Tony Covey MGS

How Forum Testers Will Be Chosen

GolfSpy STUDque

Initially posted by @GolfSpy MPR

All,

I'm going to go ahead a lock this thread from further posts, just to keep new folks from getting confused and posting their testing applications here. My sincere thanks goes to those who continue to help our new members.

For those new: read the opening few posts in this thread; they are essential instructions for getting involved in this awesome community! If you are trying to apply for a test, go back to the thread announcing the opportunity and reply to that thread.

Message added by GolfSpy STUDque

Our Sponsors

I wonder if there was a minimum of 50 posts to be a tester, how many would stick around? ;)

I can't imagine the quality of posts we'd suddenly get bombarded with if that were the case! What really amazes me is when someone's first post is a listing to sell their golf club.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 4

I can't imagine the quality of posts we'd suddenly get bombarded with if that were the case! What really amazes me is when someone's first post is a listing to sell their golf club.

Oooo adding to my TIP doc with sub-note *Chershey credit

I realize some folks are shy about posting  however if they were chosen to test, they would have to post quite a few times anyway. As for those just throwing bull dooky up, that would eliminate them right away.  Get a taste of their posting style and if it's mumbo jumbo (to build post count) then you haven't earned the respect and right to do the job.

• Like 2

You gotta at least have a profile pic too. Not the ambiguous grey silhouette. That's like still having "the egg" on twitter. 

• Like 2

TIP 21:

If you do not want to apply and test a certain product, do not feel obligated to attempt a not so funny post within said thread. Many of these comments come off as quite douchey to a large percentage of the membership and will reflect poorly on you in the future.

---------------------------

*This has been Public Service Announcement, courtesy of your friendly neighborhood MBP.

• Like 6

Just giving a little bump to this thread.  Some fantastic tips in here and recommended reading for everyone interested in being a tester on here!

Tip #113

You don't need to "quote" and reply to the entire intro post when appying for testing.  Just give us the info that is asked for.

• Like 4

Being new to the forum and reading the first post, I give you guys a lot of credit and props. I'm active in other forums, which I enjoy, but seeing your focus laid out very plain and simple is great. Love that the focus isn't just on growing and expanding. Seems like you all understand the right way to do it and are intent on making sure it's done right. kudos!

• Like 5

Hi, my name is Blayne Hobbs

I am a professional golfer and teach golf for a living

I would love to test these new Ping wedges, as I thought the last years models were very good.

I am a TaylorMade staff member and told my rep, if he couldn't beat the glide ping wedges, I would play them.

I would love to test the new stuff.

Please apply in official thread

TIP 21:

If you do not want to apply and test a certain product, do not feel obligated to attempt a not so funny post within said thread. Many of these comments come off as quite douchey to a large percentage of the membership and will reflect poorly on you in the future.

---------------------------

*This has been Public Service Announcement, courtesy of your friendly neighborhood MBP.

I'm one of those people who try to respectively decline an opportunity to test if I don't think I can do a good job testing or I don't think it will improve my game. Also trying to show that I'm not one of the people trying to test everything to get free stuff.

With that said I hope I'm not one of the people who sounds douchy. If I am please let me know and I'll only respond if I'm interested in testing.

Sent from my SM-G920V using MyGolfSpy mobile app

• Like 2

HI GENTLEMEN:

My name is Danny from Texas. I am a new forum member today. Yes, I would like to be a tester.

:mellow:

Iron Specs--  Regular- standard length- and 11/2 degree up

Driver--           10.5  Regular or Senior

Right Handed

I live in Denton, Texas

My handicap is 10.

I am 69 years of age.

I look forward to talking and reading interesting posts on this forum.

I have played in the PGA Tour Superstore- World Am for the last 28 to 30 years in Myrtle Beach S.C.  the last week of August each year. ( formally the DuPont World Am ). This is really a fun experience and if you have never been you owe it to yourself to go if you love golf and beautiful courses. Check it out.

attachicon.gifIMG_0036.JPG

Thanks to all,

See you in the forums.

I

Welcome aboard Danny, you might want to repost in this thread.  https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/18525-testers-wanted-ping-glide-20-wedges/

And post your Introduction in this thread  https://forum.mygolfspy.com/forum/60-introduce-yourself/

• Like 1

Just giving a little bump to this thread.  Some fantastic tips in here and recommended reading for everyone interested in being a tester on here!

Tip #113

You don't need to "quote" and reply to the entire intro post when appying for testing.  Just give us the info that is asked for.

which also applies to quoting the entire intro post, but leaving no info

• Like 2

It does thin the herd.

• Like 2

It does thin the herd.

Darwin was a smart man ;)

• Like 1

So.... Is that Danny's...

1. Wife?

2. Mistress?

3. Daughter?

4. Casual girlfriend?

Or.....

5. (just...) The Beer Cart Girl?

Either way - looking good, Danny!!

Have you noticed a common theme with testers chosen?

Give ya a hint, they have a very active post count on the forums.  ;)

• Like 4

Have you noticed a common theme with testers chosen?

Give ya a hint, they have a very active post count on the forums.  ;)

Holy Indicator, Batman. A CLUE!

• Like 3

Give ya a hint, they have a very active post count on the forums. ;)

But I created an account the day the post requesting testers was made and my post count is 1 so I am active

• Like 4

Does sucking up help?

I hear MBP is a good lookin' fella....

• Like 2

Does sucking up help?

I hear MBP is a good lookin' fella....

Oh this kind of flattery will get you places.

• Like 2