G-Pro Edge Putter Grip – By Garsen Golf

• SPY VIP

Speed Review

G-Pro Edge Putter Grip – By Garsen Golf

garsen-grip-white.jpg

Smart

garsen-grip-pink-hands.jpg

When I was first asked to look at Garsen Golf I was like, “a who?” So I looked them up, did a little reading and you know what? This is a smart idea. What Garsen have done is take the normally flat front putter grip and split it into two. These now meet along a raised center for what Garsen dubs; “A unique two-sided design”.  

The theory behind this is simple, but we'll let Garsen explain.

"Its patented, two-sided design, which places your hands into a neutral position, turns your elbows into your body and sets your shoulders back. This puts your body in a relaxed position and eliminates unnecessary wrist breakdown. This creates a more repetitive straight-back, straight-through putting stroke. Together, these characteristics contribute to a more confident putting stroke, which will lead to making more putts."

Fabulous (So says Mrs. MBP)

garsen-grip-3.jpg

If Garsen's vibrant pink grip is any indication, then they offer 8 pretty bold color choices. OK so 2 are black & white, but seriously none of these grips could be considered dull at all.

The TPO rubber used in the G-Pro has a pleasant feel, think something along the lines of a Golf Pride Tour Classic/Iomic.

And to charm the pants off the big grip crowd Garsen are set to release a PU material jumbo version. I will say that the size of the grip threw the balance off a little and I had issues getting a feel for the putter head at first.

Effective

garsen-grip-jumbo-hands.jpg

What the... This thing actually works! The G-Pro really encourages you to keep your hands relaxed and I found myself not wanting to tighten my grip. Being as relaxed as you are with your elows into your body, you'll find it quite awkward to make a poor stroke. So really, once you're used to gripping the putter this way the whole process comes off a pretty natural. I'm really noticing a far more consistent roll.

garsen-grip-fat-pink.jpg

The Wrap

garsen-blk-wht-pink.jpg

Smart
Fabulous
Effective

MBP Approves

I don't know if Garsen's achieved their goal of the perfect grip, but it certainly couldn't hurt to try one.

speedreview-garsen_zps6ebd20d4.png

http://www.garsengolf.com/

Yo #JustPlayBetter

Follow @GolfSpyMBP
twitmbp.jpg

wimb2.jpg 

latestreview.jpg 

Loving the speed reviews!

Driver:   :callaway-small: Epic 10.5 set to 9.5 w/ Tour AD-DI 44.5

FW:   :cobra-small: F6 baffler set at 16º

Hybrid:  NONE
Irons:   :taylormade-small:  3i 2014 TP CB  4-PW 2011 TP MC w/ TT S400

Wedges:   :nike-small: 52º :nike-small: 56º  :edel-golf-1: 60 º w/ KBS C-Taper XS Soft-stepped

Putter:   :ping-small: Sigma G Tyne 34 inches Gold dot

Definitely an interesting concept.  I just may have to try one of these!

What's In The Bag

Driver :titelist-small:

Titleist 913 D2 10.5* (set to 9.75* / Neutral) 46" Paderson KINETIXX Kevlar Green - R

Fairway Wood

Tom Wishon 949 MC 16.5* Fujikura Speeder 569-A

Hybrid  :cleveland-small: Hibore 22* Aldila VS Proto Blue

Irons  :ping-small: G series 5-P

Wedges :ping-small:Glide 54* SS / 60* TS - SCOR 53*

Putter     :nike-small: Nike Method 001 / P2 Reflex grip 35"

Ball

Master Grip Tour C4

Bag

Datrek DG Lite  

Interesting concept -- finally getting the feel of my new Gridiron from BestGrips - but will keep this one on the short list...

What's in the bag:

Driver:  Sub 70 639D - 9.5; :cleveland-small: Launcher HB Turbo; :mizuno-small: ST 190 
FW Wood: :tour-edge: Tour Edge EXS 220 - 15*; :mizuno-small: ST 180 14*
Hybrids:  PXG 0311 22
Utility Irons: :wilson_staff_small: Staff Model Utilities 18, 21, 24*;  Lynx VT Stinger - 16*
Irons::wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged; :benhogan-small:PTx Pro, :macgregor-small: VIP 1025 V-Foil MB/CB; :wilson_staff_small: Progressives (circa 1993)

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: CBX -2, :benhogan-small:Riviera 52-56-60; :wilson_staff_small: Staff Model
Putter:   :edel-golf-1:  Willamette,  :bettinardi-small: BB8,  :benhogan-small:Baby Ben

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B X (2020); :srixon-small: Z-STAR XV

Stat Tracker/GPS Watch: :ShotScope:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

• 4 weeks later...
  • SPY VIP

No joke. Having not played or practiced much lately, this grip really puts you at ease on the greens. My speed was fabulous this weekend.

Yo #JustPlayBetter

Follow @GolfSpyMBP
twitmbp.jpg

wimb2.jpg 

latestreview.jpg 

Have a buddy who's been using one of these for about two months now and swears by it. It really has helped him putt better. I love the concept and really like the feel. I currently use the flatso and don't see myself changing anytime soon, but if I were to make a change I'd be using the Pierre Garsen grip!