Tony Covey MGS

How Forum Testers Will Be Chosen

GolfSpy STUDque

Initially posted by @GolfSpy MPR

All,

I'm going to go ahead a lock this thread from further posts, just to keep new folks from getting confused and posting their testing applications here. My sincere thanks goes to those who continue to help our new members.

For those new: read the opening few posts in this thread; they are essential instructions for getting involved in this awesome community! If you are trying to apply for a test, go back to the thread announcing the opportunity and reply to that thread.

Message added by GolfSpy STUDque

Our Sponsors

I've been a member over at wrx for awhile but I feel like MGS is going to be a really good fit. Just having a bit of a time trying to figure out where everything is. I would love to test some stuff out but being in college really doesn't leave much time to 1) keep my form during the school year and 2) give me time to give the clubs the chance they deserve. With that said, once summer comes around in about a month or so I'll be all over the forums giving my 2 cents and trying to help others with equipment or instruction questions.

Welcome See,

we won't enter into WRX bashing - it's a bit easy after all! Welcome and enjoy to all the new folk.

For all those coming over from WRX and other sites, you'll find we dont go in for talk of 300 carry (aside from the very few members who can) - we might not call you on it but we might roll our eyes from round the world.

We even manage to keep fanboy behaviour under control - well nearly! Mizuno iron users are rather passionate....

• Like 4

Welcome See,

we won't enter into WRX bashing - it's a bit easy after all! Welcome and enjoy to all the new folk.

For all those coming over from WRX and other sites, you'll find we dont go in for talk of 300 carry (aside from the very few members who can) - we might not call you on it but we might roll our eyes from round the world.

We even manage to keep fanboy behaviour under control - well nearly! Mizuno iron users are rather passionate....

Good post Westy. Love my Mizuno irons and wedges haha

Welcome See,

Speaking of which... haven't seen Mizzylover in a while :D

Not sure whatever happened to him. I miss having him around.

He did say that with his back issues, he would be out of commission for awhile......if I remember correctly.

Welcome See,

Thanks for the reply. I was really into WRX but all of the wannabe tour pros really put me off of it. I feel I have a good grasp on the golf swing and equipment because I've had a kinesiology class and I'm currently an engineering major but all of the guys that read one post and start throwing it around like they're Bob Vokey and Karsten Solheim themselves is a bit ridiculous.

Anyways rant over. I look forward to getting involved and helping others in any way I can and hearing what everyone has to say and what advice they have.

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

• Like 1

That is a great post, I completely agree with the reasons for having to moderate readers and people who post... I for one have been reading for ages, but haven't posted nearly as much as I should have!! Well done!

Just joined today and I hope I can be a valued contributer! I love learning about all the new equipment out there, and just the reviews I have read on here today have been helpful in my making some decisions! Glad to be a part of the group!

I'm new to the forum, but it sounds similar to other online testing forums. Poor me....I didn't get picked, it's rigged....blah blah blah. I still hit my Ping G2, not because I can't buy a new driver, I have had my share. They just didn't work out for me. I'll keep hitting it till I find something that suits me better....or it breaks.

Love the change, hope I can provide my insight one day. But hell if not, at least I will have some fun reading others reviews and hopefully it will ultimately lead to the replacement of my beloved G2!

Cheers all.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy mobile app

• Like 1

Don't just read rodmanf77, participate by adding your $0.02.

Enjoy the ride.

This is hands down the best forum I have ever been apart of, these guys do not hold back in lue of traffic and in turn will just grow this site more. I love this and I am glad they are nipping it right away. You guys rock, keep it up. It's awesome to have a place to go and talk to some true golf enthusiasts and progressives.

And to quote fozcycle, "enjoy the ride"

Sent from my SM-G900V using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Question? Do you want iron and driver specs everything even if we are applying to test golf balls or other equipment. Thank you.

Question? Do you want iron and driver specs everything even if we are applying to test golf balls or other equipment. Thank you.

Hi Dave -

You can edit your profile and out all that information in your "signature." Then it will part of every post you do - but visible only on the desktop version of the forum (you won't see it in the app version).

As far as applying for review opportunities - simply follow the instructions in that particular thread.

Also - a profile picture and participation in the forum go a LONG way...

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy mobile app

• Like 1

I know the original post is three years old, but as a new member, i was glad to see it.   The owners/staff/Mods of any site have a tough job to try and monitor 20,000 + internet warriors, it's a  job that gets far more complaints and sniping than a few occasional Thank You's.

I think all the qualification laid out make sense.  If anyone is interested in testing, and let's be honest, who doesn't like to try out the newest and latest of anything from Golf Clubs to Cell Phones..etc. then following a few simple rules should be easy.

I like whoever it was above that said Rule No. 4 should apply to everything in life also.  Well Said!!

Just some reminders to those entering to be testers:

Enter in the correct thread... please do not start a new thread.

Your application to test should not be your first and only post on the forums. Participation/interaction on the MyGolfSpy forum will be heavily considered.

Your application should not be your 8th post because you have entered to test 7 other products previously.

Post photos from time to time on the forum, this will show us that:

1. You can take a photo (hopefully well)

2. You can post a photo on the forums

Laugh at all my jokes regardless of how stupid they are.

Update your profile:

Image and as much information as you're willing to share

Make an introduction post in the appropriate sub-forum - hopefully you can find the right place to do this  ;) Please don't just title it new member... Be original and take a moment to tell us a little bit about you and golf, not just hey I'm bob and glad I found this pace.

You think I joke, but my buddies bug me all the time "Hey I see you guys are looking for people to test XXX - I want to be a tester, get me in!"

My reply "if you're not an active member of the forums and show you are legitimately interested to be an active member you're not going to test anything. Serious, take 5 minutes each day, click the new content button and read the forums. Take the time to reply when you can add to a thread. Hell jump on twice a week..."

All this seems to be too much work for them...

MyGolfSpy prides itself on a strong community and the constructive and intelligent (not counting plaid or Theoo) interaction between it's member. We want people with passion about the site to represent us in testing.

• Like 8

You can't lay it out there any better than that ManBearPig!!

• Like 2

I "have to" participate:

My wife won't talk golf gear with me, nor subtle nuances of different short game techniques, nor .....

• Like 3