How Forum Testers Will Be Chosen

Message added by STUDque

Initially posted by @GolfSpy MPR

All,

I'm going to go ahead a lock this thread from further posts, just to keep new folks from getting confused and posting their testing applications here. My sincere thanks goes to those who continue to help our new members.

For those new: read the opening few posts in this thread; they are essential instructions for getting involved in this awesome community! If you are trying to apply for a test, go back to the thread announcing the opportunity and reply to that thread.

No no, this thread is fine... keep posting here... you triple your chances!

• Like 1

:cobra-small: SpeedZone 9* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 60 S
:callaway-small: X2 Hot 3 Deep 14.5* w/ Aldila Tour Green 75 S
:taylormade-small: JetSpeed 5W 19* w/ Matrix Velox T 69 S OR :adams-small: Super LS 3H 19* w/ Kuro Kage Black 80 S
:mizuno-small: JPX919 Forged 4-PW w/ Modus3 105 S
:titelist-small: Vokey SM7 50/08F, 54/14F & 58/08M w/ Modus3 115 Wedge
:EVNROLL: ER1 34" w/ SuperStroke Fatso 2.0
MfleKCg.jpg Pro / 9dZCgaF.jpgH2NO Lite Cart Bag / :Clicgear: 3.0 / :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro LRF

My reviews: MLA Putter // Titleist SM7 // PING i500 // PuttOUT

See my post in rant thread [emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 3

Callaway  Rogue ST Max Driver 10.5
Cleveland Launcher xl halo hy-wood 18 Degree
Cleveland Launcher XL Halo 7- wood
Cleveland Launcher XL Irons 5 - PW
Cleveland CBX 2 50 & 54 Degree Wedge
Cleveland CBX Full-Face Wedge 58 degree
Odyssey
  White Hot OG 7S Putter

• 2 weeks later...

Gps tracking

32.8918° N, 117.2412° W

• Like 2

Driver:  Callaway Epic Flash 9° w/ GD Tour AD DI-6X

3wd:  TaylorMade SIM 15° w/ GD Tour AD DI-7S

2h: Callaway Big Bertha Alpha 815 17° w/ Fujikura Speeder 865 Stiff

4h: Callaway XR Pro 23 w/ Project X LZ 6.0

5i - PW: PXG 0311T w/ Project X LZ 6.0

Wedges: Callaway MD3 50°, Titleist SM7 54° and 58°

Putter: TaylorMade Spider Tour

Ball: Titleist ProV1x

32.8918° N, 117.2412° W

I see what you did there [emoji6]

• Like 3

:ping-small: G400 Max

:ping-small: G410 3W

:ping-small: G410 3 & 4 Crossover

:ping-small: i200 5-PW

:vokey-small: Vokey SM7 | 52-56-60

:taylormade-small: Taylormade Spider X

• 1 month later...

Sounds fair to me. I will say that although there is some negativity on here, by far the people on here have been more than helpful and why I keep coming back! 

• Like 2

Driver  :titelist-small: TS 2, Hzrdus Smoke Black Stiff 9.5* Setting, A2

Fairway Wood:   :ping-small: G30 Stiff Shaft

Hybrid:   :titelist-small: TS2 19* Hzrdus Smoke Black Stiff shaft

Irons:     :titelist-small: 718 AP1 (4-PW) AMT Red Stiff Shafts 

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: RTX4 52* 56*

Putter:   :cameron-small: Scotty Cameron Golo 5

Right Handed 

Pittsburgh, PA

32.8918° N, 117.2412° W

Somewhere near Torrey Pines (South) .. tho that geo marker looks like you're in front of one of the biotech labs there...?

(Did my last year of college at UCSD next to there, tho prob spent more time surfing in Del Mar than in class...)

