Tony Covey MGS

How Forum Testers Will Be Chosen

GolfSpy STUDque

Initially posted by @GolfSpy MPR

All,

I'm going to go ahead a lock this thread from further posts, just to keep new folks from getting confused and posting their testing applications here. My sincere thanks goes to those who continue to help our new members.

For those new: read the opening few posts in this thread; they are essential instructions for getting involved in this awesome community! If you are trying to apply for a test, go back to the thread announcing the opportunity and reply to that thread.

Message added by GolfSpy STUDque

Our Sponsors

I liked your post MBP. Does this mean I'm in?

Still gotta apply like everyone else  :P

• Like 3

To simply have the chance to test things and give an honest review is a great opportunity. People might show up for the free stuff, but there are so many great discussions and feeds going on across the site. I think those are great rules and hopefully, one day, I'll get a chance to participate. If not, this is still a great place to be!

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 2

Good honest testing attracts customers/members while atta boy testing builds mistrust

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 3

I don't think people realize how much work goes into a quality review for the site. There is NO "free stuff" for testing. Sure, you get to keep the equipment but you have to invest your time to conduct tests on the course or on the range, not just go out an play. And you have to keep notes while conducting these tests and write about your experiences following a detailed outline. This takes time... a lot of time, so what is your time worth to you? To do anything less is not considered a quality review, IMO.

Good points, Kenny - I, in fact, still "owe" my Stage 3 review of the Hogan VKTR hybrid and I have .. as I have observed others .. spent a large amount of personal time trying to present meaningful info to the MGS forums/community.
  • Like 2

Good points, Kenny - I, in fact, still "owe" my Stage 3 review of the Hogan VKTR hybrid and I have .. as I have observed others .. spent a large amount of personal time trying to present meaningful info to the MGS forums/community.

haha  Thanks for the reminder!!  It's one of the many things that slipped my mind as the holidays approached.    :blush:

I get kind of confused when reading the new putter review.  I used to code HTML so I know it can be done however it may not be the right thing here at MGS.  Is it possible to link the tester to each stage etc. ?

Fozycle                   Stage One      Stage Two      Stage Three

RevKev                   Stage One      Stage Two      Stage Three

Hula Rock               Stage One      Stage Two      Stage Three

BGoergen                Stage One      Stage Two      Stage Three

jlukes                       Stage One      Stage Two      Stage Three

Carolina Golfer 2      Stage One      Stage Two      Stage Three

Example being you could click on Fozcle and then click on  the stage you are interested in reading.   Just asking as it would help to not have to look through all the in between stuff to read a particular part of a testers reviews.

• Like 1

I get kind of confused when reading the new putter review.  I used to code HTML so I know it can be done however it may not be the right thing here at MGS.  Is it possible to link the tester to each stage etc. ?

Fozycle                   Stage One      Stage Two      Stage Three

RevKev                   Stage One      Stage Two      Stage Three

Hula Rock               Stage One      Stage Two      Stage Three

BGoergen                Stage One      Stage Two      Stage Three

jlukes                       Stage One      Stage Two      Stage Three

Carolina Golfer 2      Stage One      Stage Two      Stage Three

Example being you could click on Fozcle and then click on  the stage you are interested in reading.   Just asking as it would help to not have to look through all the in between stuff to read a particular part of a testers reviews.

OG, if I'm understanding your question correctly, that is usually done.  Once a review is posted in the thread, the mods I think make the Stage One Review for me a hyperlink that takes you directly to that post.

See this thread for example. If that's not what you mean. let me know. 

http://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/17284-official-forum-member-review-precision-pro-nexus-rangefinder/?p=228404

• Like 2

OG, if I'm understanding your question correctly, that is usually done.  Once a review is posted in the thread, the mods I think make the Stage One Review for me a hyperlink that takes you directly to that post.

See this thread for example. If that's not what you mean. let me know. 

http://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/17284-official-forum-member-review-precision-pro-nexus-rangefinder/?p=228404

That is exactly what I am talking about!   Thanks pal

• Like 1

That is exactly what I am talking about!   Thanks pal

Good, as I'm new to reviewing, I think the process is, once we post the review and notify the mods, they link the main post.   

• Like 1

Good, as I'm new to reviewing, I think the process is, once we post the review and notify the mods, they link the main post.   

That's what I'm talking about as jumping around all the stages was getting me dizzy.  lol It doesn't take much to get me dizzy..... :wacko: 

• Like 1

Great new policy.

I only post when I actually have something to add, but this is my go-to site for all things golf.

MGS works hard to maintain my trust.

Thanks.

Just some reminders to those entering to be testers:

Enter in the correct thread... please do not start a new thread.

Your application to test should not be your first and only post on the forums. Participation/interaction on the MyGolfSpy forum will be heavily considered.

Your application should not be your 8th post because you have entered to test 7 other products previously.

Post photos from time to time on the forum, this will show us that:

1. You can take a photo (hopefully well)

2. You can post a photo on the forums

Laugh at all my jokes regardless of how stupid they are.

Update your profile:

Image and as much information as you're willing to share

Make an introduction post in the appropriate sub-forum - hopefully you can find the right place to do this  ;) Please don't just title it new member... Be original and take a moment to tell us a little bit about you and golf, not just hey I'm bob and glad I found this pace.

You think I joke, but my buddies bug me all the time "Hey I see you guys are looking for people to test XXX - I want to be a tester, get me in!"

My reply "if you're not an active member of the forums and show you are legitimately interested to be an active member you're not going to test anything. Serious, take 5 minutes each day, click the new content button and read the forums. Take the time to reply when you can add to a thread. Hell jump on twice a week..."

All this seems to be too much work for them...

MyGolfSpy prides itself on a strong community and the constructive and intelligent (not counting plaid or Theoo) interaction between it's member. We want people with passion about the site to represent us in testing.

Just a friendly reminder :)

Also, don't whine when you have 7 posts and never get picked.

Oh, and signing up in 2 year old threads that you obviously didin't read the instructions on, doesn't exactly reflect well on your future chances.

• Like 2

So you're saying I'm not going be be selected to test the Cobra Amp driver?

• Like 5

So you're saying I'm not going be be selected to test the Cobra Amp driver?

Is there a 2017 version?

:D

• Like 3

Tip 83:

Before randomly posting in a thread to get your post count up - "Looks great, sign me up!", figure out if it's even a testers wanted thread.... Oh and that it's still open.

------------------

*This has been Public Service Announcement, courtesy of your friendly neighborhood MBP.

• Like 4

Just looking through my doc

TIP 13:

We don't need 100 new "New Member", new member threads. Try hard for an original title, maybe 'New from XX location and I like cats in pants'.

---------------------------

*This has been Public Service Announcement, courtesy of your friendly neighborhood MBP.

• Like 3

I wonder if there was a minimum of 50 posts to be a tester, how many would stick around? ;) 

• Like 2