How Forum Testers Will Be Chosen

Message added by STUDque

Initially posted by @GolfSpy MPR

All,

I'm going to go ahead a lock this thread from further posts, just to keep new folks from getting confused and posting their testing applications here. My sincere thanks goes to those who continue to help our new members.

For those new: read the opening few posts in this thread; they are essential instructions for getting involved in this awesome community! If you are trying to apply for a test, go back to the thread announcing the opportunity and reply to that thread.

I've been a member over at wrx for awhile but I feel like MGS is going to be a really good fit. Just having a bit of a time trying to figure out where everything is. I would love to test some stuff out but being in college really doesn't leave much time to 1) keep my form during the school year and 2) give me time to give the clubs the chance they deserve. With that said, once summer comes around in about a month or so I'll be all over the forums giving my 2 cents and trying to help others with equipment or instruction questions.

Callaway XR Pro 8* - Project X LZ 6.0
Callaway XR 15* - Project X LZ 6.0

Tour Issue Taylormade R15 19* - Motore Speeder 661 X
Cobra King Pro CB 4-PW - Project X 6.5
Callaway MD3 Black Shamrock LE - 50, 54, 58 - Tour Issue DG S200
Odyssey Works #7 CH

Welcome See,

we won't enter into WRX bashing - it's a bit easy after all! Welcome and enjoy to all the new folk.

For all those coming over from WRX and other sites, you'll find we dont go in for talk of 300 carry (aside from the very few members who can) - we might not call you on it but we might roll our eyes from round the world.

We even manage to keep fanboy behaviour under control - well nearly! Mizuno iron users are rather passionate....

• Like 4

Rest in peace long sticks - I'll remember you

TM Burner Superfast 2.0 TP Regular

TM RBZ Stage 2 Fairway 14.5 stiff

Adams Blue Hybrid No. 3 stiff

Adams Super xtdHybrid 21.5 Stiff

Ping G30 4 and 5 Iron - Regular CFS Shaft

Ping i25 6 - PW Regular CFS Shaft

TM Y Groove Gap Wedge

Cleveland CG10 Sand Wedge

PingTR Piper Putter, adjustable shaft, SuperStroke Fatso

Titleist StaDry Cart Bag

Motocaddy S3 Pro Trolley

Foot Joy City, Adidas Boost Boa and Adidas Superstar shoes

Pro V1x in the summer, Titleist Velocity in the winter.

Welcome See,

we won't enter into WRX bashing - it's a bit easy after all! Welcome and enjoy to all the new folk.

For all those coming over from WRX and other sites, you'll find we dont go in for talk of 300 carry (aside from the very few members who can) - we might not call you on it but we might roll our eyes from round the world.

We even manage to keep fanboy behaviour under control - well nearly! Mizuno iron users are rather passionate....

Good post Westy. Love my Mizuno irons and wedges haha

Driver -  :taylormade-small: M1 9.5* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 70X

Fairway -   :taylormade-small: M1 5W 19* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 70X

Hybrids -   :ping-small: G25 4H 23*

Irons -  :mizuno-small: JPX 850 Forged 4-PW w/ Nippon N.S. Pro 1150S

Wedges - :mizuno-small: S5 50*07, 54*12, 58*12 w/ Nippon N.S. Pro 1150S

Putter - Oddyssey Metal-X #7 w/ SuperStroke Pistol GT 2.0

Welcome See,

Speaking of which... haven't seen Mizzylover in a while :D

:cobra-small: SpeedZone 9* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 60 S
:callaway-small: X2 Hot 3 Deep 14.5* w/ Aldila Tour Green 75 S
:taylormade-small: JetSpeed 5W 19* w/ Matrix Velox T 69 S OR :adams-small: Super LS 3H 19* w/ Kuro Kage Black 80 S
:mizuno-small: JPX919 Forged 4-PW w/ Modus3 105 S
:titelist-small: Vokey SM7 50/08F, 54/14F & 58/08M w/ Modus3 115 Wedge
:EVNROLL: ER1 34" w/ SuperStroke Fatso 2.0
MfleKCg.jpg Pro / 9dZCgaF.jpgH2NO Lite Cart Bag / :Clicgear: 3.0 / :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro LRF

My reviews: MLA Putter // Titleist SM7 // PING i500 // PuttOUT

Not sure whatever happened to him. I miss having him around.

Driver -  :taylormade-small: M1 9.5* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 70X

Fairway -   :taylormade-small: M1 5W 19* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 70X

Hybrids -   :ping-small: G25 4H 23*

Irons -  :mizuno-small: JPX 850 Forged 4-PW w/ Nippon N.S. Pro 1150S

Wedges - :mizuno-small: S5 50*07, 54*12, 58*12 w/ Nippon N.S. Pro 1150S

Putter - Oddyssey Metal-X #7 w/ SuperStroke Pistol GT 2.0

He did say that with his back issues, he would be out of commission for awhile......if I remember correctly.