• Like 1

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
..Callaway Big Bertha B21 driver (Recoil ES 450/F3)
..Callaway Bertha Mini 1.5 (UST ProForce V2-HL 5/F3)
..Callaway Epic Max 5W (PX Cypher 50/5.0)
..Callaway Big Bertha 4H and 5H (both Recoil ZT9/F3)
..PXG 0211 6i-GW (Mitsubishi MMT 60/A) 
..Cleveland CBX2 54 and CBX 60 (Rotex graphite)
..EvnRoll ER5 or MLA XDream (Edel EAS 4.0 on the bench)
..all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart.

Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

I think that's totally fair on those who are given the honour you be a club tester. My golf past is: Past PGA Professional 15 years ago - 7 1/2 years of no golf do to back and wrist surgeries where I was on the wrong end of Drunk Drivers using my vehicle as their stopping tool. Been as low as 63 in competition, just joined a club in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada where I was the club pro years ago. After this fall/winter I will be able to play as much as I want to without my body giving me the Heisman! Right handed - 6ft - 3", 195 pounds. Hopefully 205-210 by spring, fingers crossed. A true 4-7 handicap currently, goal is to get back to a honest scratch in 2 years. Currently 44 years old and looking to forward to playing lots of golf moving forward, especially with my 13 year old daughter who has taken up the game and enjoys it. Specs are standard length irons - very long arms - 2 degrees upright with stiff flex steel shafts - 120 grams is my preference - used to play pure blades but looking for a partial cavity or a split set next year. Been Mizuno, Titleist and Miura irons in my golf days. Hit a slight cut with my irons for control and quite consistent ball striker. Used to go get it with a steep angle of attack. With wrist and back working on sweeping through impact more now moving forward. Driver 10.5 44.5 " in length - Stiff Graphite - Tour Design or Grafalloy shafts - 2.7 to 3.3 tourque with low spin / high launch preference. Titleist/Callaway and Taylor Made Drivers. 34" putter length - Answer style head with a slight Arc. Played Ping Answer 2, Scotty Cameron Newport and tried a mallet or two as well. New to golf spy, sorry for the length of the post. If their is other info needed or boxes to be ticked off to be thought of as a tester, let me know as I'd like the opportunity if possible. Thanks for your consideration!

Sorry to hear about the accident and the struggles as a result. 

Welcome  to MGS and back to the game, I bet your back to scratch in no time.    Looking forward to seeing you around the forums, lots of great golf conversations going on. 

:titelist-small: TSi1 Aldila Ascent 40G shaft

:titelist-small: TSi2 18 FW with GD AD IZ 6 Shaft

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 and 23 degree hybrids Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T300 5-P Tensei  R flex shaft 1/4 long 

:titelist-small: SM8 48F/54/58 D Grinds 

:ping-small: Tyne 4 

:titelist-small: ProV1X Play number 12

• SPY VIP

I think that's totally fair on those who are given the honour you be a club tester. My golf past is: Past PGA Professional 15 years ago - 7 1/2 years of no golf do to back and wrist surgeries where I was on the wrong end of Drunk Drivers using my vehicle as their stopping tool. Been as low as 63 in competition, just joined a club in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada where I was the club pro years ago. After this fall/winter I will be able to play as much as I want to without my body giving me the Heisman! Right handed - 6ft - 3", 195 pounds. Hopefully 205-210 by spring, fingers crossed. A true 4-7 handicap currently, goal is to get back to a honest scratch in 2 years. Currently 44 years old and looking to forward to playing lots of golf moving forward, especially with my 13 year old daughter who has taken up the game and enjoys it. Specs are standard length irons - very long arms - 2 degrees upright with stiff flex steel shafts - 120 grams is my preference - used to play pure blades but looking for a partial cavity or a split set next year. Been Mizuno, Titleist and Miura irons in my golf days. Hit a slight cut with my irons for control and quite consistent ball striker. Used to go get it with a steep angle of attack. With wrist and back working on sweeping through impact more now moving forward. Driver 10.5 44.5 " in length - Stiff Graphite - Tour Design or Grafalloy shafts - 2.7 to 3.3 tourque with low spin / high launch preference. Titleist/Callaway and Taylor Made Drivers. 34" putter length - Answer style head with a slight Arc. Played Ping Answer 2, Scotty Cameron Newport and tried a mallet or two as well. New to golf spy, sorry for the length of the post. If their is other info needed or boxes to be ticked off to be thought of as a tester, let me know as I'd like the opportunity if possible. Thanks for your consideration!

