Number of Testers
Signup Cutoff Date:
4,040 signups
Equipment Type: Health/Golf Tracking
Vendor: Garmin

Testers Wanted!

2.jpg
Last year, we had a Forum Testing Opportunity for the Garmin S70 watch, which received great results for its high-end feel, look, and of course, performance. For this member testing opportunity, we are taking a different angle and combining the Garmin S70 watch with the Garmin Approach CT10 sensors for a full on and off-course tracking experience.

A Different Kind Of Member Test
The Garmin S70 Life Series member test is going to take performance and tracking to a new level. While we still want to know how the products perform for our selected testers, this opportunity is just as much about how these products set you up to perform at your best. The selected testers will go through this long-term testing opportunity (8 weeks) tracking their Body Battery, Sleep Score, and HRV (heart rate variability) throughout the testing period. They will take these measurements before rounds, after rounds, and even on off days to see how they can help prepare their bodies for success, but also see the effects of their preparation (or lack thereof) on the scorecard. Combined with the Approach CT10 tracking sensors, the selected testers will have access to a full suite of data, stats, and more.

1.jpg

The Testing Opportunity
For this Forum Member Testing Opportunity with Garmin, we are looking for four golfers who are willing to share and explore the full Garmin experience with the S70 watch and Approach CT10 sensors. These golfers will test, review, and keep the watch and sensors as part of the member test, all while tracking their results to see how their day-to-day lives affect their golf rounds or how their golf rounds affect their day-to-day lives! We want to know how they score on good days and bad days, how the whole system works together, and if using the Garmin health tracking systems can affect their game to lower their scores.

Think you are ready for the challenge of this long-term member test?

6.jpg
*Open to all registered MyGolfSpy Forum Members living in North America
*Registration closes May 15
*Testers announced on the Forum May 21

4.jpg

258 Comments

This would be great timing for me. I've got an older Garmin GPS watch that needs replacing and I'm working out more frequently as I recover from some injuries last year. At 72 years young, I'm retired and playing more golf so I'll provide lots of data. (though the numbers might be embarrassing!) 😀  I've used Game Golf trackers in the past but found them wanting on many levels so I've just been using the tracking available through my Garmin. Also, my current Garmin Approach x40 has a tiny screen and this new one is much easier for these old eyes!

As a Garmin R10 user, I've been interested in the other Garmin products. I also have been using on club tracking systems for years, first Golfpad and currently Arccos. I've been using a Galaxy watch to connect to my Arccos but I always hoped there would be a good way to use Garmin for everything. I play a lot and would love to see how this all works together to track my game and health.

Would love to try this out. My wife has a Garmin she uses for tracking her runs. I have friends that use an Apple Watch. Would be fun to compare

definitely interested in trying this over always having to bring out a range finder and see how they would compare

What a great way to test a golf watch, just tell everyone that it is going to be used to monitor your health. That is genius!!! 

This is a great opportunity! I’ve been looking at this as an upgrade to my Apple Watch. Im anxious to see the integration of tech, shot tracking, fitness tracking, and other apps.  

Had a really interesting talk with my brother-in-law yesterday about his Garmin experience.  @Garmin GPS should be quite proud of their product and its ability to improve health!  He attributes his 50+ lbs weight loss and training for a half marathon EXCLUSIVELY to his Garmin watch!  He said he's gotten used to wearing it 24/7 and because of that is reaping all the extra health benefits this test looks to prove.  I'd love to track the data and then see if it correlates to scoring or mental/physical readiness on the course.  With weekly league play and weekend trips coming up, it would be an awesome stretch to give this product a fair test and see if the hype is worth it.  Fingers crossed, and good luck to all that have signed up!  

Also a shoutout to the @GolfSpy_APH (who I have worked with in other tests) and all Mods for continually bringing great testing opportunities forward that really encompass the full 360 golf experience.   

This Test is now closed to further comments.