Driver: PXG 0211 w/Evenflo Riptide CB Regular shaft 

Fairways:  Cobra King F8 3-4W(16*) & 5-6W(20*) w/Mitsubishi ck Blue regular shaft 

Hybrid: Cobra F8 3 Hybrid(19*) w/Recoil ES regular shaft 

Irons: Wilson D7 5-PW w/Recoil 460 Regular graphite shafts 

Wedges: Cleveland RTX Zipcore(50*/54*/58*) w/True Temper Spinner Wedge steel shaft  

Putter: 33" Evnroll ER2 w/Evnroll Gravity Grip 

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black).  

Pushcart:  Caddytek 3.0 from Costco

Ball: Maxfli Tour CG & Titleist Pro V1x.

Welcome See,

Thanks for the reply. I was really into WRX but all of the wannabe tour pros really put me off of it. I feel I have a good grasp on the golf swing and equipment because I've had a kinesiology class and I'm currently an engineering major but all of the guys that read one post and start throwing it around like they're Bob Vokey and Karsten Solheim themselves is a bit ridiculous.

Anyways rant over. I look forward to getting involved and helping others in any way I can and hearing what everyone has to say and what advice they have.

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

• Like 1

Callaway XR Pro 8* - Project X LZ 6.0
Callaway XR 15* - Project X LZ 6.0

Tour Issue Taylormade R15 19* - Motore Speeder 661 X
Cobra King Pro CB 4-PW - Project X 6.5
Callaway MD3 Black Shamrock LE - 50, 54, 58 - Tour Issue DG S200
Odyssey Works #7 CH

• 2 weeks later...

Bump -- for you new members who'd like to test the Mizuno driver/FW combo - here are some helpful tips....

http://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/15757-so-you-want-to-be-a-mygolfspy-club-tester/?p=201096

What's in the bag:

Driver:  Sub 70 639D - 9.5; :cleveland-small: Launcher HB Turbo; :mizuno-small: ST 190 
FW Wood: :tour-edge: Tour Edge EXS 220 - 15*; :mizuno-small: ST 180 14*
Hybrids:  PXG 0311 22
Utility Irons: :wilson_staff_small: Staff Model Utilities 18, 21, 24*;  Lynx VT Stinger - 16*
Irons::wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged; :benhogan-small:PTx Pro, :macgregor-small: VIP 1025 V-Foil MB/CB; :wilson_staff_small: Progressives (circa 1993)

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: CBX -2, :benhogan-small:Riviera 52-56-60; :wilson_staff_small: Staff Model
Putter:   :edel-golf-1:  Willamette,  :bettinardi-small: BB8,  :benhogan-small:Baby Ben

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B X (2020); :srixon-small: Z-STAR XV

Stat Tracker/GPS Watch: :ShotScope:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

That is a great post, I completely agree with the reasons for having to moderate readers and people who post... I for one have been reading for ages, but haven't posted nearly as much as I should have!! Well done!

Just joined today and I hope I can be a valued contributer! I love learning about all the new equipment out there, and just the reviews I have read on here today have been helpful in my making some decisions! Glad to be a part of the group!

Ryan - Utah

Geek No Brainer 6* X-stiff

Nike SQ irons steel shaft

HC: 10

I'm new to the forum, but it sounds similar to other online testing forums. Poor me....I didn't get picked, it's rigged....blah blah blah. I still hit my Ping G2, not because I can't buy a new driver, I have had my share. They just didn't work out for me. I'll keep hitting it till I find something that suits me better....or it breaks.

Love the change, hope I can provide my insight one day. But hell if not, at least I will have some fun reading others reviews and hopefully it will ultimately lead to the replacement of my beloved G2!

Cheers all.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy mobile app

• Like 1

Don't just read rodmanf77, participate by adding your $0.02.

Enjoy the ride.

Driver: PXG 0211 w/Evenflo Riptide CB Regular shaft 

Fairways:  Cobra King F8 3-4W(16*) & 5-6W(20*) w/Mitsubishi ck Blue regular shaft 

Hybrid: Cobra F8 3 Hybrid(19*) w/Recoil ES regular shaft 

Irons: Wilson D7 5-PW w/Recoil 460 Regular graphite shafts 

Wedges: Cleveland RTX Zipcore(50*/54*/58*) w/True Temper Spinner Wedge steel shaft  

Putter: 33" Evnroll ER2 w/Evnroll Gravity Grip 

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black).  

Pushcart:  Caddytek 3.0 from Costco

Ball: Maxfli Tour CG & Titleist Pro V1x.

This is hands down the best forum I have ever been apart of, these guys do not hold back in lue of traffic and in turn will just grow this site more. I love this and I am glad they are nipping it right away. You guys rock, keep it up. It's awesome to have a place to go and talk to some true golf enthusiasts and progressives.

And to quote fozcycle, "enjoy the ride"

Sent from my SM-G900V using MyGolfSpy mobile app

"What better gift from God than acres of neatly manicured scenery to chase a ball on!"

