bag currently includes:   TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 771CSI 5i - PW and TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png PFC Micro Tour-c 52°, 56°, 60 wedges

:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 10.5*, TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 929-HS FW4 16.5* 

:edel-golf-1: Willimette w/GolfPride Contour

I joined because of a thread. But still don't be that person that disappears after a test. Stay around, talk shop and enjoy a great community.

• Like 1

Driver:   :callaway-small:  Epic Flash 12 Degree

Wood: :callaway-small:  GBB 3 Wood
Hybrid: :callaway-small: Razr 4 hybriid stiff stock shaft.
Irons: :callaway-small: X2 Hot 4 iron (pro version) 5 iron - Gap Wedge (non pro version).  KBS 120g Shaft stiff cut 1/2  inch bent 1°upright
Wedges: :vokey-small: 52° 56° and 60°.
All grips are Golf pride grips midsized
Putter (lefty):  Odyssey Metal-X #8 34", stock shaft bent 2° Superstroke grip
Golf Balls:   :titelist-small: 2018-9 Pro-V1x and Prov1s
Shoes:  :footjoy-small:  Dryjoy tours

Great post

Ping G410 LST 10.5 set -1* Flat Accra TZ5 65 M5

Callaway Epic Flash 15* set -1 Aldila ATX Blue 75TX

Ben Hogan FT Worth Hi 19* KBS Tour V X

Ben Hogan PTX Pro 4-P KBS Tour V X 2* Flat 4* loft increments

Hogan Equalizer 50* KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 X 2* Flat

Hogan Equalizer 56* KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 2* Flat

Hogan Equalizer 62* KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 2* Flat

EVNROLL ER7 P2 Aware Tour
Scotty Cameron Newport2 Buttonback P2 Aware Tour Grip
Snell MTB-X

Coming from a newbie... being able to test out new product would be nice but with a newborn and not much hope of golfing a whole lot this season, being able to participate in some discussion and read about things during down time will hopefully keep me connected. Getting out for the first time tomorrow and I am super pumped! Who doesn't love going through their golf bag before their first round and rearranging, cleaning, etc.?

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy mobile app

• Like 2

Driver: TM R11 9* Motore F1 TP

3 wood: TM R11

Hybrid: Titleist 910H 21*

Irons: Ping i3+ Blade 4-W 

Wedges: Titleist SM5 50, 56, 60

Putters: TM White Smoke IN.12 & SeeMore FGP

Right Hand, Stiff, Std Length & Lie

Ball: Depends on the day

Ya! I love going through my bag, getting things ready for the season - I usually end up starting in January and rearranging/cleaning everything about eight times...

In fact I once took my clubs ice fishing, just to give me something to do while I waited for the rattle reels to start ringing...

• Like 1

WITB: 

Adams 9064LS 9.5* (until I cracked the face)

Adams Super LS 17*

Adams XTD Ti 23*

Wilson Staff Ci7 4-PW

Adams wedges: 52/7 56/13 60/7

Wilson Staff Infinite Southside putter/Odyssey DualForce 660 putter