Thanks for the passionate response. This post would have worked great as a new personal introduction thread in the introduce yourself forum.

As for testing considerations, you will need to apply on a case by case basis when new threads/products are posted by us looking for applicants.

Thanks again for your introduction. We look forward to many future interactions from you in the forum and maybe even one day product reviews, whether they be selected by us or your own personal ones.

• Like 4

Yo #JustPlayBetter

Follow @GolfSpyMBP
twitmbp.jpg

wimb2.jpg 

latestreview.jpg 

• 1 month later...

Man, I really have to learn to read dates....

I was reading as if this policy change had been put in place this year. Still an interesting read, though.

Sent from my BLN-L24 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Driver:  :callaway-small:Epic Speed 9* (set -1) Mitsubishi MMT 70X
3W: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 15* Recoil 460ES
3H, 4H: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 19*, 23* Recoil 780ES
4-AW:  :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR HF2 Modus3 Tour 105
SW: :cleveland-small: Zipcore Black Satin 54*
LW: :cleveland-small: Zipcore Black Satin 58*
Putter: :odyssey-small: Stroke Lab Marxman
Bag: BigMax Dri Active Lite
Ball: :taylormade-small: TP5x Pix
Pushcart: BigMax iQ+

2021 Test - Callaway Epic Speed

• 1 month later...

Just read this post, even though it is 4 years old, it's relevance still stands today. Being active on MyGolfSpy for a short time, it seems that the forum etiquette has improved from some past problems. Would I like to be a product tester, sure, but being a short timer, it should be left to those that have put in more time and been around longer than I. Maybe sometime in the future my opportunity will come, if not, I will still enjoy reading and conversing with fellow golfers about this great game of golf.

• Like 3
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

Driver   :bridgestone-small:     JGR 9.5 R Flex Adila 65        

3 Wood  :callaway-logo-1:            XR RFlex Fujikura Evolution

5 Wood :callaway-logo-1:            XR R Flex Project X 5.5                                     

7Wood  :adams-small:    Speedline LP R Flex Matix HD Radix 5.1                                                                                                           Irons      :bridgestone-small:   4 thru A Wedge  J-15 CB R Flex NS Pro                                                                                                             Wedges :cleveland-small:              56 CG 15                                                                                                                                                                           XE!                      65                                                                                                                                                                       Putter      :EVNROLL:         ER 5  Hatchback                                                                                                                                                Ball          :titelist-small:                 NXT Tour S                                                                                                                                      

Just read this post, even though it is 4 years old, it's relevance still stands today. Being active on MyGolfSpy for a short time, it seems that the forum etiquette has improved from some past problems. Would I like to be a product tester, sure, but being a short timer, it should be left to those that have put in more time and been around longer than I. Maybe sometime in the future my opportunity will come, if not, I will still enjoy reading and conversing with fellow golfers about this great game of golf.

Keep entering and you never know! I was only here about 9 months when I was selected and I'm sure there were more qualified applicants than me, but I got my shot and I had a blast doing the testing!