• 2 months later...

Question? Do you want iron and driver specs everything even if we are applying to test golf balls or other equipment. Thank you.

Hi Dave -

You can edit your profile and out all that information in your "signature." Then it will part of every post you do - but visible only on the desktop version of the forum (you won't see it in the app version).

As far as applying for review opportunities - simply follow the instructions in that particular thread.

Also - a profile picture and participation in the forum go a LONG way...

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy mobile app

• Like 1

What's in the bag:

Driver:  Sub 70 639D - 9.5; :cleveland-small: Launcher HB Turbo; :mizuno-small: ST 190 
FW Wood: :tour-edge: Tour Edge EXS 220 - 15*; :mizuno-small: ST 180 14*
Hybrids:  PXG 0311 22
Utility Irons: :wilson_staff_small: Staff Model Utilities 18, 21, 24*;  Lynx VT Stinger - 16*
Irons::wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged; :benhogan-small:PTx Pro, :macgregor-small: VIP 1025 V-Foil MB/CB; :wilson_staff_small: Progressives (circa 1993)

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: CBX -2, :benhogan-small:Riviera 52-56-60; :wilson_staff_small: Staff Model
Putter:   :edel-golf-1:  Willamette,  :bettinardi-small: BB8,  :benhogan-small:Baby Ben

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B X (2020); :srixon-small: Z-STAR XV

Stat Tracker/GPS Watch: :ShotScope:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

• 3 weeks later...

I know the original post is three years old, but as a new member, i was glad to see it.   The owners/staff/Mods of any site have a tough job to try and monitor 20,000 + internet warriors, it's a  job that gets far more complaints and sniping than a few occasional Thank You's.

I think all the qualification laid out make sense.  If anyone is interested in testing, and let's be honest, who doesn't like to try out the newest and latest of anything from Golf Clubs to Cell Phones..etc. then following a few simple rules should be easy.

I like whoever it was above that said Rule No. 4 should apply to everything in life also.  Well Said!!

:titelist-small: TSi1 Aldila Ascent 40G shaft

:titelist-small: TSi2 18 FW with GD AD IZ 6 Shaft

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 and 23 degree hybrids Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T300 5-P Tensei  R flex shaft 1/4 long 

:titelist-small: SM8 48F/54/58 D Grinds 

:ping-small: Tyne 4 

:titelist-small: ProV1X Play number 12

• 3 months later...
  • SPY VIP

Just some reminders to those entering to be testers:

Enter in the correct thread... please do not start a new thread.

Your application to test should not be your first and only post on the forums. Participation/interaction on the MyGolfSpy forum will be heavily considered.

Your application should not be your 8th post because you have entered to test 7 other products previously.

Post photos from time to time on the forum, this will show us that:

1. You can take a photo (hopefully well)

2. You can post a photo on the forums

Laugh at all my jokes regardless of how stupid they are.

Update your profile:

Image and as much information as you're willing to share

Make an introduction post in the appropriate sub-forum - hopefully you can find the right place to do this  ;) Please don't just title it new member... Be original and take a moment to tell us a little bit about you and golf, not just hey I'm bob and glad I found this pace.

You think I joke, but my buddies bug me all the time "Hey I see you guys are looking for people to test XXX - I want to be a tester, get me in!"

My reply "if you're not an active member of the forums and show you are legitimately interested to be an active member you're not going to test anything. Serious, take 5 minutes each day, click the new content button and read the forums. Take the time to reply when you can add to a thread. Hell jump on twice a week..."

All this seems to be too much work for them...

MyGolfSpy prides itself on a strong community and the constructive and intelligent (not counting plaid or Theoo) interaction between it's member. We want people with passion about the site to represent us in testing.

• Like 8

Yo #JustPlayBetter

Follow @GolfSpyMBP
twitmbp.jpg

wimb2.jpg 

latestreview.jpg 

You can't lay it out there any better than that ManBearPig!!

• Like 2

:titelist-small: TSi1 Aldila Ascent 40G shaft

:titelist-small: TSi2 18 FW with GD AD IZ 6 Shaft

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 and 23 degree hybrids Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T300 5-P Tensei  R flex shaft 1/4 long 

:titelist-small: SM8 48F/54/58 D Grinds 

:ping-small: Tyne 4 

:titelist-small: ProV1X Play number 12

I "have to" participate:

My wife won't talk golf gear with me, nor subtle nuances of different short game techniques, nor .....

[emoji6]

• Like 3

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
..Callaway Epic Speed 4W and Epic Max 7W (both Project X Cypher)
..Callaway Big Bertha 4H and 5H (both Recoil ZTR)
..PXG 0211 6i-GW (Mitsubishi MMT) 
..Cleveland CBX-2 54 and CBX 60 (both Rotex graphite)
...Edel EAS 4.0 (stock shaft, zero offset hosel, round grip)
..all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart.

Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)