Sent from my E6853 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Thanks for the advice. I'm new to the forum, with only a few posts so far. I joined because I liked what I saw as far as the very extensive knowledge and information, and hope to be able to contribute in the future for the benefit of everyone here. For a lot of us, golf is our passion, and places like this is where we should all be able to be honest while being respectful and civil. Looking forward to participating more

Driver: Taylormade M1 430, 8.5*, 1 inch short

FW: Callaway Epic SZ 13.5* and 18*

Irons: Callaway Apex CF16, standard length and lie, Project X LZ 6.0

Wedges: Mizuno T7 Blue Ion, 52*, 56*, 60*

Putter: Scotty Cameron GoLo 5

Ball: K-sig (until I run out)

Right Handed golfer from Detroit, MI with a 14 handicap, working towards single digits

• Like 4

Driver: :callaway-small:  Rogue 9*, -1" length
FW: :callaway-small:  Epic SZ 13.5*, 18* -.5" length

Utility: :titelist-small:  816 H2 21*
Irons: :callaway-small: Apex CF 16, std. lenght/lie
Wedges: :mizuno-small:  T7 Blue Ion, 52*, 56*, 60*
Putter: :odyssey-small:  #7S

RH golfer from Detroit, MI with a 14 handicap, working towards single digits

Thanks for the advice. I'm new to the forum, with only a few posts so far. I joined because I liked what I saw as far as the very extensive knowledge and information, and hope to be able to contribute in the future for the benefit of everyone here. For a lot of us, golf is our passion, and places like this is where we should all be able to be honest while being respectful and civil. Looking forward to participating more

Driver: Taylormade M1 430, 8.5*, 1 inch short

FW: Callaway Epic SZ 13.5* and 18*

Irons: Callaway Apex CF16, standard length and lie, Project X LZ 6.0

Wedges: Mizuno T7 Blue Ion, 52*, 56*, 60*

Putter: Scotty Cameron GoLo 5

Right Handed golfer from Detroit, MI with a 14 handicap, working towards single digits

Curly sounds like you are going to be an active member so jump in and get er done!

Callaway  Rogue ST Max Driver 10.5
Cleveland Launcher xl halo hy-wood 18 Degree
Cleveland Launcher XL Halo 7- wood
Cleveland Launcher XL Irons 5 - PW
Cleveland CBX 2 50 & 54 Degree Wedge
Cleveland CBX Full-Face Wedge 58 degree
Odyssey
  White Hot OG 7S Putter

Keep entering and you never know! I was only here about 9 months when I was selected and I'm sure there were more qualified applicants than me, but I got my shot and I had a blast doing the testing!

Sent from my E6853 using Tapatalk

I will keep trying, if selected, I will be honored. If not, I will still be a happy and satisfied MyGolfSpyer !!!

• Like 2
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

Driver   :bridgestone-small:     JGR 9.5 R Flex Adila 65        

3 Wood  :callaway-logo-1:            XR RFlex Fujikura Evolution

5 Wood :callaway-logo-1:            XR R Flex Project X 5.5                                     

7Wood  :adams-small:    Speedline LP R Flex Matix HD Radix 5.1                                                                                                           Irons      :bridgestone-small:   4 thru A Wedge  J-15 CB R Flex NS Pro                                                                                                             Wedges :cleveland-small:              56 CG 15                                                                                                                                                                           XE!                      65                                                                                                                                                                       Putter      :EVNROLL:         ER 5  Hatchback                                                                                                                                                Ball          :titelist-small:                 NXT Tour S                                                                                                                                      

I think the biggest key to getting selected is to post on other topics that interest you and be yourself. It's really apparent when people are trying to force the issue to get noticed for testing.

Just have some fun and talk some golf

• Like 4

:ping-small: G410 LST 9* VA Nemesys 65X

:ping-small: G425 LST 14.5* Tour AD DI 7X

:titelist-small: 818 H2 20* Tour AD DI 85X

:mizuno-small: MP20 HMB 4 - Tour AD 95X

:mizuno-small: JPX 919 Tour 5-PW OBAN CT 115X(-)

:titelist-small: Vokey SM7 50F - 54S - 60D

:ping-small: PLD Milled Anser 2

:titelist-small: ProV1

• 1 month later...